re mp4 - OS2

This is a discussion on re mp4 - OS2 ; Hi any way to play mp4 files under os/2 ad...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: re mp4

  1. re mp4

    Hi

    any way to play mp4 files under os/2

    ad

  2. Re: re mp4

    On Sat, 20 May 2006 22:04:58 UTC, adrian suri
    wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > any way to play mp4 files under os/2


    Warpvision plays a mp4 video here - the only one I have. No problem other than
    that fast forward does not work with this file.


    Best regards
    Sten Solberg


  3. Re: re mp4

    Sten Solberg wrote:
    > On Sat, 20 May 2006 22:04:58 UTC, adrian suri
    > wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Hi
    >>
    >>any way to play mp4 files under os/2

    >
    >
    > Warpvision plays a mp4 video here - the only one I have. No problem other than
    > that fast forward does not work with this file.


    That may mean your file is incomplete. I got that always with some files
    that got somehow shortened, usually accidentally.

    >
    >
    > Best regards
    > Sten Solberg
    >



    --
    Cheers,
    Martin

    UNDERSCOREmmiATcentrumDOTcz to email me

  4. Re: re mp4

    On Sat, 20 May 2006 23:59:46 UTC, MMI wrote:

    > Sten Solberg wrote:
    > > On Sat, 20 May 2006 22:04:58 UTC, adrian suri
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >
    > >>Hi
    > >>
    > >>any way to play mp4 files under os/2

    > >
    > >
    > > Warpvision plays a mp4 video here - the only one I have. No problem other than
    > > that fast forward does not work with this file.

    >
    > That may mean your file is incomplete. I got that always with some files
    > that got somehow shortened, usually accidentally.


    Interesting. It is from a BitTorrent download and I have not bothered to see it
    through, so I don't know if it may be shortened enough to (otherwise) influence
    the content, and I would not know what to look for in the file itself to detect
    whether it has been shortened. If that is possible at all. Thanks.


    Best regards
    Sten Solberg


  5. Re: re mp4

    On Sun, 21 May 2006 00:40:50 UTC, "Sten Solberg" wrote:

    > On Sat, 20 May 2006 23:59:46 UTC, MMI wrote:
    >
    > > Sten Solberg wrote:
    > > > On Sat, 20 May 2006 22:04:58 UTC, adrian suri
    > > > wrote:
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >>Hi
    > > >>
    > > >>any way to play mp4 files under os/2
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Warpvision plays a mp4 video here - the only one I have. No problem other than
    > > > that fast forward does not work with this file.

    > >
    > > That may mean your file is incomplete. I got that always with some files
    > > that got somehow shortened, usually accidentally.


    I just tested it with the new WVgui v1.01 and it appears to be fixed, along with
    several other things. I am looking forward to Warpvision supporting
    DRM-protected WMV3 files...


    Best regards
    Sten Solberg



  6. Re: re mp4

    On Wed, 24 May 2006 00:29:34 UTC, "Sten Solberg"
    wrote:

    -> On Sun, 21 May 2006 00:40:50 UTC, "Sten Solberg" wrote:
    ->
    -> > On Sat, 20 May 2006 23:59:46 UTC, MMI wrote:
    -> >
    -> > > Sten Solberg wrote:
    -> > > > On Sat, 20 May 2006 22:04:58 UTC, adrian suri
    -> > > > wrote:
    -> > > >
    -> > > >
    -> > > >>Hi
    -> > > >>
    -> > > >>any way to play mp4 files under os/2
    -> > > >
    -> > > >
    -> > > > Warpvision plays a mp4 video here - the only one I have. No problem other than
    -> > > > that fast forward does not work with this file.
    -> > >
    -> > > That may mean your file is incomplete. I got that always with some files
    -> > > that got somehow shortened, usually accidentally.
    ->
    -> I just tested it with the new WVgui v1.01 and it appears to be fixed, along with
    -> several other things. I am looking forward to Warpvision supporting
    -> DRM-protected WMV3 files...
    ->

    For completeness, here is the announcement of the just released new
    version of WVGUI from the VOICE news list:-)

    ++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++

    From: Mark Dodel

    ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/wvgui/wvgui1.01.wpi
    [Moderator note: I had to rename this wvgui101.wpi to run this as the
    "." between the 1 and the 0 confused the WPS to think it was a text
    file]
    or
    ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/wvgui/wvgui1.01.zip


    http://warpvision.netlabs.org/

    "The goal of the WarpVision project is to create an OS/2 multimedia
    player that supports the latest formats, as well as the latest
    hardware features."


    WinCodecs: ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/wvgui/wincodecs (Odin required,
    See the wvgui.inf file)

    Problem reports: http://svn.netlabs.org/wvgui

    Support mailing list:
    warpvision-user-subscribeDESPAM@DESPAMnetlabs.org

    Changelog:

    PLEASE! Remove VIDEO2.INI first!

    23.05.2006 (v1.01)

     Added automatically playing just loaded playlist
     fixed WMV2/WMA2 files desync. bug #91
     DTS WAV/RAW files demuxer created
     Playlist 'Move up'/'Move down'/'Move first'/'Move last' now works
     Some memory safety checks added
     Fixes slider seeks in MOV/QT
     Network playing slightly fixed
     MP3 audio time length fixed
     WO plugin now set default brightness/contrast/etc at exit
     Fixed crash when moving window with OSD
     Changed About page in settings
     Matroshka support added
     DVD startup speedup
     Fixed some IV50 (wfv) decoding (bug #75)
     Fixed .rm audio playing
     Fixed always showing subtitles
     Various build fixes


    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.os2voice.org
    Warpstock 2006, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, Oct 12-15, 2006 -
    http://www.warpstock.org

+ Reply to Thread