pmview 3.23 - OS2

This is a discussion on pmview 3.23 - OS2 ; I've noticed that it takes a lot longer to load jpg and gif images when displaying a slideshow in 3.23 than it did in 3.22 . In fact I can manually click on the forward button while pmview is still ...

  1. pmview 3.23

    I've noticed that it takes a lot longer to load jpg and gif images
    when displaying a slideshow in 3.23 than it did in 3.22 . In fact I
    can manually click on the forward button while pmview is still trying
    to load old images, while 3.22 could keep up with my rapid clicking as
    well. I have a radeion 9600xt with snap 3.1.3. re-installing 3.22
    has fixed it. Has anyone else experienced this?
    --

  2. Re: pmview 3.23

    Mark Klebanoff schrieb:
    > I've noticed that it takes a lot longer to load jpg and gif images
    > when displaying a slideshow in 3.23 than it did in 3.22 . In fact I
    > can manually click on the forward button while pmview is still trying
    > to load old images, while 3.22 could keep up with my rapid clicking as
    > well. I have a radeion 9600xt with snap 3.1.3. re-installing 3.22
    > has fixed it. Has anyone else experienced this?

    Hmmm, I noticed that it seems to take longer to create all the
    temporary thumbnails when using the file open dialogue.
    However, no measuring done, just an impression.

    In addition PMView 3.23 crashed twice already and I cannot remember
    seeing PMview crash before...

    Herwig

  3. Re: pmview 3.23

    Herwig Bauernfeind wrote:
    > Mark Klebanoff schrieb:
    >
    >>I've noticed that it takes a lot longer to load jpg and gif images
    >>when displaying a slideshow in 3.23 than it did in 3.22 . In fact I
    >>can manually click on the forward button while pmview is still trying
    >>to load old images, while 3.22 could keep up with my rapid clicking as
    >>well. I have a radeion 9600xt with snap 3.1.3. re-installing 3.22
    >>has fixed it. Has anyone else experienced this?

    > Hmmm, I noticed that it seems to take longer to create all the
    > temporary thumbnails when using the file open dialogue.
    > However, no measuring done, just an impression.
    >
    > In addition PMView 3.23 crashed twice already and I cannot remember
    > seeing PMview crash before...
    >
    > Herwig

    Hum... check your systems guys. I have 3.23 and find no lag time when
    3.20 before the upgrade, maybe something in between there is causing
    the problem? I'm running a slideshow now and it changes image every
    few seconds as instructed. Clicking forward to move them along is fast
    and snappy. Try removing entirely and reinstalling.

    I am using 1 and 2 gigs of RAM on two separate machines (Thinkpads).
    I've never had PMView crash and I have thousands of images.

  4. Re: pmview 3.23

    Try this on the PMView app:

    View -> Preferences -> Special/TWAIN. ON the Special/TWAIN panel
    remove the check mark from the 'Use Idle time priority' setting.
    Restart PMViwe and now my thumbnails are significantly faster in

    -Jim

    --

  5. Re: pmview 3.23

    On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 19:48:52 UTC, "Jim Wilkerson"
    wrote:

    > Try this on the PMView app:
    >
    > View -> Preferences -> Special/TWAIN. ON the Special/TWAIN panel
    > remove the check mark from the 'Use Idle time priority' setting.
    > Restart PMViwe and now my thumbnails are significantly faster in
    >
    > -Jim

    I tried it-- maybe it's a little faster but it's still much slower
    than 3.22 was

    --

  6. Re: pmview 3.23

    Mark Klebanoff wrote:
    > I tried it-- maybe it's a little faster but it's still much slower
    > than 3.22 was

    Then reinstall v3.22 and you'll see that there is no difference. None
    of the FOC code was touched between the versions, and the complier and
    all tools are the same.

    I'm compiling PMView on a 166MHz IBM Thinkpad, so I guarantee you that
    every change takes a lot of time and a full build of all language
    version takes more than 2 days...

    There is plenty of time for me to sit rolling my thumbs and memorizing
    every byte I changed

    You probably changed something else in the system...

    Thanks,
    Peter

  7. Re: pmview 3.23

    At that very moment, pnielsen@abo.fi turned to comp.os.os2.apps and said
    > Then reinstall v3.22 and you'll see that there is no difference. None
    > of the FOC code was touched between the versions, and the complier and
    > all tools are the same.

    Phase of the moon? How many goats did you sacrifice for the build? :P

    > There is plenty of time for me to sit rolling my thumbs and memorizing
    > every byte I changed

    LOL

    Hey, you have to make do with a 166MHz laptop?? Could you use an
    upgrade?

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and

  8. Re: pmview 3.23

    On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 02:02:34 UTC, pnielsen@abo.fi wrote:

    > Mark Klebanoff wrote:
    > > I tried it-- maybe it's a little faster but it's still much slower
    > > than 3.22 was

    > Then reinstall v3.22 and you'll see that there is no difference. None
    > of the FOC code was touched between the versions, and the complier and
    > all tools are the same.
    >
    > I'm compiling PMView on a 166MHz IBM Thinkpad, so I guarantee you that
    > every change takes a lot of time and a full build of all language
    > version takes more than 2 days...
    >
    > There is plenty of time for me to sit rolling my thumbs and memorizing
    > every byte I changed
    >
    > You probably changed something else in the system...
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Peter

    Maybe so, but if I change nothing, uninstall 3.23 and go back to 3.22,
    it is noticeably faster. Re-installing 3.23 results in very much
    slower loading.