what to do with these amule files - OS2

This is a discussion on what to do with these amule files - OS2 ; I have the recent port of amule running but the completed files are all stored in my aMule\TEMP directory in this format: size: filename: 57,000K 024.part 381 024.part.met 381 024.part.met.bak The completed file is not being renamed to it's original ...

  1. what to do with these amule files

    I have the recent port of amule running but the completed files are all
    stored in my aMule\TEMP directory in this format:
    size: filename:
    57,000K 024.part
    381 024.part.met
    381 024.part.met.bak

    The completed file is not being renamed to it's original state, i.e.
    Allman Brothers Band - Hittin' The Note.rar

    Anyone else using it successfully?

    --

    =========================
    Bart

    Toronto

  2. Re: what to do with these amule files

    Bart wrote on 13.01.06 00:36 :
    > I have the recent port of amule running but the completed files are all
    > stored in my aMule\TEMP directory in this format:
    > size: filename:
    > 57,000K 024.part
    > 381 024.part.met
    > 381 024.part.met.bak
    >
    > The completed file is not being renamed to it's original state, i.e.
    > Allman Brothers Band - Hittin' The Note.rar
    >
    > Anyone else using it successfully?

    Are you sure it is completed? aMule transfers files in chunks. The
    preferred strategy is to download the first and last chunk as soon as
    possible. Chunks in between are filled with placeholders. So you have a
    file, that has its final size while not beeing completely downloaded.

    In your case, try to manually copy the file to "somename.rar" and test
    the archive with a rar utility.

    --
    Bye/2
    Meinolf

  3. Re: what to do with these amule files

    Dana Thu, 12 Jan 2006 23:36:52 UTC, Bart
    napisa:

    > I have the recent port of amule running but the completed files are all
    > stored in my aMule\TEMP directory in this format:
    > size: filename:
    > 57,000K 024.part
    > 381 024.part.met
    > 381 024.part.met.bak
    >
    > The completed file is not being renamed to it's original state, i.e.
    > Allman Brothers Band - Hittin' The Note.rar
    >
    > Anyone else using it successfully?

    Well, I use eMule under Winblow$ but if you are SURE that files are
    complete, why not just rename them manually?

    --
    Pozdrav iz Doboja, Republika Srpska. Posjetite http://www.srpska.com

  4. Re: what to do with these amule files

    Sinisa Pavlovic wrote:
    > Dana Thu, 12 Jan 2006 23:36:52 UTC, Bart
    > napisa:
    >
    >> I have the recent port of amule running but the completed files are all
    >> stored in my aMule\TEMP directory in this format:
    >> size: filename:
    >> 57,000K 024.part
    >> 381 024.part.met
    >> 381 024.part.met.bak
    >>
    >> The completed file is not being renamed to it's original state, i.e.
    >> Allman Brothers Band - Hittin' The Note.rar
    >>
    >> Anyone else using it successfully?

    > Well, I use eMule under Winblow$ but if you are SURE that files are
    > complete, why not just rename them manually?

    Yes, that works
    But what a PITA

    --

    =========================
    Bart

    Toronto

  5. Re: what to do with these amule files

    Bart wrote:
    > Sinisa Pavlovic wrote:
    >
    >> Dana Thu, 12 Jan 2006 23:36:52 UTC, Bart
    >> napisa:
    >>
    >>> I have the recent port of amule running but the completed files are
    >>> all stored in my aMule\TEMP directory in this format:
    >>> size: filename:
    >>> 57,000K 024.part
    >>> 381 024.part.met
    >>> 381 024.part.met.bak
    >>>
    >>> The completed file is not being renamed to it's original state, i.e.
    >>> Allman Brothers Band - Hittin' The Note.rar
    >>>
    >>> Anyone else using it successfully?

    >> Well, I use eMule under Winblow$ but if you are SURE that files are
    >> complete, why not just rename them manually?
    >>

    > Yes, that works
    > But what a PITA

    Why are you using aMule as opposed to Xnap, Limewire or Phex?
    I took at look at aMule and the setup alone is enough to dissuade
    even the knowledgeable from trying to make it work.

  6. Re: what to do with these amule files

    Sinisa Pavlovic wrote:
    > Dana Thu, 12 Jan 2006 23:36:52 UTC, Bart
    > napisa:
    >
    >> I have the recent port of amule running but the completed files are all
    >> stored in my aMule\TEMP directory in this format:
    >> size: filename:
    >> 57,000K 024.part
    >> 381 024.part.met
    >> 381 024.part.met.bak
    >>
    >> The completed file is not being renamed to it's original state, i.e.
    >> Allman Brothers Band - Hittin' The Note.rar
    >>
    >> Anyone else using it successfully?

    > Well, I use eMule under Winblow$ but if you are SURE that files are
    > complete, why not just rename them manually?

    That works for a video file, but does not work for completed rar files,
    I always get error about corrupted header or similar

    Any one else out there using amule for OS/2?

    --

    =========================
    Bart

    Toronto

  7. Re: what to do with these amule files

    Sinisa Pavlovic wrote:
    > Dana Thu, 12 Jan 2006 23:36:52 UTC, Bart
    > napisa:
    >
    >> I have the recent port of amule running but the completed files are
    >> all stored in my aMule\TEMP directory in this format: size:
    >> filename: 57,000K 024.part 381 024.part.met 381 024.part.met.bak
    >>

    >> The completed file is not being renamed to it's original state,
    >> i.e. Allman Brothers Band - Hittin' The Note.rar
    >>
    >> Anyone else using it successfully?

    > Well, I use eMule under Winblow$ but if you are SURE that files are
    > complete, why not just rename them manually?

    renaming the video/audio files works, but renaming the rar files does
    not work ("corrupt header" type of error)

    Anyone else got this working correctly?

    --

    Bart

    Toronto