Camera Software - OS2

This is a discussion on Camera Software - OS2 ; After taking pictures at a Christmas eve party, and in front of the tree on Christmas morning, my wife and daughter asked me if I could download the pictures to the PC. I've been using FotoGet on this PC for ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

  1. Camera Software

    After taking pictures at a Christmas eve party, and in front of the tree
    on Christmas morning, my wife and daughter asked me if I could download
    the pictures to the PC. I've been using FotoGet on this PC for awhile;
    my technique has been to remove the Compact Flash memory card and insert
    it into a PNY Technologies card reader.

    I have a newer PC (newer, faster, more USB ports, etc.), and thought,
    "Why not try things over there?" So I downloaded the latest FotoGet, as
    well as the latest Cameraderie, installed them, and tried to read the
    pictures from my Canon Power Shot S200 using the USB connection.
    Result? Nothing doing. Neither program recognized a "drive" or
    "camera" it could use.

    I then used my card reader and gave FotoGet another try. As expected, I
    could read the pictures just fine.

    Just for fun, I tried Cameraderie using the card reader, and it still
    said "No cameras found".

    I cannot find anything in my Canon camera documentation that tells me
    whether the camera uses the PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol) that
    Cameraderie documentation mentions.

    FotoGet documentation only says that the camera's memory device must be
    formatted Fat, Fat32, or VFat. So I don't know whether to expect that I
    can use the USB connected camera with FotoGet.

    Does anyone know whether I ought to be able to connect the camera via
    USB, and have it work with either program?
    =====
    My daughter's camera is a Gateway model. It uses a Secure Digital card,
    and I don't have a card reader that handles that type of card. Her USB
    connection is a "mini" type, and she doesn't have the cable with her, so
    I'm stuck on trying out her camera until Wednesday or Thursday.

  2. Re: Camera Software

    In , on 12/26/2006
    at 03:18 PM, Bob Stan said:

    Not so, I use eCS 1.13 and only have USB 1.x

    True you have to set the camera to "View Mode"

    there is a delay while USB detects the camera which is a Canon Power Shot
    A530

    Regards Al

    --
    ***************************
    *

  3. Re: Camera Software

    Colin Campbell wrote:
    > well as the latest Cameraderie, installed them, and tried to read the
    > pictures from my Canon Power Shot S200 using the USB connection.

    I have Cameraderie 1.1 on my T-Pad T23 under eCS 1.2R. The exe is
    camera.exe 80,280 06-11-02 1:10:00. It works fine with my Canon S3 IS.
    Version 1.0 took quite a while to connect. 1.1 is much better. The
    drill I use is: With the camera powered off, I connect it to a USB
    port, wait several secondes then start Cameraderie. This seems to work
    well.

    What version of the OS are you using? With 1.2R, my no name "Card
    Reader/writer" will auto connect to my system. I connect the reader to
    USB then plug in the card. After 35 seconds, the system announces that
    a drive has been connected and it gives the drive letter.

    Are you confident that you are being sufficiently patient with the system?

    Ted

  4. Re: Camera Software

    Bob Stan wrote:
    > I have a Canon PowerShot 710 that works fine with Cameraderie. You must
    > absolutely use a USB 2.0 port. The Canon will not recognize a 1.0 USB
    > Port. I am sure you have done this, but just in case, you must also
    > switch the camera to "view" mode.

    With my Canon S3 IS neither is the case. My T-Pad T23 has USB 1.1 and I
    connect with the camera powered off or in view mode. Both work.
    (Camaraderie 1.1 under eCS 1.2R.)

    Ted

  5. Re: Camera Software

    On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 19:53:35 UTC, Colin Campbell wrote:

    > Just for fun, I tried Cameraderie using the card reader, and it still
    > said "No cameras found".
    >
    > I cannot find anything in my Canon camera documentation that tells me
    > whether the camera uses the PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol) that
    > Cameraderie documentation mentions.

