OS2 Templates - OS2

This is a discussion on OS2 Templates - OS2 ; Something has happened in this past year. My OS2System/Templates folder is full of folders, I mean thousands. It seems every original folder is duplicated hundreds of times. I took the opportunity and time to delete all but the original folders ...

  1. OS2 Templates

    Something has happened in this past year. My OS2System/Templates
    folder is full of folders, I mean thousands. It seems every original
    folder is duplicated hundreds of times.
    I took the opportunity and time to delete all but the original folders
    about a week ago, but they are all back there again today. All the
    copies are shadows but If I drag one to the desptop, it is no longer a
    shadow.

    What is causing this and what can I do to prevent it?

    I am running Warp 4.51 and am using Xworkplace 1-0-2.
    Willard
    --

  2. Re: OS2 Templates

    On 3 Gen, 01:48, "A. Willard Reese" wrote:
    > Something has happened in this past year. My OS2System/Templates
    > folder is full of folders, I mean thousands. It seems every original
    > folder is duplicated hundreds of times.
    > I took the opportunity and time to delete all but the original folders
    > about a week ago, but they are all back there again today. All the
    > copies are shadows but If I drag one to the desptop, it is no longer a
    > shadow.
    >
    > What is causing this and what can I do to prevent it?
    >
    > I am running Warp 4.51 and am using Xworkplace 1-0-2.
    > Willard

    I don't know why, but seems to have somthing to do with multiple class
    registrations.

    My solution is to move all duplicates into another folder (you may have
    to uncheck the "template" option in the Properties notebook of the
    template), then delete all the folder you moved them into.

    It might be necessary to deregister some classes; use Class manager or
    something similar, but pay attention not to delete something vital.

    IIRC there are other solutions; I don't remember which ones, though.

    Mentore

  3. Re: OS2 Templates

    On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 00:48:16 GMT, A. Willard Reese wrote:
    > Something has happened in this past year. My OS2System/Templates
    > folder is full of folders, I mean thousands. It seems every original
    > folder is duplicated hundreds of times.
    > I took the opportunity and time to delete all but the original folders
    > about a week ago, but they are all back there again today. All the
    > copies are shadows but If I drag one to the desptop, it is no longer a
    > shadow.
    >
    > What is causing this and what can I do to prevent it?

    ISTR you have to also delete the templates section (whatever it's called)
    from OS2.INI, otherwise it will recreate them all next time you reboot.

    --
    Alex Taylor
    http://www.cs-club.org/~alex

    Remove hat to reply (reply-to address).

  4. Re: OS2 Templates

    On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 15:17:02 UTC, Alex Taylor
    opined:
    > On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 00:48:16 GMT, A. Willard Reese wrote:
    > > Something has happened in this past year. My OS2System/Templates
    > > folder is full of folders, I mean thousands. It seems every original
    > > folder is duplicated hundreds of times.
    > > I took the opportunity and time to delete all but the original folders
    > > about a week ago, but they are all back there again today. All the
    > > copies are shadows but If I drag one to the desptop, it is no longer a
    > > shadow.
    > >
    > > What is causing this and what can I do to prevent it?

    > ISTR you have to also delete the templates section (whatever it's called)
    > from OS2.INI, otherwise it will recreate them all next time you reboot.

    So probably you could just run CHECKINI immediately after deleting the
    duplicates. No?

  5. Re: OS2 Templates

    On 3 Gen, 16:17, Alex Taylor wrote:
    > On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 00:48:16 GMT, A. Willard Reese wrote:
    >
    > > Something has happened in this past year. My OS2System/Templates
    > > folder is full of folders, I mean thousands. It seems every original
    > > folder is duplicated hundreds of times.
    > > I took the opportunity and time to delete all but the original folders
    > > about a week ago, but they are all back there again today. All the
    > > copies are shadows but If I drag one to the desptop, it is no longer a
    > > shadow.

    > > What is causing this and what can I do to prevent it?

    > ISTR you have to also delete the templates section (whatever it's called)
    > from OS2.INI, otherwise it will recreate them all next time you reboot.

    Hm. I wouldn't do this. The last time I played with PM_Templates in
    OS2.INI the whole WPS went into garbage. Lost almost *all*, even with
    the system working correctly.

    Maybe I broke OS2.INI, even though I payed much attention, so I don't
    recommend messing with it.

    Mentore

+ Reply to Thread