RSJ 3.06/Source cannot read fast enough - OS2

This is a discussion on RSJ 3.06/Source cannot read fast enough - OS2 ; I have this installed with a Yamaha recorder. I have tried to copy disks at 1x and 2x speeds, it does one track then kicks out an error log saying that the source cannot read fast enough. I have a ...

  1. RSJ 3.06/Source cannot read fast enough

    I have this installed with a Yamaha recorder. I have tried to copy
    disks at 1x and 2x speeds, it does one track then kicks out an error
    log saying that the source cannot read fast enough. I have a Lite-on
    48x CD-ROM drive and I do not know how it can be reading slow? Does
    anyone know how to fix this?
    --
    "What do you mean there's no movie?"

  2. Re: RSJ 3.06/Source cannot read fast enough

    In , on 01/11/2007
    at 03:33 PM, "Count Floyd"
    said:

    >I have this installed with a Yamaha recorder. I have tried to copy
    >disks at 1x and 2x speeds, it does one track then kicks out an error log
    >saying that the source cannot read fast enough. I have a Lite-on 48x
    >CD-ROM drive and I do not know how it can be reading slow? Does anyone
    >know how to fix this?

    Has it works before with this recorder, or is it a new one? Check the RSJ
    website to see what they say about the Yamaha.

    I had a similar problem with a DVD recorder that simply would not make a
    readable disk 9 times out of 10. I bought a new recorder and it all works
    fine; same machine, same everything by the drive.

    You can also try another batch of Cds. I've had some that were just junk
    on a given machine.

  3. Re: RSJ 3.06/Source cannot read fast enough

    On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 21:33:18 UTC, "Count Floyd"
    wrote:

    > I have this installed with a Yamaha recorder. I have tried to copy
    > disks at 1x and 2x speeds, it does one track then kicks out an error
    > log saying that the source cannot read fast enough. I have a Lite-on
    > 48x CD-ROM drive and I do not know how it can be reading slow? Does
    > anyone know how to fix this?

    Maybe cache size is too small. I have RSJ 5.53 and NEC DVD_RW ND-3520A.
    Lot of that kind and other error messages. Now my RAM cache is 8192 kB
    and it works well.

    --
    Hessu

  4. Re: RSJ 3.06/Source cannot read fast enough

    On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 21:33:18 UTC in comp.os.os2.apps, "Count Floyd"
    wrote:

    > I have this installed with a Yamaha recorder. I have tried to copy
    > disks at 1x and 2x speeds, it does one track then kicks out an error
    > log saying that the source cannot read fast enough. I have a Lite-on
    > 48x CD-ROM drive and I do not know how it can be reading slow? Does
    > anyone know how to fix this?

    It's almost always safest to copy the CD to a hard disk before trying to burn it
    to a new one. I don't have RSJ so have no idea if it has this functionality nor
    how you invoke it if so... Reading from CD media can be slow sometimes
    especially with damaged CDs - and even the tiniest little scratch can make that
    hiccup.

    --
    Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK
    Trevor dot Hemsley at ntlworld dot com