Problem starting Lotus Organizer - OS2

This is a discussion on Problem starting Lotus Organizer - OS2 ; I just installed Lotus Smartsuite v1.6 for OS/2 on my laptop. All programs run except for Organizer, which gives the following error message on starting: ASWAN_ERROR: (Error 65535(0xffff)): E_UNEXPECTED - Unexpected failure,ASD_UNCHANGED If I then click the OK button in ...

  1. Problem starting Lotus Organizer

    I just installed Lotus Smartsuite v1.6 for OS/2 on my laptop. All
    programs run except for Organizer, which gives the following error
    message on starting:

    ASWAN_ERROR: (Error 65535(0xffff)):
    E_UNEXPECTED - Unexpected
    failure,ASD_UNCHANGED

    If I then click the OK button in the error window, Organizer closes.

    What in the world does this message mean? And what must I do in order
    to get Organizer to work properly?

    --
    Fred Blau
    (Change "NOSPAM@" to "systematics@" in my e-mail address)

  2. Re: Problem starting Lotus Organizer

    Fred Blau wrote:
    > I just installed Lotus Smartsuite v1.6 for OS/2 on my laptop. All
    > programs run except for Organizer, which gives the following error
    > message on starting:
    >
    > ASWAN_ERROR: (Error 65535(0xffff)):
    > E_UNEXPECTED - Unexpected
    > failure,ASD_UNCHANGED
    >
    > If I then click the OK button in the error window, Organizer closes.
    >
    > What in the world does this message mean? And what must I do in order
    > to get Organizer to work properly?

    No idea what the error means but there's a newer 1.7 version out that
    has worked okay for me so maybe give that a try.

    --
    Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
    and Sea Monkey 1.5a

  3. Re: Problem starting Lotus Organizer

    On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 17:51:12 UTC, "David T. Johnson"
    wrote:

    > Fred Blau wrote:
    > > I just installed Lotus Smartsuite v1.6 for OS/2 on my laptop. All
    > > programs run except for Organizer, which gives the following error
    > > message on starting:
    > >
    > > ASWAN_ERROR: (Error 65535(0xffff)):
    > > E_UNEXPECTED - Unexpected
    > > failure,ASD_UNCHANGED
    > >
    > > If I then click the OK button in the error window, Organizer closes.
    > >
    > > What in the world does this message mean? And what must I do in order
    > > to get Organizer to work properly?
    > >

    > No idea what the error means but there's a newer 1.7 version out that
    > has worked okay for me so maybe give that a try.

    I would have to buy it, and I really don't want to invest more money in
    a dead-ended product that was never well maintained. At some point in
    the not-too-distant (?) future, I expect to bite the bullet and switch
    to OpenOffice. In the meantime, I will continue with WordPro and
    Organizer, the only SmartSuite apps that I use fairly often.

    --
    Fred Blau
    (Change "NOSPAM@" to "systematics@" in my e-mail address)

  4. Re: Problem starting Lotus Organizer

    Try running the RegRx utility in the Compnent subdirectory. Resetting
    the registry parameters sometimes helps with these type of problems.

    Good luck,

    Nate Liskov

    "Fred Blau" wrote:

    > I just installed Lotus Smartsuite v1.6 for OS/2 on my laptop. All
    > programs run except for Organizer, which gives the following error
    > message on starting:
    >
    > ASWAN_ERROR: (Error 65535(0xffff)):
    > E_UNEXPECTED - Unexpected
    > failure,ASD_UNCHANGED
    >
    > If I then click the OK button in the error window, Organizer closes.
    >
    > What in the world does this message mean? And what must I do in order
    > to get Organizer to work properly?

    --
    nate_NOSPAM@lcs.mit.edu http://nateliskov.kicks-ass.org
    or http://home.comcast.net/~nateliskov

  5. Re: Problem starting Lotus Organizer

    On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 20:54:12 UTC, "Nathan Liskov"
    wrote:

    > Try running the RegRx utility in the Compnent subdirectory. Resetting
    > the registry parameters sometimes helps with these type of problems.
    >
    > Good luck,
    >
    > Nate Liskov

    > "Fred Blau" wrote:

    > > I just installed Lotus Smartsuite v1.6 for OS/2 on my laptop. All
    > > programs run except for Organizer, which gives the following error
    > > message on starting:
    > >
    > > ASWAN_ERROR: (Error 65535(0xffff)):
    > > E_UNEXPECTED - Unexpected
    > > failure,ASD_UNCHANGED
    > >
    > > If I then click the OK button in the error window, Organizer closes.
    > >
    > > What in the world does this message mean? And what must I do in order
    > > to get Organizer to work properly?