    I think you should look at the Cameraderie README to take a debug log.
    Depending on what it says there, it can then be determined (at least by
    Rich) if your camera really supports PTP or not or what else could be
    the problem.
    --
    Greetings, | My From: address is valid as is the version without "spam"
    Peter. | I try to find real messages among the spam once a week

  6. Re: Camera Software

    Ted Edwards wrote:
    > Bob Stan wrote:
    >> I have a Canon PowerShot 710 that works fine with Cameraderie. You
    >> must absolutely use a USB 2.0 port. The Canon will not recognize a
    >> 1.0 USB Port. I am sure you have done this, but just in case, you
    >> must also switch the camera to "view" mode.

    > With my Canon S3 IS neither is the case. My T-Pad T23 has USB 1.1 and I
    > connect with the camera powered off or in view mode. Both work.
    > (Camaraderie 1.1 under eCS 1.2R.)
    >
    > Ted

    I believe that the Canon 710 (maybe unique to this particular model)
    requires USB 2.0

  7. Re: Camera Software

    Le mar, 26 déc 2006 20:18:52 UTC, Bob Stan a
    écrit:

    > I have a Canon PowerShot 710 that works fine with Cameraderie. You must
    > absolutely use a USB 2.0 port. The Canon will not recognize a 1.0 USB
    > Port. I am sure you have done this, but just in case, you must also
    > switch the camera to "view" mode.

    After setting up my camera (Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC80) to use PTP, I
    plugged it in my USB port. As soon as I started the program, a "trap
    000d" with an exception in module USBOHCD popped up. By using the
    "mass storage" option of my camera, I have no problem getting the
    pictures off it but not with Cameraderie (v1.1).

    --
    Salut,

    Michel (sur eComStation 1.2 / Warp 4.52)
    ICQ #13376913
    http://pages.infinit.net/exovede

  8. Re: Camera Software

    On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 19:53:35 UTC, Colin Campbell wrote:

    > I downloaded the latest FotoGet, as well as the latest Cameraderie,
    > installed them, and tried to read the pictures from my Canon Power
    > Shot S200 using the USB connection. Result? Nothing doing. Neither
    > program recognized a "drive" or "camera" it could use.
    > [snip]
    > Does anyone know whether I ought to be able to connect the camera
    > via USB, and have it work with either program?

    After searching the Canon site, seeing what cameras ghoto2 supports,
    and examining the entrails of a freshly slaughtered chicken, I'd have
    to say that the answer to your question is "No" for both apps.

    Older Canons like yours (ca. 2002), use a proprietary protocol that
    requires some sort of TWAIN driver. Newer Canons (roughly 2004 or
    later) use PTP and are compatible with Cameraderie (the newer, the
    more compatible). I don't think Canon ever went the mass-storage
    device route.

    Your best bet for direct downloads from your S200 is gphoto2:
    http://froloff.homeip.net/zips/gphoto2-2.2.0-os2.zip

    This is a port of a Linux commandline program that supports proprietary
    protocols very well. It also supports PTP, but -what can I say- I'm
    not fond of it. However, I do find its "--list-cameras" command useful:
    for Canons (at least), if it doesn't say "(PTP mode)" next to an entry
    then Cameraderie & PTPro (my own commandline app) won't work with that
    model.

    --
    == == almost usable email address: rich AT e-vertise.com == ==

    | New! Cameraderie v1.1
    Rich Walsh | an organizer & downloader for your PTP camera
    Ft Myers, FL | http://e-vertise.com/misc/camera11.zip

  9. Re: Camera Software

    On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 22:34:05 UTC, "Michel A Goyette" wrote:
    > Le mar, 26 déc 2006 20:18:52 UTC, Bob Stan a écrit:
    >
    > > I have a Canon PowerShot 710 that works fine with Cameraderie. You must
    > > absolutely use a USB 2.0 port. The Canon will not recognize a 1.0 USB
    > > Port. I am sure you have done this, but just in case, you must also
    > > switch the camera to "view" mode.

    > After setting up my camera (Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC80) to use PTP, I
    > plugged it in my USB port. As soon as I started the program, a "trap
    > 000d" with an exception in module USBOHCD popped up. By using the
    > "mass storage" option of my camera, I have no problem getting the
    > pictures off it but not with Cameraderie (v1.1).

    An application is pretty far removed from the BASEDEVICE driver that
    runs the hardware. In this case:

    camera.exe -> usbcalls.dll -> usbresmg.sys -> usbd.sys -> usbohcd.sys

    At least one user reported that he needed the last version of IBM's
    USB drivers (v10.158) to get things working properly. I suspect that
    may be the case here.

