How to add USB Scanner - OS2

This is a discussion on How to add USB Scanner - OS2 ; I have OS/2 4.52 with the last of the free drivers, PM View2000. I have a Canon USB LIDE 35 scanner. What do I need to do to get it going? I have an IBM 6578-TBU Pentium III, 512Ram, two ...

  1. How to add USB Scanner

    I have OS/2 4.52 with the last of the free drivers, PM View2000. I
    have a Canon USB LIDE 35 scanner. What do I need to do to get it
    going? I have an IBM 6578-TBU Pentium III, 512Ram, two USB ports.
    Thanks
    --
    "What do you mean there's no movie?"

  2. Re: How to add USB Scanner

    On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 21:36:21 UTC, "Count Floyd"
    wrote:

    -> I have OS/2 4.52 with the last of the free drivers, PM View2000. I
    -> have a Canon USB LIDE 35 scanner. What do I need to do to get it
    -> going? I have an IBM 6578-TBU Pentium III, 512Ram, two USB ports.
    -> Thanks

    Does USB work, say with a USB key drive or some other USB device? A
    lot of people had problems with the last free drivers.

    For scanner support the only potential solution is Paul Smedley's port
    of TAME which is a front end for the SANE scanner driver. Go to
    Paul's site http://smedley.info/os2ports/ and click on TAME. The
    Canon LiDE35 is listed as known to be working. I use Tame with both
    an Epson Photo2400 and an HP 7490C, but on eCS 2.0 with the latest USB
    drivers.

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.os2voice.org
    Warpstock 2006, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, Oct 12-15, 2006 -
    http://www.warpstock.org

+ Reply to Thread