    Thanks for the suggestion, Nate, but unfortunately it did not solve the
    problem.

    --
    Fred Blau
    (Change "NOSPAM@" to "systematics@" in my e-mail address)

  6. Re: Problem starting Lotus Organizer

    On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:16:40 UTC, "Fred Blau"
    wrote:

    How are the *.IR files in \os2\etc and \lotusw4\etc?
    They can get corrupted pretty fast.

    I also found in an old os2voice issue the following:
    2. Some video card/video driver combinations have been known to cause
    application launch problems such as an "ASWAN_ERROR" when launching
    Organizer or a crash on the launch of 1-2-3. Users with Matrox
    Millenium II or Matrox Mystique cards running in 16M colors, for
    example, have reported problems launching 1-2-3, Approach and
    Organizer. Both the latest Matrox driver (version 2.14.054) and the
    latest GRADD driver have been reported to solve SmartSuite application
    launch problems encountered with the Matrox Mystique video card.
    Dropping the color depth from 16M to 64K may also solve application
    launch problems.

    > I just installed Lotus Smartsuite v1.6 for OS/2 on my laptop. All
    > programs run except for Organizer, which gives the following error
    > message on starting:
    >
    > ASWAN_ERROR: (Error 65535(0xffff)):
    > E_UNEXPECTED - Unexpected
    > failure,ASD_UNCHANGED
    >
    > If I then click the OK button in the error window, Organizer closes.
    >
    > What in the world does this message mean? And what must I do in order
    > to get Organizer to work properly?

    --
    Greetings,
    Cees van Veelen

  7. Re: Problem starting Lotus Organizer

    On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 21:49:58 UTC, "Cees van Veelen"
    wrote:

    > On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:16:40 UTC, "Fred Blau"
    > wrote:
    >
    > How are the *.IR files in \os2\etc and \lotusw4\etc?
    > They can get corrupted pretty fast.

    I compared these files with those on another machine: one was
    missing and another was different, so I copied the good ones to my
    laptop and even rebooted, but it made no difference.

    > I also found in an old os2voice issue the following:
    > 2. Some video card/video driver combinations have been known to cause
    > application launch problems such as an "ASWAN_ERROR" when launching
    > Organizer or a crash on the launch of 1-2-3. Users with Matrox
    > Millenium II or Matrox Mystique cards running in 16M colors, for
    > example, have reported problems launching 1-2-3, Approach and
    > Organizer. Both the latest Matrox driver (version 2.14.054) and the
    > latest GRADD driver have been reported to solve SmartSuite application
    > launch problems encountered with the Matrox Mystique video card.
    > Dropping the color depth from 16M to 64K may also solve application
    > launch problems.

    The video card on my laptop is an ATI Mobility Radeon x300. I had
    the color depth set to 16M, so I changed it to 64k, but that also
    did not make a difference.

    I even backed out of Fixpak 5 (eCS v1.1), as my laptop was the
    only machine with it installed. Again, no difference.

    Thanks for the suggestions anyway. I will probably just have to
    learn to live with this problem. Maybe when I upgrade to eCS v2.0
    (!), I will try to reinstall Lotus Organizer.

    > > I just installed Lotus Smartsuite v1.6 for OS/2 on my laptop. All
    > > programs run except for Organizer, which gives the following error
    > > message on starting:
    > >
    > > ASWAN_ERROR: (Error 65535(0xffff)):
    > > E_UNEXPECTED - Unexpected
    > > failure,ASD_UNCHANGED
    > >
    > > If I then click the OK button in the error window, Organizer closes.
    > >
    > > What in the world does this message mean? And what must I do in order
    > > to get Organizer to work properly?

    --
    Fred Blau
    (Remove SPAM-STOP from e-mail address)

  8. Re: Problem starting Lotus Organizer

    In <4Stwbgee45cn-pn2-t0dsWHs9NUSG@tower>, on 07/19/2007
    at 12:19 AM, "Fred Blau" said:

    Hi,

    >> How are the *.IR files in \os2\etc and \lotusw4\etc?
    >> They can get corrupted pretty fast.

