>2GB file transfer over the LAN - OS2

This is a discussion on >2GB file transfer over the LAN - OS2 ; Hi, I am trying to transfer files >2G between my WinXP and eCS1.1 machines. Relevant file systems are NTFS and JFS. I tried ftp from WinXP command prompt to eCS, no go. Then I tried to share the NTFS drive ...

  1. >2GB file transfer over the LAN

    Hi,

    I am trying to transfer files >2G between my WinXP and eCS1.1 machines. Relevant file
    systems are NTFS and JFS. I tried ftp from WinXP command prompt to eCS, no go.
    Then I tried to share the NTFS drive from WinXP to eCS1.1 over P2P and use a simple copy
    command. No go either.

    Does anyone know of a way how to transfer such files that would not involve DVD-RW and
    such?

    Thanks

  2. Re: >2GB file transfer over the LAN

    On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:42:15 -0500 (EST), FEEB wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am trying to transfer files >2G between my WinXP and eCS1.1 machines. Relevant file
    >systems are NTFS and JFS. I tried ftp from WinXP command prompt to eCS, no go.
    >Then I tried to share the NTFS drive from WinXP to eCS1.1 over P2P and use a simple

    copy
    >command. No go either.
    >
    >Does anyone know of a way how to transfer such files that would not involve DVD-RW and
    >such?
    >
    >Thanks

    I found one way: while normally I use 4OS2 shell, transfer over P2P requires CMD shell.
    Then it works OK.

    Are there any other ways of doing the transfer?

    Thanks

  3. Re: >2GB file transfer over the LAN

    On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 23:42:15 UTC in comp.os.os2.apps, "FEEB"
    wrote:

    > I am trying to transfer files >2G between my WinXP and eCS1.1 machines. Relevant file
    > systems are NTFS and JFS. I tried ftp from WinXP command prompt to eCS, no go.
    > Then I tried to share the NTFS drive from WinXP to eCS1.1 over P2P and use a simple copy
    > command. No go either.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a way how to transfer such files that would not involve DVD-RW and
    > such?

    There are updated versions of ftp/ftpd that support >2GB files. Google will know
    the link that I don't.

    --
    Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK.
    Trevor-Hemsley at dsl dot pipex dot com