Camera Software - OS2

This is a discussion on Camera Software - OS2 ; On a pleasant day while strolling in comp.os.os2.apps, a person by the name of Michael Strickland exclaimed: > I agree about the 'doze software - mine is Kodak. Takes forever just to get > ready to get the pix off ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: Camera Software + WARNING

    On a pleasant day while strolling in comp.os.os2.apps, a person by the
    name of Michael Strickland exclaimed:
    > I agree about the 'doze software - mine is Kodak. Takes forever just to get
    > ready to get the pix off the camera - checking this, checking that, geez.
    > Camaraderie can handle the job in 1/4 the time and I can still use the
    > charging dock for the transfer :-)

    For this reason I would try to avoid buying a camera that doesn't work
    as mass storage device. Saves so much bother since the camera
    proprietary software is invariably crap, and usually doesn't provide any
    useful functions beyond copying files. Kodak's software killed my laptop
    install a couple of times with its funky drivers and processes.

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and

  2. Re: Camera Software + WARNING

    Aaron Lawrence wrote:
    > On a pleasant day while strolling in comp.os.os2.apps, a person by the
    > name of Michael Strickland exclaimed:
    >> I agree about the 'doze software - mine is Kodak. Takes forever just to get
    >> ready to get the pix off the camera - checking this, checking that, geez.
    >> Camaraderie can handle the job in 1/4 the time and I can still use the
    >> charging dock for the transfer :-)

    > For this reason I would try to avoid buying a camera that doesn't work
    > as mass storage device. Saves so much bother since the camera
    > proprietary software is invariably crap, and usually doesn't provide any
    > useful functions beyond copying files. Kodak's software killed my laptop
    > install a couple of times with its funky drivers and processes.

    Do you shoot any video clips with your camera? I do with my Canon S3 IS
    and sometimes like to combine some stills (like a mini slide show) with
    some video. Currently this is the only issue that forces me into 'doze
    for the processing. Does anyone know of an app that will turn a still
    into (say) 5 seconds of .MPG video? If I could do this then combining
    could be done with DVDburn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2