any way to force Firefox to load from cache? - OS2

This is a discussion on any way to force Firefox to load from cache? - OS2 ; On occasion I've visited a web site with articles that I didn't have time to read thru. So those pages are still in the browser's cache (I'm using scache). When I'm offline, I have no problem recalling those pages from ...

  1. any way to force Firefox to load from cache?

    On occasion I've visited a web site with articles that I didn't have time
    to read thru. So those pages are still in the browser's cache (I'm using
    scache). When I'm offline, I have no problem recalling those pages from
    the cache and reading them. But sometimes, as right now, I'm connected
    (via modem while downloading a file by ftp) and want to read some of those
    previously-visited cached pages without reloading them from the site. Is
    there any way to get Firefox to ignore the connection and retrieve them
    from cache?

    - Dushan Mitrovich

  2. Re: any way to force Firefox to load from cache?

    Dushan Mitrovich wrote:
    > On occasion I've visited a web site with articles that I didn't have
    > time to read thru. So those pages are still in the browser's cache
    > (I'm using scache). When I'm offline, I have no problem recalling
    > those pages from the cache and reading them. But sometimes, as right
    > now, I'm connected (via modem while downloading a file by ftp) and
    > want to read some of those previously-visited cached pages without
    > reloading them from the site. Is there any way to get Firefox to
    > ignore the connection and retrieve them from cache?

    Firefox has a "work offline" option in the "File" menu. I haven't tested
    it in detail, but in principle it should do what you want.

    --
    Peter Moylan http://www.pmoylan.org

    Please note the changed e-mail and web addresses. The domain
    eepjm.newcastle.edu.au no longer exists, and I can no longer
    reliably receive mail at my newcastle.edu.au addresses.
    The optusnet address still has about 2 months of life left.

  3. Re: any way to force Firefox to load from cache?

    Peter Moylan wrote:
    >Dushan Mitrovich wrote:
    >> On occasion I've visited a web site with articles that I didn't have
    >> time to read thru. So those pages are still in the browser's cache
    >> (I'm using scache). When I'm offline, I have no problem recalling
    >> those pages from the cache and reading them. But sometimes, as right
    >> now, I'm connected (via modem while downloading a file by ftp) and
    >> want to read some of those previously-visited cached pages without
    >> reloading them from the site. Is there any way to get Firefox to
    >> ignore the connection and retrieve them from cache?

    > Firefox has a "work offline" option in the "File" menu. I haven't tested
    > it in detail, but in principle it should do what you want.

    Peter,

    What you're hearing is a resounding head-smack, palm against forehead.
    Thanks, that's what I was too blind to notice.

    - Dushan

+ Reply to Thread