Installing Warp 4.52 - OS2

This is a discussion on Installing Warp 4.52 - OS2 ; I am having problems when trying to install Warp 4.52 on a new hard drive. Previously I have successfully unstalled it on an existing Warp 4, FP15 system, replacing the Warp 4. Now I am trying to install on a ...

  1. Installing Warp 4.52

    I am having problems when trying to install Warp 4.52 on a new hard drive.
    Previously I have successfully unstalled it on an existing Warp 4, FP15 system, replacing
    the Warp 4.
    Now I am trying to install on a "new" computer ("inherited" from my son!). It gets to the point
    whwre it says it is about to install on drive C giving me the option to install elsewhere. This
    option takes me to LVM where I can partition my hard drives. That done, it requires a reboot.
    Again I get the option to install elsewhere, and it says I need a "installable" partition of at
    leasr 120MB. But I cannot get to the menu where I cann set the partion to installable, nor do I
    get the option to install Bootmanager.
    Any advice would be apreciated.

    Chris Theron
    Hermanus
    South Africa

  2. Re: Installing Warp 4.52

    Chris Theron wrote:
    > I am having problems when trying to install Warp 4.52 on a new hard drive.
    > Previously I have successfully unstalled it on an existing Warp 4, FP15 system, replacing
    > the Warp 4.
    > Now I am trying to install on a "new" computer ("inherited" from my son!). It gets to the point
    > whwre it says it is about to install on drive C giving me the option to install elsewhere. This
    > option takes me to LVM where I can partition my hard drives. That done, it requires a reboot.
    > Again I get the option to install elsewhere, and it says I need a "installable" partition of at
    > leasr 120MB. But I cannot get to the menu where I cann set the partion to installable, nor do I
    > get the option to install Bootmanager.
    > Any advice would be apreciated.

    You have to set the partition that you want it to go on to be
    'installable' and you have to do that with LVM. You get to the LVM menu
    by pushing 'enter' when LVM is on the screen and the menu will pop up.
    Here's some stuff about installing Warp 4.51 which is very similar to
    Warp 4.52.

    http://www.angelfire.com/co4/warpste...Warp_4_51.html

    --
    Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
    and Sea Monkey 1.5a

  3. Re: Installing Warp 4.52

    David T. Johnson wrote:

    > Chris Theron wrote:
    >

    > http://www.angelfire.com/co4/warpste...Warp_4_51.html

    Can I ask, where are the other pages mentioned in this page???

    MarkO

  4. Re: Installing Warp 4.52

    Chris Theron wrote:
    > I am having problems when trying to install Warp 4.52 on a new hard drive.
    > Previously I have successfully unstalled it on an existing Warp 4, FP15 system, replacing
    > the Warp 4.
    > Now I am trying to install on a "new" computer ("inherited" from my son!). It gets to the point
    > whwre it says it is about to install on drive C giving me the option to install elsewhere. This
    > option takes me to LVM where I can partition my hard drives. That done, it requires a reboot.
    > Again I get the option to install elsewhere, and it says I need a "installable" partition of at
    > leasr 120MB. But I cannot get to the menu where I cann set the partion to installable, nor do I
    > get the option to install Bootmanager.
    > Any advice would be apreciated.
    >
    > Chris Theron
    > Hermanus
    > South Africa

    I have found that my Warp 4.51 will install more often on newer systems
    than my first release of Warp 4.52..

    Follow the directions that David pointed you to... I sometimes go
    around and around getting the LVM to work too..

    Also, this link might help:

    Keep at it...

