PMINews/2 - OS2

This is a discussion on PMINews/2 - OS2 ; I cannot find my original copy of PMINews/2, a program I have used for many years to manage my newsgroup reading, and now need for reinstallation on a new system. An e-mail to general support at Stardock has met with ...

  1. PMINews/2

    I cannot find my original copy of PMINews/2, a program I have used for many
    years to manage my newsgroup reading, and now need for reinstallation on a
    new system.

    An e-mail to general support at Stardock has met with silence, despite the
    purported availability of a special e-mail address pminews2@startdock.com
    (neither does pminews@stardock.com work) for getting backup copies of the
    software and updates.

    Can anyone furnish me with a copy of the uninstalled PMINews/2 -- and the
    updates? I am currently running version 2.00.1205.

    TIA.

  2. Re: PMINews/2

    On Wed, 24 May 2006 01:28:55 +0000, Elmer Fudd wrote:

    > I cannot find my original copy of PMINews/2, a program I have used for
    > many years to manage my newsgroup reading, and now need for reinstallation
    > on a new system.
    >
    > An e-mail to general support at Stardock has met with silence, despite the
    > purported availability of a special e-mail address pminews2@startdock.com
    > (neither does pminews@stardock.com work) for getting backup copies of the
    > software and updates.
    >
    > Can anyone furnish me with a copy of the uninstalled PMINews/2 -- and the
    > updates? I am currently running version 2.00.1205.
    >
    > TIA.

    http://www.geocities.jp/rondonko/PMI200.EXE.zip

    Tell me when you have it so I can remove it.

    Wayne

    --
    Registered Linux user #375994
    http://www.geocities.jp/rondonko/

  3. Re: PMINews/2

    :>> Can anyone furnish me with a copy of the uninstalled PMINews/2 -- and the
    :>> updates? I am currently running version 2.00.1205.
    :>>
    :>> TIA.
    :>
    :>http://www.geocities.jp/rondonko/PMI200.EXE.zip
    :>
    :>Tell me when you have it so I can remove it.
    :>

    Thank you Wayne. I saw that it contained a single exe-file but did not have
    time to install it as I had to leave for a meeting. Does this happen to be
    the latest version -- which I believe is 2.00.1205 -- or is it the original
    2.0 release?

    If the latter, do you also happen to have the update(s)?

  4. Re: PMINews/2

    On Wed, 24 May 2006 14:31:14 +0000, Elmer Fudd wrote:

    > :>> Can anyone furnish me with a copy of the uninstalled PMINews/2 -- and
    > the :>> updates? I am currently running version 2.00.1205. :>>
    > :>> TIA.
    > :>
    > :>http://www.geocities.jp/rondonko/PMI200.EXE.zip :>
    > :>Tell me when you have it so I can remove it. :>
    >
    > Thank you Wayne. I saw that it contained a single exe-file but did not
    > have time to install it as I had to leave for a meeting. Does this happen
    > to be the latest version -- which I believe is 2.00.1205 -- or is it the
    > original 2.0 release?
    >
    > If the latter, do you also happen to have the update(s)?

    As far as I remember, this was the version that was once downloadable
    from: http://www.stardock.com/products/pminews/pminews.html

    I don't remember there being any updates to it either, at least I don't
    seem to have any on any of my CDs. I have one more CD to check though.

    Wayne
    --
    Registered Linux user #375994
    http://www.geocities.jp/rondonko/

  5. Re: PMINews/2

    :>> If the latter, do you also happen to have the update(s)?
    :>
    :>As far as I remember, this was the version that was once downloadable
    :>from: http://www.stardock.com/products/pminews/pminews.html
    :>
    :>I don't remember there being any updates to it either, at least I don't
    :>seem to have any on any of my CDs. I have one more CD to check though.

    Yes please do. I do appreciate it.

  6. Re: PMINews/2

    On Thu, 25 May 2006 16:35:38 +0000, Elmer Fudd wrote:

    > :>> If the latter, do you also happen to have the update(s)? :>
    > :>As far as I remember, this was the version that was once downloadable
    > :>from: http://www.stardock.com/products/pminews/pminews.html :>
    > :>I don't remember there being any updates to it either, at least I don't
    > :>seem to have any on any of my CDs. I have one more CD to check though.
    >
    > Yes please do. I do appreciate it.

    That one more disk turned out to be three more disks, a couple with
    Stardock directories on them where I kept all my Stardock purchases but
    there are no updates on any of them for PMINews/2.

    Wayne
    --
    Registered Linux user #375994
    http://www.geocities.jp/rondonko/

  7. Re: PMINews/2

    On Thu, 25 May 2006 16:35:38 +0000, Elmer Fudd wrote:

    > :>> If the latter, do you also happen to have the update(s)? :>
    > :>As far as I remember, this was the version that was once downloadable
    > :>from: http://www.stardock.com/products/pminews/pminews.html :>
    > :>I don't remember there being any updates to it either, at least I don't
    > :>seem to have any on any of my CDs. I have one more CD to check though.
    >
    > Yes please do. I do appreciate it.

    I just started to install that file on my Thinkpad and it is the version
    you require. I was correct that there were no updates to the app.

    Wayne
    --
    Registered Linux user #375994
    http://www.geocities.jp/rondonko/

  8. Re: PMINews/2

    Thank you very much for looking, Wayne.

    On Fri, 26 May 2006 08:12:47 +0900, Wayne wrote:

    :>On Thu, 25 May 2006 16:35:38 +0000, Elmer Fudd wrote:
    :>
    :>> :>> If the latter, do you also happen to have the update(s)? :>
    :>> :>As far as I remember, this was the version that was once downloadable
    :>> :>from: http://www.stardock.com/products/pminews/pminews.html :>
    :>> :>I don't remember there being any updates to it either, at least I don't
    :>> :>seem to have any on any of my CDs. I have one more CD to check though.
    :>>
    :>> Yes please do. I do appreciate it.
    :>
    :>That one more disk turned out to be three more disks, a couple with
    :>Stardock directories on them where I kept all my Stardock purchases but
    :>there are no updates on any of them for PMINews/2.
    :>
    :>Wayne
    :>--
    :>Registered Linux user #375994
    :>http://www.geocities.jp/rondonko/
    :>

  9. Re: PMINews/2

    Thank you again for your time and effort!

    On Fri, 26 May 2006 09:52:54 +0900, Wayne wrote:

[...]

+ Reply to Thread