Optimal Settings for RSJ CD-Writer - OS2

This is a discussion on Optimal Settings for RSJ CD-Writer - OS2 ; I have the version 6.0 and would like to know what others have as their optimal settings so that the thing works! Cache, ram, speed, etc. would be appreciated. I have the Dani drivers and am running MCP 4.52 with ...

  1. Optimal Settings for RSJ CD-Writer

    I have the version 6.0 and would like to know what others have as
    their optimal settings so that the thing works! Cache, ram, speed,
    etc. would be appreciated. I have the Dani drivers and am running MCP
    4.52 with HPFS386. I have a Yamaha CRW-F1E.
    --
    "What do you mean there's no movie?"

  2. Re: Optimal Settings for RSJ CD-Writer

    In , on 01/19/2007
    at 11:06 PM, "Count Floyd"
    said:

    >I have the version 6.0 and would like to know what others have as their
    >optimal settings so that the thing works! Cache, ram, speed, etc. would
    >be appreciated. I have the Dani drivers and am running MCP 4.52 with
    >HPFS386. I have a Yamaha CRW-F1E.

    --

    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny.

    Copy and paste bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination.

    * Alan Townsend Sechelt, BC Canada
    *
    * E-Mail: altownsend@dccnet.com
    * Home Page:
    * Tel: (604) 885-0943
    *
    * Mr2 Ice: Reg #582

  3. Re: Optimal Settings for RSJ CD-Writer

    Fri Jan 19 2007 10:40 pm

    Oooppps cat hit the send button

    Drive letters are the same as LVM for read only

    To write you still need to attach the drive
    IE: CD for read are S,T, and U when you attach the CD for write purpose
    you start at Z and work backwords

    From my config.sys:
    REM
    REM BASEDEV=IBMIDECD.FLT
    REM
    REM *** RSJ CD-Writer File System ***
    REM
    REM RSJ 6.0
    REM
    BASEDEV=OS2ASPI.DMD /ALL
    IFS=D:\CDWFS\CDWFS.IFS
    RUN=D:\CDWFS\CDWFSD.EXE -p "D:/LOTUSW4/TEMP" -c20000 -b2048 -t2 -i3 -s0
    REM BASEDEV=LOCKCDR.FLT *** Not needed ***
    REM DEVICE=D:\CDWFS\RSJSCSI.SYS *** Not needed ***

    other stuff:
    REM BASEDEV=IBM2FLPY.ADD
    REM
    REM Dani's driver
    REM from instalation
    BASEDEV=DANIS506.ADD
    REM
    REM BASEDEV=I2OXPORT.SYS
    REM BASEDEV=I2OSOSM.ADD
    BASEDEV=OS2DASD.DMD
    BASEDEV=OS2LVM.DMD

    Regards Al

    In , on 01/19/2007
    at 11:06 PM, "Count Floyd"
    said:

    >I have the version 6.0 and would like to know what others have as their
    >optimal settings so that the thing works! Cache, ram, speed, etc. would
    >be appreciated. I have the Dani drivers and am running MCP 4.52 with
    >HPFS386. I have a Yamaha CRW-F1E.

    --

    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny.
    (")_(")

    Copy and paste bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination.

    * Alan Townsend Sechelt, BC Canada
    *
    * E-Mail: altownsend@dccnet.com
    * Home Page:
    * Tel: (604) 885-0943
    *
    * Mr2 Ice: Reg #582

  4. Re: Optimal Settings for RSJ CD-Writer

    On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 05:06:43 UTC, "Count Floyd"
    wrote:

    > I have the version 6.0 and would like to know what others have as
    > their optimal settings so that the thing works! Cache, ram, speed,
    > etc. would be appreciated. I have the Dani drivers and am running MCP
    > 4.52 with HPFS386. I have a Yamaha CRW-F1E.

    Set speed to 'max and it'll use whatever the media has as max. Set RAM
    cache nice and big - I use 16384. Disk cache - the bigger the better - I
    use 100000. Note that, for the disk cache:

    1) This is used to collect small files together for writing. Files
    larger than this are written direct (which is fine).
    2) A disk cache set to N will use up to 4N space. This is because up to
    four cache files can be created.

    If using CDCOPY (which is the usual method having attached a drive),
    files too big for cache are written first. While that's happening, one
    cache file is filled with smaller files, then the next, then the next...
    When large files have gone, the first cache file is emptied onto the CD.
    Then the next, while the first is filled again, etc...

+ Reply to Thread