    >I compared these files with those on another machine: one was missing
    >and another was different, so I copied the good ones to my laptop and
    >even rebooted, but it made no difference.

    Since you had a working setup, your problem is almost certainly SOM
    related.

    There's a document named suite15.txt in the install CD which covers the
    issue pretty well. The SOM file size should be in the range

    7-22-96 19:33 66,058 0 REXX.IR
    2-05-96 15:36 496,503 0 SOM.IR
    8-09-96 2:48 60,855 0 WPDSERV.IR
    10-02-01 17:35 274,823 0 WPSH.IR

    5-21-97 11:59 106,656 0 approach.ir
    8-06-96 21:27 5,271 0 flg.ir
    10-23-01 7:15 223,215 0 l14som.ir
    3-03-99 4:10 154,584 0 ltolso20.ir
    2-23-00 2:31 332,629 0 ltscto39.ir
    2-23-00 2:26 119,850 0 ltsomo10.ir
    2-23-00 2:41 78,578 0 ltsrxo20.ir
    6-03-97 16:00 10,020 0 organize.ir
    12-10-97 11:21 31,248 0 wpsc2.ir

    Also, check SOMIR and make sure all the named directories exist.

    Now that you have corrected some of the SOM data, it might be useful to
    rerun regrx.

    Also, are you trying to start by opening your organizer database? Is so,
    try starting organizer without a reference to the database.

    Finally, if you have done anything that might have altered the LIBPATH
    order, make sure that you are using the SOM DLLs in \os2\dll.

    Regards,

    Steven

    Steven Levine MR2/ICE 3.00 beta 07pre #10183

  9. Re: Problem starting Lotus Organizer

    Spot on per my experience Steve ..

    Steven Levine wrote:
    > In <4Stwbgee45cn-pn2-t0dsWHs9NUSG@tower>, on 07/19/2007
    > at 12:19 AM, "Fred Blau" said:
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    >>> How are the *.IR files in \os2\etc and \lotusw4\etc?
    >>> They can get corrupted pretty fast.

    >> I compared these files with those on another machine: one was missing
    >> and another was different, so I copied the good ones to my laptop and
    >> even rebooted, but it made no difference.

    > Since you had a working setup, your problem is almost certainly SOM
    > related.
    >
    > There's a document named suite15.txt in the install CD which covers the
    > issue pretty well. The SOM file size should be in the range
    >
    > 7-22-96 19:33 66,058 0 REXX.IR
    > 2-05-96 15:36 496,503 0 SOM.IR
    > 8-09-96 2:48 60,855 0 WPDSERV.IR
    > 10-02-01 17:35 274,823 0 WPSH.IR
    >
    > 5-21-97 11:59 106,656 0 approach.ir
    > 8-06-96 21:27 5,271 0 flg.ir
    > 10-23-01 7:15 223,215 0 l14som.ir
    > 3-03-99 4:10 154,584 0 ltolso20.ir
    > 2-23-00 2:31 332,629 0 ltscto39.ir
    > 2-23-00 2:26 119,850 0 ltsomo10.ir
    > 2-23-00 2:41 78,578 0 ltsrxo20.ir
    > 6-03-97 16:00 10,020 0 organize.ir
    > 12-10-97 11:21 31,248 0 wpsc2.ir
    >
    > Also, check SOMIR and make sure all the named directories exist.
    >
    > Now that you have corrected some of the SOM data, it might be useful to
    > rerun regrx.
    >
    > Also, are you trying to start by opening your organizer database? Is so,
    > try starting organizer without a reference to the database.
    >
    > Finally, if you have done anything that might have altered the LIBPATH
    > order, make sure that you are using the SOM DLLs in \os2\dll.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Steven

    Very good help advice, per my long experience at this. The reason this can get
    to be a problem, per a lot of work here, for the Lotus OS/2 tools, is that not
    only the SOM files for the Lotus specific work can get corrupted, but failures
    induced by the Lotus applications can actually corrupt the OS/2 as installed
    SOM IR files. At least in the case of the Smart Suite product this is well
    documented in the Lotus tech support forum. And .. at one time, just before
    the release of FP5 for OS/2 officially, the Lotus support team asked that the
    changes in the Smart Suite products might possibly be tested in the official
    TestCase for IBM's OS/2 there. That was never done as best I know.

