Re: Clipview 3.1 is released and is on Hobbes - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: Clipview 3.1 is released and is on Hobbes - OS2 ; Bonjour Jacques and all the others. On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:32:15 UTC, Jacques Jamain wrote: > ... thanks Dave for this nicety, as an addict of the cut and paste > I can't understand how I missed it until ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Re: Clipview 3.1 is released and is on Hobbes

  1. Re: Clipview 3.1 is released and is on Hobbes

    Bonjour Jacques and all the others.

    On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:32:15 UTC, Jacques Jamain wrote:
    > ... thanks Dave for this nicety, as an addict of the cut and paste
    > I can't understand how I missed it until this week...

    And I hope you will enjoy the very last features available for download on
    Dave's site.

    > Just a few comment as a new user, it could be useful to have a mode
    > where a new clip line will be added automagically after each cut
    > (until they reach 21 hopefully instead of cycling among those
    > previously defined.

    Since we are talking about making Dave working harder on CliView...

    I would have liked to see the ability for ClipView to "see" the other types
    of documents going through the clipboard (multimedia and other) instead of
    ignoring them. They would (optionnally) use one of the 21 lines but would
    be replaced by an icon.

    All the various clips could also be replaced by icons with 2 tiny buttons
    below (for the lock/add and select functions). A bubble help would shwo the
    content of the clip. Clip view would then take as less room as possible on
    my 1600x1200 desktop... (;-)

    Even more : all the clips could be represented as a tiny preview...

    An optional customizable toolbar would be neat. It would allow a clip to be
    added/removed/saved/cleared/reordered/...

    > By the way if you can explain why it's not possible to use this
    > method to cut text in the INF files,

    As you've been answered, NewView (included in eCS) allows this. NewView has
    many other interesting features.

    Dave, if you need some more weird ideas... (;-)
    See you.
    --
    Guillaume Gay [ Ich bin ein Merliner ]
    =(mail)==> g u i l l a u m e . g a y @ b i g f o o t . c o m
    =(IRC)=> "GG" on #eCSfr, #eCS, ... (irc://irc.ecomstation.com/)
    ====> OS/2 enabled
    ==> SPAM blocker: NoLeSPAM!

  2. Re: Clipview 3.1 is released and is on Hobbes

    On 12 Jan 2006 21:39:56 GMT, Guillaume Gay wrote:

    >Bonjour Jacques and all the others.
    >
    >On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:32:15 UTC, Jacques Jamain wrote:
    >> ... thanks Dave for this nicety, as an addict of the cut and paste
    >> I can't understand how I missed it until this week...

    >And I hope you will enjoy the very last features available for download on
    >Dave's site.
    >
    >> Just a few comment as a new user, it could be useful to have a mode
    >> where a new clip line will be added automagically after each cut
    >> (until they reach 21 hopefully instead of cycling among those
    >> previously defined.

    >Since we are talking about making Dave working harder on CliView...
    >
    >I would have liked to see the ability for ClipView to "see" the other types
    >of documents going through the clipboard (multimedia and other) instead of
    >ignoring them. They would (optionnally) use one of the 21 lines but would
    >be replaced by an icon.
    >
    >All the various clips could also be replaced by icons with 2 tiny buttons
    >below (for the lock/add and select functions). A bubble help would shwo the
    >content of the clip. Clip view would then take as less room as possible on
    >my 1600x1200 desktop... (;-)
    >
    >Even more : all the clips could be represented as a tiny preview...
    >
    >An optional customizable toolbar would be neat. It would allow a clip to be
    >added/removed/saved/cleared/reordered/...


    Interesting ideas :-)

    ClipView has been growing for around ten years and very very few people have
    asked for more that text support. I have considered it - but it really consists
    a lot more PM programming than I care to do. Also, do you *really* want 21
    large graphics files taking up RAM? OK worst case, but you see what I mean. I
    thought about the clip contents in a bubble before I put in the "View Clip" in
    3.1 so you could see locked clips in full, but as I had no idea *how* to go
    about it used a dialog box. A downer for the "all icons" approach is that you
    would most likely forget what each clip had and would have to mouse over the
    lot to find something you clipped some time back. Even worse, consider that
    using the keyboard - I have some users who can't use a mouse. Try shrinking the
    window sideways until you can just see the first character of a
    clip............

    As a mouth waterer, ClipView 3.2 is under way after some valuable feedback from
    the sessions at Warpstock Europe.

    The two main features, when I figure out how :-), will be:
    A secondary support file that will have lines like this

    |

    On startup this file will be read and and an extra pull right menu added to the
    RMB menu consisting of all "descriptions". When a "description" is selected
    then the clip in question will be piped into the "command"s STDIN and the
    STDOUT captured in another clip.

    The second feature *could* be done with the above, but there was support for it
    as a option in it's own right. You will be aware that ClipView can "catch"
    things that look like URLs, the idea is an option that the first time a new URL
    hits the clipboard it will be passed on to a (open?) browser.