    MarkO

  5. Re: Installing Warp 4.52

    Chris Theron wrote:

    > I am having problems when trying to install Warp 4.52 on a new hard drive.
    > Previously I have successfully unstalled it on an existing Warp 4, FP15 system, replacing
    > the Warp 4.
    > Now I am trying to install on a "new" computer ("inherited" from my son!). It gets to the point
    > whwre it says it is about to install on drive C giving me the option to install elsewhere. This
    > option takes me to LVM where I can partition my hard drives. That done, it requires a reboot.
    > Again I get the option to install elsewhere, and it says I need a "installable" partition of at
    > leasr 120MB. But I cannot get to the menu where I cann set the partion to installable, nor do I
    > get the option to install Bootmanager.
    > Any advice would be apreciated.
    >
    > Chris Theron
    > Hermanus
    > South Africa

    Also this might help explain the LVM Paradigm:

    MarkO

  6. Re: Installing Warp 4.52

    Mark D. Overholser wrote:
    > Chris Theron wrote:
    >
    >> I am having problems when trying to install Warp 4.52 on a new hard
    >> drive.
    >> Previously I have successfully unstalled it on an existing Warp 4,
    >> FP15 system, replacing the Warp 4.
    >> Now I am trying to install on a "new" computer ("inherited" from my
    >> son!). It gets to the point whwre it says it is about to install on
    >> drive C giving me the option to install elsewhere. This option takes
    >> me to LVM where I can partition my hard drives. That done, it requires
    >> a reboot. Again I get the option to install elsewhere, and it says I
    >> need a "installable" partition of at leasr 120MB. But I cannot get to
    >> the menu where I cann set the partion to installable, nor do I get the
    >> option to install Bootmanager.
    >> Any advice would be apreciated.
    >> Chris Theron
    >> Hermanus
    >> South Africa
    >>

    > I have found that my Warp 4.51 will install more often on newer systems
    > than my first release of Warp 4.52..

    If memory serves, there were problems with the initial release of Warp 4.52 and
    it was reissued after a few weeks.

    The latest and best disks have part numbers C22Z8IE and C22Z9IE. The part
    numbers for the original, problematic release are C2158IE and C2159IE.

  7. Re: Installing Warp 4.52

    On Thu, 25 May 2006 13:51:07 +0000, Mark D. Overholser wrote:

    > David T. Johnson wrote:
    >
    >> Chris Theron wrote:
    >>

    >> http://www.angelfire.com/co4/warpste...Warp_4_51.html
    >>

    > Can I ask, where are the other pages mentioned in this page???
    >

    > MarkO

    Mark,

    That one more disk turned out to be three more disks, a couple with
    Stardock directories on them where I kept all my Stardock purchases
    but there are no updates on any of them for PMINews/2.

    Wayne
    --
    Registered Linux user #375994
    http://www.geocities.jp/rondonko/

  8. Re: Installing Warp 4.52

    On Thu, 25 May 2006 13:51:07 +0000, Mark D. Overholser wrote:

    > Can I ask, where are the other pages mentioned in this page???

    You may find a reply from me turning up, it was a mistake, I meant to
    reply to another post in another thread. I cancelled it straight away
    but I fear it crept through. I hate it when I don't have enough caffeine
    in the morning!

    Wayne
    --
    Registered Linux user #375994
    http://www.geocities.jp/rondonko/

  9. Re: Installing Warp 4.52

    James J. Weinkam wrote:

    > Mark D. Overholser wrote:
    >
    >> Chris Theron wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am having problems when trying to install Warp 4.52 on a new hard
    >>> drive.
    >>> Previously I have successfully unstalled it on an existing Warp 4,
    >>> FP15 system, replacing the Warp 4.
    >>> Now I am trying to install on a "new" computer ("inherited" from my
    >>> son!). It gets to the point whwre it says it is about to install on
    >>> drive C giving me the option to install elsewhere. This option takes
    >>> me to LVM where I can partition my hard drives. That done, it
    >>> requires a reboot. Again I get the option to install elsewhere, and
    >>> it says I need a "installable" partition of at leasr 120MB. But I
    >>> cannot get to the menu where I cann set the partion to installable,
    >>> nor do I get the option to install Bootmanager.
    >>> Any advice would be apreciated.
    >>> Chris Theron
    >>> Hermanus
    >>> South Africa
    >>>

    >> I have found that my Warp 4.51 will install more often on newer
    >> systems than my first release of Warp 4.52..
    >>

    > If memory serves, there were problems with the initial release of Warp
    > 4.52 and it was reissued after a few weeks.
    >
    > The latest and best disks have part numbers C22Z8IE and C22Z9IE. The
    > part numbers for the original, problematic release are C2158IE and C2159IE.