    In general, if you take Theseus and look at file open records, you'd find that
    the SOM IR files were opened for WRITE by the Lotus applications at that time!
    Discussion with Will Honea and others indicated to me, that this was not at
    all good. In that the entire SOM IR files, as there and scanned at the opening
    of the OS/2 operation are, as I understand this, orchestrated into a SOM
    database and kept in that database during the entire OS/2 operation. As best
    we know, the SOM IR files have no business being opened for write access unless
    during the initial creation process during the application install or updating!

    Well, here comes the LOTUS operation and .. opens the files for WRITE access,
    of all things, during the initialization of the LOTUS opening! And .. under
    certain circumstances, because of something unknown to me, if you first start
    the LOTUS operations long after the operating system has built and is using the
    SOM database, somehow, it seems that something tries to re-write one or more of
    the SOM IR files .. and they become corrupted for that file. In general, that
    results in a truncated file usually in the LOTUS path for where they are
    stored. That file will usually be a 130-odd byte size file instead of what you
    show above. As well, the EA attribute records for this are corrupted as well!

    Worse, it doesn't have to be that the LOTUS SOM IR files are corrupted! It can
    actually result in the installed 'standard' OS/2 SOM IR files that get munged
    as well, or their EA's. That leads to, at times, even total OS/2 system
    failure during a reboot! And unless you have a way to copy the corrupt files
    back into place on that system from a third party workaround, your only
    recourse is to completely reinstall OS/2, scowl.

    We found that the 'customer has a workaround' for this was sort of simple.
    Take a clean OS/2 system, with a working LOTUS product set. Make SURE that you
    have a complete backup set of ALL the SOM IR files on the system stored so that
    you an re-copy them back to where they need to be. Then, if you do get into
    trouble here, you can get it working again this way. Boot to a command line
    prompt from your utility floppies. That way the SOM IR system is not installed
    yet and working. SImply copy the correct files back from the stored location
    to the needed locations and you'll normally get to fire up OS/2 again and go
    forward.

    To prevent this from happening in the first place, 'customer has a workaround'
    is simple too. From a fully working OS/2 clean initial boot with the installed
    LOTUS tools, the very first thing you do is simply open up, say LOTUS 123, open
    a file in it and close it. That registers and clears the interference problem
    in the SOM IR files for later use! That done, I've never seen this mess
    again, even though I guarantee you I have the needed backup files if they are
    required.

    For whatever reason, the trick that broke all this for us on a number of boxes,
    was to use a shell child instance of the LOTUS Wordpro to look at .DOC files in
    File Freedom if you chose the customize File Freedom to do that. I'd get SOM
    IR corruption if the entire LOTUS initial opening was not done first. But
    never got it if the suite was run first like that on opening OS/2.

    It is my understanding from working with the LOTUS team at this a long time ago
    that they were working at fixing this. It may be that the final fixpacks for
    LOTUS Smart Suite for OS/2 have the fixes in that. They are installed here,
    but I've never really had time to try to test this and really would rather not
    with critical boxes for obvious reasons. But for anyone here working with
    LOTUS and the SOM IR files, I post this just to try to help folks.

    I've never seen this again as long as I simply open up 123 and close it on
    initial fire up of OS/2.

  10. Re: Problem starting Lotus Organizer

    Steven,

    Thanks for all the suggestions. Unfortunately, none helped.

    On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:35:22 UTC, Steven Levine
    wrote:

    > In <4Stwbgee45cn-pn2-t0dsWHs9NUSG@tower>, on 07/19/2007
    > at 12:19 AM, "Fred Blau" said:
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > >> How are the *.IR files in \os2\etc and \lotusw4\etc?
    > >> They can get corrupted pretty fast.

    > >I compared these files with those on another machine: one was missing
    > >and another was different, so I copied the good ones to my laptop and
    > >even rebooted, but it made no difference.