    Although it's probably not applicable here, a common source of problems
    is using older or mismatched versions of usbresmg.sys and usbcalls.dll.
    I included these files with Cameraderie but any pair from July, 2006
    or later should work. However, you must use a *matched* set. If you
    use eCS, replace the copy of usbcalls.dll in \ecs\dll with the newer
    version.

    --
    == == almost usable email address: rich AT e-vertise.com == ==

    | New! Cameraderie v1.1
    Rich Walsh | an organizer & downloader for your PTP camera
    Ft Myers, FL | http://e-vertise.com/misc/camera11.zip

  10. Re: Camera Software

    Bonjour Rich,

    Thanks for answering.

    Le jeu, 28 déc 2006 06:19:00 UTC, "Rich Walsh"
    a écrit:

    > On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 22:34:05 UTC, "Michel A Goyette" wrote:
    > > Le mar, 26 déc 2006 20:18:52 UTC, Bob Stan a écrit:
    > >
    > > > I have a Canon PowerShot 710 that works fine with Cameraderie. You must
    > > > absolutely use a USB 2.0 port. The Canon will not recognize a 1.0 USB
    > > > Port. I am sure you have done this, but just in case, you must also
    > > > switch the camera to "view" mode.

    > > After setting up my camera (Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC80) to use PTP, I
    > > plugged it in my USB port. As soon as I started the program, a "trap
    > > 000d" with an exception in module USBOHCD popped up. By using the
    > > "mass storage" option of my camera, I have no problem getting the
    > > pictures off it but not with Cameraderie (v1.1).

    > An application is pretty far removed from the BASEDEVICE driver that
    > runs the hardware. In this case:
    >
    > camera.exe -> usbcalls.dll -> usbresmg.sys -> usbd.sys -> usbohcd.sys
    >
    > At least one user reported that he needed the last version of IBM's
    > USB drivers (v10.158) to get things working properly. I suspect that
    > may be the case here.
    >
    > Although it's probably not applicable here, a common source of problems
    > is using older or mismatched versions of usbresmg.sys and usbcalls.dll.
    > I included these files with Cameraderie but any pair from July, 2006
    > or later should work. However, you must use a *matched* set. If you
    > use eCS, replace the copy of usbcalls.dll in \ecs\dll with the newer
    > version.

    I think I have the good pair. I replace the call to point to your
    version of usbresmg.sys and I didn't have usbcalls.dll in another
    place than the program directory. But you might be right about the
    usbd.sys and usbohcd.sys. I'll check on the eCS site about an update
    for those.

    --
    Salut,

    Michel (sur eComStation 1.2 / Warp 4.52)
    ICQ #13376913
    http://pages.infinit.net/exovede

  11. Re: Camera Software

    Le jeu, 28 déc 2006 15:25:15 UTC, "Michel A Goyette"
    a écrit:

    > Le jeu, 28 déc 2006 06:19:00 UTC, "Rich Walsh"
    > a écrit:

    > > > After setting up my camera (Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC80) to use PTP, I
    > > > plugged it in my USB port. As soon as I started the program, a "trap
    > > > 000d" with an exception in module USBOHCD popped up. By using the
    > > > "mass storage" option of my camera, I have no problem getting the
    > > > pictures off it but not with Cameraderie (v1.1).

    > > An application is pretty far removed from the BASEDEVICE driver that
    > > runs the hardware. In this case:
    > >
    > > camera.exe -> usbcalls.dll -> usbresmg.sys -> usbd.sys -> usbohcd.sys
    > >
    > > At least one user reported that he needed the last version of IBM's
    > > USB drivers (v10.158) to get things working properly. I suspect that
    > > may be the case here.
    > >
    > > Although it's probably not applicable here, a common source of problems
    > > is using older or mismatched versions of usbresmg.sys and usbcalls.dll.
    > > I included these files with Cameraderie but any pair from July, 2006
    > > or later should work. However, you must use a *matched* set. If you
    > > use eCS, replace the copy of usbcalls.dll in \ecs\dll with the newer
    > > version.

    > I think I have the good pair. I replace the call to point to your
    > version of usbresmg.sys and I didn't have usbcalls.dll in another
    > place than the program directory. But you might be right about the
    > usbd.sys and usbohcd.sys. I'll check on the eCS site about an update
    > for those.