    Ah yes... I have C2158IE and C2159IE...

    Are C22Z8IE and C22Z9IE the refresh from 2003???

    MarkO

  10. Re: Installing Warp 4.52

    On Thu, 25 May 2006 23:32:37 GMT, Mark D. Overholser
    wrote:
    >> If memory serves, there were problems with the initial release of Warp
    >> 4.52 and it was reissued after a few weeks.
    >>
    >> The latest and best disks have part numbers C22Z8IE and C22Z9IE. The
    >> part numbers for the original, problematic release are C2158IE and C2159IE.

    > Ah yes... I have C2158IE and C2159IE...
    >
    > Are C22Z8IE and C22Z9IE the refresh from 2003???

    From 2002. SYSLEVEL.OS2 will report an initial CSD level of XR04503 for
    the refreshed version (versus XR04502 for the original version).

    AFAIK the only significant changes between the two were:

    APAR ABSTRACT

    PJ28355 SYS3175 in DOSCALL1.DLL when booting a Pentium 4 machine
    when initializing testcfg.sys or apm.sys
    PJ28362 traps in os2krnl running theseus/4
    PJ28379 disallow alt-f4 and alt-f5 in the presence of altf1sec.cmd
    IC32279 Trap 000e in TKDeclareInversion after killing a process
    while it's doing DosDelete processing.

    Most of which were, ISTR, triggered by having more than 512 MB of RAM in a
    Pentium 4.

    --
    Alex Taylor
    http://www.cs-club.org/~alex

    Remove hat to reply (reply-to address).

  11. Re: Installing Warp 4.52

    On Fri, 26 May 2006 14:45:03 UTC, Alex Taylor
    wrote:

    > On Thu, 25 May 2006 23:32:37 GMT, Mark D. Overholser
    > wrote:
    > >> If memory serves, there were problems with the initial release of Warp
    > >> 4.52 and it was reissued after a few weeks.
    > >>
    > >> The latest and best disks have part numbers C22Z8IE and C22Z9IE. The
    > >> part numbers for the original, problematic release are C2158IE and C2159IE.

    > > Ah yes... I have C2158IE and C2159IE...
    > >
    > > Are C22Z8IE and C22Z9IE the refresh from 2003???

    > From 2002. SYSLEVEL.OS2 will report an initial CSD level of XR04503 for
    > the refreshed version (versus XR04502 for the original version).
    >
    > AFAIK the only significant changes between the two were:
    >
    > APAR ABSTRACT
    >
    > PJ28355 SYS3175 in DOSCALL1.DLL when booting a Pentium 4 machine
    > when initializing testcfg.sys or apm.sys
    > PJ28362 traps in os2krnl running theseus/4
    > PJ28379 disallow alt-f4 and alt-f5 in the presence of altf1sec.cmd
    > IC32279 Trap 000e in TKDeclareInversion after killing a process
    > while it's doing DosDelete processing.
    >
    > Most of which were, ISTR, triggered by having more than 512 MB of RAM in a
    > Pentium 4.

    Yes....fixpack XR_F001 fixed those, and contains little more then kernel
    14.088. So one can download that fixpack, update some boot floppies and
    be in pretty much the same position as having the refresh.

  12. Re: Installing Warp 4.52

    Mark D. Overholser wrote:
    > James J. Weinkam wrote:
    >
    >> Mark D. Overholser wrote:

    >>> I have found that my Warp 4.51 will install more often on newer
    >>> systems than my first release of Warp 4.52..
    >>>

    >> If memory serves, there were problems with the initial release of Warp
    >> 4.52 and it was reissued after a few weeks.
    >>
    >> The latest and best disks have part numbers C22Z8IE and C22Z9IE. The
    >> part numbers for the original, problematic release are C2158IE and
    >> C2159IE.

    > Ah yes... I have C2158IE and C2159IE...
    >
    > Are C22Z8IE and C22Z9IE the refresh from 2003???
    >
    > MarkO

    If you still have Passport Advantage, I am pretty sure you can still download
    the images of the refreshed version.

+ Reply to Thread