    > Since you had a working setup, your problem is almost certainly SOM
    > related.
    >
    > There's a document named suite15.txt in the install CD which covers the
    > issue pretty well. The SOM file size should be in the range
    >
    > 7-22-96 19:33 66,058 0 REXX.IR
    > 2-05-96 15:36 496,503 0 SOM.IR
    > 8-09-96 2:48 60,855 0 WPDSERV.IR
    > 10-02-01 17:35 274,823 0 WPSH.IR
    >
    > 5-21-97 11:59 106,656 0 approach.ir
    > 8-06-96 21:27 5,271 0 flg.ir
    > 10-23-01 7:15 223,215 0 l14som.ir
    > 3-03-99 4:10 154,584 0 ltolso20.ir
    > 2-23-00 2:31 332,629 0 ltscto39.ir
    > 2-23-00 2:26 119,850 0 ltsomo10.ir
    > 2-23-00 2:41 78,578 0 ltsrxo20.ir
    > 6-03-97 16:00 10,020 0 organize.ir
    > 12-10-97 11:21 31,248 0 wpsc2.ir

    Yes, I have all of these.

    > Also, check SOMIR and make sure all the named directories exist.

    I checked. They all exist.

    > Now that you have corrected some of the SOM data, it might be useful to
    > rerun regrx.

    I ran regrx. Nothing changed.

    > Also, are you trying to start by opening your organizer database? Is so,
    > try starting organizer without a reference to the database.

    Database? If you mean the data file, almanac.or4 in my case, I
    see no way of changing the way organizer opens except from within
    the program. And I can't get to that point in the program because
    of this error.

    > Finally, if you have done anything that might have altered the LIBPATH
    > order, make sure that you are using the SOM DLLs in \os2\dll.

    The only thing I did to the LIBPATH was to put all the Lotus
    directories at the end of the path. c:\os2\dll comes early in the
    LIBPATH, and it contains 9 files named SOM*.DLL all dated 6-30-99
    at 4:34pm.

    --
    Fred Blau
    (Remove SPAM-STOP from e-mail address)

  11. Re: Problem starting Lotus Organizer

    Correction to my original post (below):

    I was wrong about the other programs in the suite, as 1-2-3
    (version 1.6) also fails, giving the error message:

    Error occurred initializing OLE
    Try restarting operating system. If the error persists, reinstall
    Lotus 1-2-3.

    When I click the OK button, the error message loses focus for a
    fraction of a second, then regains it. Only a reboot gets me out
    of this loop.

    wrote:

    > I just installed Lotus Smartsuite v1.6 for OS/2 on my laptop. All
    > programs run except for Organizer, which gives the following error
    > message on starting:
    >
    > ASWAN_ERROR: (Error 65535(0xffff)):
    > E_UNEXPECTED - Unexpected
    > failure,ASD_UNCHANGED
    >
    > If I then click the OK button in the error window, Organizer closes.
    >
    > What in the world does this message mean? And what must I do in order
    > to get Organizer to work properly?

    --
    Fred Blau
    (Remove SPAM-STOP from e-mail address)

  12. Re: Problem starting Lotus Organizer

    In , on 07/19/07
    at 04:38 PM, Mike Luther said:

    >To prevent this from happening in the first place, 'customer has a
    >workaround' is simple too. From a fully working OS/2 clean initial boot
    >with the installed LOTUS tools, the very first thing you do is simply
    >open up, say LOTUS 123, open a file in it and close it. That registers
    >and clears the interference problem in the SOM IR files for later use!
    >That done, I've never seen this mess again, even though I guarantee you
    >I have the needed backup files if they are required.

    Can you make those files available? I hav a zip of .ir files, but I'm not
    sure if I zipped all of them.

    Thanks,

    Alan

    Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.21

  13. Re: Problem starting Lotus Organizer

    Hi Alan ...

    nobody@junk.min.net wrote:

    > In , on 07/19/07
    > at 04:38 PM, Mike Luther said:
    >
    >> To prevent this from happening in the first place, 'customer has a
    >> workaround' is simple too. From a fully working OS/2 clean initial boot
    >> with the installed LOTUS tools, the very first thing you do is simply
    >> open up, say LOTUS 123, open a file in it and close it. That registers
    >> and clears the interference problem in the SOM IR files for later use!
    >> That done, I've never seen this mess again, even though I guarantee you
    >> I have the needed backup files if they are required.

