Clipsave - OS2

This is a discussion on Clipsave - OS2 ; I love Clipsave/2 (dhcr_200.zip on Hobbes) and use it constantly. Now I wish I could find a windows version for my laptop. Does anybody know the whereabouts of the author, Don Hawkinson? Jim L via the eCS 1.2r version of ...

  1. Clipsave

    I love Clipsave/2 (dhcr_200.zip on Hobbes) and use it constantly. Now I
    wish I could find a windows version for my laptop. Does anybody know
    the whereabouts of the author, Don Hawkinson?

    Jim L via the eCS 1.2r version of OS/2

    --
    How many years of Shia blood will suffice for revenging Sadam's hanging?

  2. Re: Clipsave

    On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 07:55:38 -0500, unclepeteDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:

    >I love Clipsave/2 (dhcr_200.zip on Hobbes) and use it constantly. Now I
    >wish I could find a windows version for my laptop. Does anybody know
    >the whereabouts of the author, Don Hawkinson?

    No idea - but I doubt there is. I looked at doing it for ClipView - but the
    Win clipboard is different from the OS/2 one, although a lot of Win* API calls
    are the same these are not. You would either need two independent source trees
    or one with a zillion ifdefs :-)

    As ever, Google is your friend.

    --

    Regards

    Dave Saville

  3. Re: Clipsave

    "Dave Saville" said:

    > I looked at doing it for ClipView - but the
    >Win clipboard is different from the OS/2 one, although a lot of Win*
    >API calls are the same these are not. You would either need two
    >independent source trees or one with a zillion ifdefs :-)

    I've never programmed for windows, but it doesn't look all that
    complicated. It would seem it would essentially amount to opening a
    text file, appending the date, triggering the paste mechanism to also
    append and closing the file. An over simplification, no doubt. Maybe I
    should try a DOS version in PowerBASIC.

    Jim L via the eCS 1.2r version of OS/2

    --
    How many years of Shia blood will suffice for revenging Sadam's hanging?

+ Reply to Thread