    Follow-up: Got the new drivers from eCS site and installed them. The
    drivers date is dec, 25 2005 but I don't know if they are the latest
    though they were more recent than the one I had. Anyway, I get the
    same problem.

    --
    Salut,

    Michel (sur eComStation 1.2 / Warp 4.52)
    ICQ #13376913
    http://pages.infinit.net/exovede

  12. Re: Camera Software

    Le jeu, 28 déc 2006 16:15:15 UTC, "Michel A Goyette"
    a écrit:

    > Follow-up: Got the new drivers from eCS site and installed them. The
    > drivers date is dec, 25 2005 but I don't know if they are the latest

    Make that dec, 21 2005. (Might be because of the Christmas season)
    ;-)

    --
    Salut,

    Michel (sur eComStation 1.2 / Warp 4.52)
    ICQ #13376913
    http://pages.infinit.net/exovede

  13. Re: Camera Software

    Michel A Goyette wrote:
    > Le jeu, 28 déc 2006 15:25:15 UTC, "Michel A Goyette"
    > a écrit:
    >
    >> Le jeu, 28 déc 2006 06:19:00 UTC, "Rich Walsh"
    >> a écrit:

    >>> An application is pretty far removed from the BASEDEVICE driver that
    >>> runs the hardware. In this case:
    >>>
    >>> camera.exe -> usbcalls.dll -> usbresmg.sys -> usbd.sys -> usbohcd.sys
    >>>
    >>> At least one user reported that he needed the last version of IBM's
    >>> USB drivers (v10.158) to get things working properly. I suspect that
    >>> may be the case here.
    >>>
    >>> Although it's probably not applicable here, a common source of problems
    >>> is using older or mismatched versions of usbresmg.sys and usbcalls.dll.
    >>> I included these files with Cameraderie but any pair from July, 2006
    >>> or later should work. However, you must use a *matched* set. If you
    >>> use eCS, replace the copy of usbcalls.dll in \ecs\dll with the newer
    >>> version.

    >> I think I have the good pair. I replace the call to point to your
    >> version of usbresmg.sys and I didn't have usbcalls.dll in another
    >> place than the program directory. But you might be right about the
    >> usbd.sys and usbohcd.sys. I'll check on the eCS site about an update
    >> for those.

    > Follow-up: Got the new drivers from eCS site and installed them. The
    > drivers date is dec, 25 2005 but I don't know if they are the latest
    > though they were more recent than the one I had. Anyway, I get the
    > same problem.

    Have you got the latest libc?

    Ted

  14. Re: Camera Software

    Le jeu, 28 déc 2006 16:36:48 UTC, Ted Edwards
    a écrit:

    > Michel A Goyette wrote:
    > >
    > > Follow-up: Got the new drivers from eCS site and installed them. The
    > > drivers date is dec, 25 2005 but I don't know if they are the latest
    > > though they were more recent than the one I had. Anyway, I get the
    > > same problem.
    > >

    > Have you got the latest libc?

    Yes.

    --
    Salut,

    Michel (sur eComStation 1.2 / Warp 4.52)
    ICQ #13376913
    http://pages.infinit.net/exovede

  15. Re: Camera Software

    Rich Walsh wrote:
    > On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 19:53:35 UTC, Colin Campbell wrote:
    >

    >> I downloaded the latest FotoGet, as well as the latest Cameraderie,
    >> installed them, and tried to read the pictures from my Canon Power
    >> Shot S200 using the USB connection. Result? Nothing doing. Neither
    >> program recognized a "drive" or "camera" it could use.
    >> [snip]
    >> Does anyone know whether I ought to be able to connect the camera
    >> via USB, and have it work with either program?
    >>

    > After searching the Canon site, seeing what cameras ghoto2 supports,
    > and examining the entrails of a freshly slaughtered chicken, I'd have
    > to say that the answer to your question is "No" for both apps.
    >
    > Older Canons like yours (ca. 2002), use a proprietary protocol that
    > requires some sort of TWAIN driver. Newer Canons (roughly 2004 or
    > later) use PTP and are compatible with Cameraderie (the newer, the
    > more compatible). I don't think Canon ever went the mass-storage
    > device route.
    >
    > Your best bet for direct downloads from your S200 is gphoto2:
    > http://froloff.homeip.net/zips/gphoto2-2.2.0-os2.zip
    >
    > This is a port of a Linux commandline program that supports proprietary
    > protocols very well. It also supports PTP, but -what can I say- I'm
    > not fond of it. However, I do find its "--list-cameras" command useful:
    > for Canons (at least), if it doesn't say "(PTP mode)" next to an entry
    > then Cameraderie & PTPro (my own commandline app) won't work with that
    > model.

