CW's Generic Installer - OS2

This is a discussion on CW's Generic Installer - OS2 ; How do I deinstall CW's Generic Installer cwinst? It is registered in my OS2.INI but I can't find anything of that name that looks like an executable, let alone a deinstaller fot it....

  1. CW's Generic Installer

    How do I deinstall CW's Generic Installer cwinst?

    It is registered in my OS2.INI but I can't find anything of that name that looks
    like an executable, let alone a deinstaller fot it.

  2. Re: CW's Generic Installer

    johnsuth@nospam.com.au wrote:
    > How do I deinstall CW's Generic Installer cwinst?
    >
    > It is registered in my OS2.INI but I can't find anything of that name that looks
    > like an executable, let alone a deinstaller fot it.

    It creates wps classes for folders for the apps that it installs and a
    folder for itself but I don't think it registers itself as a wps class.
    The executable is 'install.exe' and it keeps a database of the apps
    that it installs in x:\apps or something like that. Anyway, to delete
    it, just delete the 'genericinstaller' folder and the x:\apps directory
    and the profile key.

    --
    Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
    and Sea Monkey 1.5a

  3. Re: CW's Generic Installer

    On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 03:00:36 GMT, johnsuth@nospam.com.au wrote:

    :>
    :>How do I deinstall CW's Generic Installer cwinst?
    :>
    :>It is registered in my OS2.INI but I can't find anything of that name that looks
    :>like an executable, let alone a deinstaller fot it.

    I think it isn't an .exe file, but a wps class implemented as dll. In my
    system I see in a directory "install" a file called genin013.dll. That also
    contains repclass.exe and cwinst.in_ . Further, I have a directory "instdata"
    that contains *.uin files for each installed item by the looks of it.

    Mat Nieuwenhoven

+ Reply to Thread