USB print driver - what's the status? - OS2

This is a discussion on USB print driver - what's the status? - OS2 ; Hello, The last usbprint update is dated 2005-10-07. Is this a usable version? -- jmm (hyphen) list (at) sohnen-moe (dot) com (Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)...

  1. USB print driver - what's the status?

    Hello,
    The last usbprint update is dated 2005-10-07. Is this a usable version?

    (Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)

  2. Re: USB print driver - what's the status?

    On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 18:43:25 UTC, Jim Moe
    wrote:

    -> Hello,
    -> The last usbprint update is dated 2005-10-07. Is this a usable version?
    ->

    The usbprt.sys in eCS 2.0 RC1 is dated as 2005-5-26 (Version: 10.157)
    and works fine. The main problem for me is finding a usable printer
    driver for a currently available printer. I'm still using my old
    Epson Photo 820 wit hthe EPOMNI3 driver. For general printing I'm
    using a Xerox Phaser 8500N(PCL5 and Postscript) over a network
    connection, but if my Epson dies I'm not sure of what if any photo
    quality printers are supported. I'm not sure what the capabilities of
    the eCups driver are in that regard.

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.os2voice.org
    Warpstock 2006, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, Oct 12-15, 2006 -
    http://www.warpstock.org

  3. Re: USB print driver - what's the status?

    Mark Dodel wrote:
    > On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 18:43:25 UTC, Jim Moe
    > wrote:
    >
    > -> Hello,
    > -> The last usbprint update is dated 2005-10-07. Is this a usable version?
    > ->
    >
    > The usbprt.sys in eCS 2.0 RC1 is dated as 2005-5-26 (Version: 10.157)
    > and works fine. The main problem for me is finding a usable printer
    > driver for a currently available printer. I'm still using my old
    > Epson Photo 820 wit hthe EPOMNI3 driver. For general printing I'm
    > using a Xerox Phaser 8500N(PCL5 and Postscript) over a network
    > connection, but if my Epson dies I'm not sure of what if any photo
    > quality printers are supported. I'm not sure what the capabilities of
    > the eCups driver are in that regard.
    >
    > Mark

    It lists my Epson Stylus PHOTO R340 as supported but I have been ill and
    haven't tried it yet.

    Ted

+ Reply to Thread