    > Can you make those files available? I hav a zip of .ir files, but I'm not
    > sure if I zipped all of them.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >

    > Alan

    I've never ever tried to take the files from some other installation and then
    use them in another machine. The developer(s) would know if something in the
    files is different even between installs and not even versions, based on
    settings in the install operation. But I sure don't. And since I already know
    that errors in these files can actually result in re-install of either the
    program(s) that use them as well as even OS/2 from past unhappiness, I'd think
    this is a very potentially hazardous approach. The first likely guess at if
    this might be useful would be to look at the size and date data for what I show
    on one machine .. then compare it to what others here might see;

    For Lotus Smart Suite with the latest official last fixes installed and from
    the \lotusw4\etc directory:

    5-21-97 11:59a 106656 0 approach.ir
    8-06-96 9:27p 5271 0 flg.ir
    10-23-01 7:15a 223215 0 l14som.ir
    3-03-99 4:10a 154584 0 ltolso20.ir
    2-23-00 2:31a 332629 0 ltscto39.ir
    2-23-00 2:26a 119850 0 ltsomo10.ir
    2-23-00 2:41a 78578 0 ltsrxo20.ir
    6-03-97 4:00p 10020 0 organize.ir
    12-10-97 11:21a 31248 0 wpsc2.ir

    From the \os2\etc directory:

    12-10-06 8:28p 0 .
    12-10-06 8:28p 0 ..
    9-03-98 4:33a 0 DSOM
    9-06-00 12:42p 66058 0 REXX.IR
    6-30-99 4:28p 496503 0 SOM.IR
    10-02-01 5:44p 60855 0 WPDSERV.IR
    10-02-01 5:35p 274823 0 WPSH.IR

    Notice I left the \dsom directory in the citation and in it. I did that for a
    reason for the discussion here. In it on this machine now are the following
    files:

    8-01-07 3:52a 6384 0 SOMDCLS.DAT
    8-01-07 3:52a 6844 0 SOMDCLS.TOC
    8-01-07 3:52a 1012 0 SOMDIMPL.DAT
    8-01-07 3:52a 60 0 SOMDIMPL.TOC

    See those current today's date and time? Those are at least part what I was
    told were the SOM IR files data which are coordinated with the OS/2 operating
    system during use of it. And that date/time run packaging is with Lotus Smart
    Suite for OS/2's simple open of 123 and then a single 123 spreadsheet in the
    application, then simply closing the spreadsheet file. That is how these files
    wound up with the current date and time, for example to show you here.

    There are other applications on the other boxes which see different packaging
    for files like this. For example, on boxes which have the Watcom /C++ compiler
    installed, you'll find the SOM IR files needed for that tool set installed
    there in the proper location for that tool set. The box I am posting this from
    does not have the Watcom tool set on it.

    The important issue here which focuses my thoughts, that trying to use third
    party SOM IR files for a generic solution to solving a corruption problem as a
    real worse problem, is that I've, as noted, watched the previous to the last
    official fix pack version for SS for OS/2 trash even the SOM IR files in the
    Watcom C/C++ group as well as those even in the os2\etc directory in this
    madness! OH, and what about OS/2 EA coordination for these? Does that matter?

    I have no personal expertise in SOM IR programming capability, never have tried
    to use it. I do have the documentation and desktop plus application
    relationship references in my handbooks, plus pointers from Bill Hartzell, Will
    Honea and some of the IBM crew in reaching the 'customer has a workaround'
    position that was posted.

    The system level here that produced the above information is MCP/2 Fix Pack 5
    level and Lotus Smart Suite last two official fix packs installed.

    Please note. Just because a file even has the same date/time and the same size
    as a file I show here does *NOT* mean that the content of that file internally
    is the same as those same date/time and size in some other OS/2 system! As
    I've noted before, one of the bad things that is prevelent all through the fix
    pack and OS/2 product distribution venue is that fix files which come through
    HTTP do not necessarily have the same data and time anywhere! As well, the
    only way to really know they are the same is some way of comparing them byte by
    byte or with CRC or a check sum system.

    And even if one byte is different, by design or corruption, this type of data
    enablement in any operating system could cause severe problems if just copied
    between different boxes, I'd think!

    Someone else's thoughts as well here?

    --

    --> Sleep well; OS2's still awake!