    Rich,
    Thanks for the info. I've been thinking about getting a new camera
    (there seem to have been several steps forward in the 4.5 years since I
    got my Canon, such as more pixels at a price point, larger viewers, and
    changes to smaller storage devices, and the prices seem to be lower,
    too). When I do, I'll give your app another try.

    I'm sure I speak for many when I say thanks for writing it!

    The Gateway camera doesn't work, either, by the way. I think it was a
    Christmas, 2004 present, so perhaps it doesn't know PTP, either. I sure
    didn't see any mention of PTP in the slim owner's manual.
    Colin

  16. Re: Camera Software + WARNING

    Colin Campbell wrote:
    > Rich Walsh wrote:
    >> After searching the Canon site, seeing what cameras ghoto2 supports,
    >> and examining the entrails of a freshly slaughtered chicken, I'd have
    >> to say that the answer to your question is "No" for both apps.
    >>
    >> Older Canons like yours (ca. 2002), use a proprietary protocol that
    >> requires some sort of TWAIN driver. Newer Canons (roughly 2004 or
    >> later) use PTP and are compatible with Cameraderie (the newer, the
    >> more compatible). I don't think Canon ever went the mass-storage
    >> device route.

    > Thanks for the info. I've been thinking about getting a new camera
    > (there seem to have been several steps forward in the 4.5 years since I
    > got my Canon, such as more pixels at a price point, larger viewers, and
    > changes to smaller storage devices, and the prices seem to be lower,
    > too). When I do, I'll give your app another try.

    By all means do! It is superb! I bought a Canon S3IS last summer, 6MP,
    12x optical zoom and good image stabilization. I have been using Rich's
    Cameraderie since the day I saw an announcement and have never had a
    problem with it until yesterday and that was NOT a problem with
    Cameraderie. Thus:

    Warning: New years day I took five pix at a friends and transfered them
    to his Toshiba laptop (with M$ XP home) via USB. Subsequently I took
    another picture that we did not transfer. When I got home, Cameraderie
    would not touch the camera. I managed to get the pictures off the card
    by using a card reader and some mucking about. PMView would not look at
    the first five but the last was ok. I re-formatted the card in the
    camera and took some pictures. No joy. The first five positions could
    not be read. I don't know just why the problem occurred but PMView
    complained about two markers where, presumably, there should be one and
    wouldn't open the files. Today I long formatted the card FAT16 using
    DFSee 8.09 and then re-formatted it in the camera (Canon uses a
    modification of FAT16). This fixed the problem. My camera now talks
    with Camaraderie just fine. So be warned don't let any M$ product touch
    your valuable pictures.

    > I'm sure I speak for many when I say thanks for writing it!

    Certainly add my voice to that! Let me add that I find Camaraderie far
    more intuitive than the Canon ('doze only) software that came with the
    camera. The Canon SW worked OK under W2K but was slow and cumbersome.
    Thanks to Rich, I can easily transfer my stuff (JPGs, AVI's and WAV's)
    to my computer from my normal OS, eCS 1.2R.

    Ted

  17. Re: Camera Software + WARNING

    On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 00:18:35 UTC, Ted Edwards
    wrote:

    -> Colin Campbell wrote:
    -> > Rich Walsh wrote:
    -> >> After searching the Canon site, seeing what cameras ghoto2 supports,
    -> >> and examining the entrails of a freshly slaughtered chicken, I'd have
    -> >> to say that the answer to your question is "No" for both apps.
    -> >>
    -> >> Older Canons like yours (ca. 2002), use a proprietary protocol that
    -> >> requires some sort of TWAIN driver. Newer Canons (roughly 2004 or
    -> >> later) use PTP and are compatible with Cameraderie (the newer, the
    -> >> more compatible). I don't think Canon ever went the mass-storage
    -> >> device route.
    ->
[...]