    Needless to say there is no timescale - SWMBO thinks I spend too much time
    programming as it is :-)

    --

    Regards

    Dave Saville

    NB Remove no-spam- for good email address



  3. Re: Clipview 3.1 is released and is on Hobbes

    In article ,
    "Dave Saville" wrote:

    hi Dave,

    might you add a font setting or make the program store a dropped
    font in its initialization file (and reload it on the next start) ?

    --
    bye
    Alessandro

  4. Re: Clipview 3.1 is released and is on Hobbes

    On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 08:31:00 +0100, Alessandro wrote:

    >In article ,
    >"Dave Saville" wrote:
    >
    >hi Dave,
    >
    >might you add a font setting or make the program store a dropped
    >font in its initialization file (and reload it on the next start) ?


    Not very high on the to do list - Even if I knew how :-)

    All this pretty GUI stuff takes more time & code than handling the clips. :-)

    However, if anyone is using a non standard default font that is not showing in
    the clips correctly - Say too big, then please contact me for a test of a
    feature that ought to go someway towards fixing this.

    Also, someone recently reported a problem with editing/saving/printing and
    CRLF's I have lost the details. Again please contact me for a beta fix.

    Thanks.

    --

    Regards

    Dave Saville

    NB Remove no-spam- for good email address



  5. Re: Clipview 3.1 is released and is on Hobbes

    On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 09:47:26 UTC, "Dave Saville"
    wrote:

    > On 12 Jan 2006 21:39:56 GMT, Guillaume Gay wrote:
    >
    > >Bonjour Jacques and all the others.
    > >
    > >On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:32:15 UTC, Jacques Jamain wrote:
    > >> ... thanks Dave for this nicety, as an addict of the cut and paste
    > >> I can't understand how I missed it until this week...

    > >And I hope you will enjoy the very last features available for download on
    > >Dave's site.
    > >
    > >> Just a few comment as a new user, it could be useful to have a mode
    > >> where a new clip line will be added automagically after each cut
    > >> (until they reach 21 hopefully instead of cycling among those
    > >> previously defined.

    > >Since we are talking about making Dave working harder on CliView...
    > >
    > >I would have liked to see the ability for ClipView to "see" the other types
    > >of documents going through the clipboard (multimedia and other) instead of
    > >ignoring them. They would (optionnally) use one of the 21 lines but would
    > >be replaced by an icon.
    > >
    > >All the various clips could also be replaced by icons with 2 tiny buttons
    > >below (for the lock/add and select functions). A bubble help would shwo the
    > >content of the clip. Clip view would then take as less room as possible on
    > >my 1600x1200 desktop... (;-)
    > >
    > >Even more : all the clips could be represented as a tiny preview...
    > >
    > >An optional customizable toolbar would be neat. It would allow a clip to be
    > >added/removed/saved/cleared/reordered/...

    >
    > Interesting ideas :-)
    >
    > ClipView has been growing for around ten years and very very few people have
    > asked for more that text support. I have considered it - but it really consists
    > a lot more PM programming than I care to do.

    Support for non-text is one of the things I have really wished that
    Clipview had.
    Andy

  6. Re: Clipview 3.1 is released and is on Hobbes

    On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 09:47:26 UTC, "Dave Saville"
    wrote:

    Hello, Dave:

    > . . . thought about the clip contents in a bubble before I put in the "View Clip"
    > in 3.1 so you could see locked clips in full . . .


    * I'd like the View Clip dialogue to be resizeable. Even though I've
    got a large desktop, I must horizontally scroll the View Clip box to see
    the whole line.

    * Can I have more than 21 clips? I'm not ready for 100 yet, but I do
    find that I like to have a deeper "history" of clips than 21. I'd pay a
    modest fee for this feature -- unless you think that'll spoil you.

    --
    Regards,
    Al S. 

  7. Re: Clipview 3.1 is released and is on Hobbes

    On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 18:13:46 -0000, Al Savage wrote:

    >On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 09:47:26 UTC, "Dave Saville"
    > wrote:
    >
    >Hello, Dave:
    >
    >> . . . thought about the clip contents in a bubble before I put in the "View Clip"
    >> in 3.1 so you could see locked clips in full . . .

    >
    >* I'd like the View Clip dialogue to be resizeable. Even though I've
    >got a large desktop, I must horizontally scroll the View Clip box to see
    >the whole line.
    >


    On the to do list :-)

    >* Can I have more than 21 clips? I'm not ready for 100 yet, but I do
    >find that I like to have a deeper "history" of clips than 21. I'd pay a
    >modest fee for this feature -- unless you think that'll spoil you.


    Problem with this is that at some screen resolutions it is going to be taller
    than the screen. At least it no longer puts the title bar off the top. Can you
    not run two copies with the least used stuff in the second? A lot of users seem
    to to that.

    --

    Regards

    Dave Saville

    NB Remove no-spam- for good email address



+ Reply to Thread