CDR/2 Create Data DVD - OS2

This is a discussion on CDR/2 Create Data DVD - OS2 ; unclepeteDEL@ETEisp.com wrote: > The UDF readme makes it quite clear that you should unlock a DVD after > just about everything you do to it, but it has nothing to say about > multiple versions of unlock. Since when does ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: CDR/2 Create Data DVD

    unclepeteDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:

    > The UDF readme makes it quite clear that you should unlock a DVD after
    > just about everything you do to it, but it has nothing to say about
    > multiple versions of unlock.

    Since when does IBM acknowledge third-party software? Once, they asked
    what EMX was - they had no idea...

    > The UDF readme also makes repeated reference to the WPSHL - a GUI. Is
    > that some very obscure part of OS/2 or just a little used name for
    > something I use every day?

    Probably someone's short-hand version of Workplace Shell, aka WPS, aka
    the OS/2 desktop you are using.

  2. Re: CDR/2 Create Data DVD

    Steve Wendt said:

    >Since when does IBM acknowledge third-party software?

    Yeah, good point I guess. Since when does IBM acknowledge anything
    valued under $300 million a year?

    Jim L via the eCS 1.2r version of OS/2

    --
    War strategy: Work to free a bunch of fools who want to kill each other off.

  3. Re: CDR/2 Create Data DVD

    It is not necessary to have a JFS formatted partition to create ISO
    images for a DVD that are larger that 2 gb.

    The trick is to use the -split-output parameter with MKISOFS2 as
    described in my "howto" file for creating data DVDs. This file is
    given below.

    Good luck,

    Nate Liskov

    =========
    How to burn DVD data disks on OS/2 with an IDE DVD writer

    Get the latest versions of

    CDRECORD2

    DVDDAO

    DANIS506.ADD

    OS2ASPI.DMD

    ASPIROUT.SYS

    Make sure your config.sys has the following statements

    BASEDEV=DANIS506.ADD

    BASEDEV=DANIATAPI.ADD

    BASEDEV=OS2ASPI.DMD /ALL

    DEVICE=D:\OS2\BOOT\ASPIROUT.SYS

    Identify your IDE DVD by running

    cdrecord2 -scanbus

    (mine is 1,1,0)

    Create the disk images using MKISOFS2 (from the cdrecord2 archive)

    I use the following to make the image file(s)

    mkisofs2 -l -split-output -o cd sourcepath

    where sourcepath is the path whose image is being made, "l" allows for

    full ISO9660 31 character filenames and cd is the name of the output

    file. With the -split-image option mkisofs2 will create output files

    of the form cd_00, cd_01, cd_02, etc. where each of these output

    files has a maximum size of about 1 gb. For a 4 Gb sourcepath, you

    will get an output of four such files.

    Cut the disk with the following command:

    dvddao -d 1,1,0 -v 3 -e imagefile1 imagefile2 ...

    where the -d parameter specifies your device number, -v 3 specifies

    verbose level 3, and -e specifies to eject the dvd when writing is

    finished.

    For example:

    dvddao -d 1,1,0 -v 3 -e cd_00 cd_01 cd_03 cd_04

    DVDDAO concatenates the input image files properly. Note that with
    HPFS
    you cannot create files greater than 2 gb.

    Or you could simply pipe the output of mkisofs2 directly to the input

    of dvddao rather than doing the two separate steps outlined above.

    However, separate commands are better when creating image files from

    different source paths (i.e. invoking mkisofs2 several times for

    different source paths)

    --
    nate_NOSPAM@lcs.mit.edu http://nateliskov.kicks-ass.org
    or http://home.comcast.net/~nateliskov