    Did you try to CHKDSK /F the card while in the card reader? I have
    seen this before when somehow EAs written when accessed by OS/2
    software get messed up if you disconnect without ejecting first. It
    is possible that windoze messed up the EAs.

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.os2voice.org
    Warpstock 2006, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, Oct 12-15, 2006 -
    http://www.warpstock.org

  18. Re: Camera Software + WARNING

    Mark Dodel wrote:
    > -> camera and took some pictures. No joy. The first five positions could
    > -> not be read. I don't know just why the problem occurred but PMView
    > -> complained about two markers where, presumably, there should be one and
    > -> wouldn't open the files. Today I long formatted the card FAT16 using
    > -> DFSee 8.09 and then re-formatted it in the camera (Canon uses a
    > -> modification of FAT16). This fixed the problem. My camera now talks
    > -> with Camaraderie just fine. So be warned don't let any M$ product touch
    > -> your valuable pictures.
    > ->

    > Did you try to CHKDSK /F the card while in the card reader? I have
    > seen this before when somehow EAs written when accessed by OS/2
    > software get messed up if you disconnect without ejecting first. It
    > is possible that windoze messed up the EAs.

    No, Mark, I didn't think of that but your explanation makes sense. The
    card was readable from the card reader/drive object and showed the
    existence of the six *.JPG files, the five problem ones and the sixth.
    Whatever XP did do them, it only appeared to affect the first five files
    even when i formatted the card in the camera. DFSee recognised it as
    FAT16, blanked the disk and re-formatted it.

    Should I run into a similar problem again, I'll try to remember to try
    CHKDSK /F.

    Ted

  19. Re: Camera Software + WARNING

    On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 00:18:35 GMT, Ted Edwards wrote:

    >> I'm sure I speak for many when I say thanks for writing it!

    >Certainly add my voice to that! Let me add that I find Camaraderie far
    >more intuitive than the Canon ('doze only) software that came with the
    >camera. The Canon SW worked OK under W2K but was slow and cumbersome.
    >Thanks to Rich, I can easily transfer my stuff (JPGs, AVI's and WAV's)
    >to my computer from my normal OS, eCS 1.2R.

    And my thanks too!

    I agree about the 'doze software - mine is Kodak. Takes forever just to get
    ready to get the pix off the camera - checking this, checking that, geez.
    Camaraderie can handle the job in 1/4 the time and I can still use the
    charging dock for the transfer :-)

    Later, Mike
    (substitute strickland in the obvious location to reply directly)
    -----------------------------------
    mNOSPAM3@bellsouth.net

    Please send all email as text - HTML is too hard to decipher as text.

  20. Re: Camera Software + WARNING

    On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 15:24:27 UTC, "Michael Strickland" wrote:
    > On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 00:18:35 GMT, Ted Edwards wrote:
    >
    > >> I'm sure I speak for many when I say thanks for writing it!

    > >Certainly add my voice to that! Let me add that I find Camaraderie far
    > >more intuitive than the Canon ('doze only) software that came with the
    > >camera. The Canon SW worked OK under W2K but was slow and cumbersome.
    > >Thanks to Rich, I can easily transfer my stuff (JPGs, AVI's and WAV's)
    > >to my computer from my normal OS, eCS 1.2R.

    > And my thanks too!
    >
    > I agree about the 'doze software - mine is Kodak. Takes forever just to get
    > ready to get the pix off the camera - checking this, checking that, geez.
    > Camaraderie can handle the job in 1/4 the time and I can still use the
    > charging dock for the transfer :-)

    Thanks for the kind words.

    Speaking of warnings... I had hoped to have a new version out by
    now (with my favorite feature so far), but a "small" bug has forced
    me to rewrite a big piece of the app. The new version should be out
    real-soon-now.

    Meanwhile, avoid moving or resizing Cameraderie's windows while it's
    distracted and stop talking to the camera. None of this has any
    effect on the camera or the files you're saving, but it is annoying.

    If this happens while saving files, wait until Cam displays an error
    message, then press 'Retry'. It will continue to completion without
    further problems.