RFD: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy unmoderated - OS2

This is a discussion on RFD: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy unmoderated - OS2 ; REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD) remove comp.os.os2.advocacy This is a formal Request For Discussion (RFD) to remove the unmoderated newsgroup comp.os.os2.advocacy. RATIONALE: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy * The operating system OS/2 is dead and unavailable. * No one cares about IBM's OS/2 any ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 84

  1. RFD: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy unmoderated

    REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD)
    remove comp.os.os2.advocacy

    This is a formal Request For Discussion (RFD) to remove the unmoderated
    newsgroup comp.os.os2.advocacy.

    RATIONALE: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy

    * The operating system OS/2 is dead and unavailable.
    * No one cares about IBM's OS/2 any longer.
    * There is no longer anything for which to advocate.
    * Removal would free news servers from the burden of carrying it.

    HISTORY:

    The newsgroup comp.os.os2.advocacy was created in the 1990s when OS/2
    was already headed toward oblivion.

    CHARTER:

    I cannot find an official charter for this group.

    DISTRIBUTION:

    This document has been posted to the following newsgroups:

    comp.os.os2.advocacy (unmoderated)
    news.groups (unmoderated)

    PROPONENT:

    Art Deco

    CHANGE HISTORY:

    2007-09-29 1st RFD

    as designated by Brad Guth
    COOSN-266-06-39716

  2. Re: RFD: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy unmoderated

    Art Deco writes:

    > * The operating system OS/2 is dead and unavailable.

    > * No one cares about IBM's OS/2 any longer.

    >* There is no longer anything for which to advocate.

    > * Removal would free news servers from the burden of carrying it.

    You mean carrying your and your kook friends' postings to it, Deco.

  3. Re: RFD: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy unmoderated

    On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 13:08:45 -0600, Art Deco wrote:

    > This is a formal Request For Discussion (RFD) to remove the unmoderated
    > newsgroup comp.os.os2.advocacy.
    >

    > RATIONALE: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy
    >
    > * The operating system OS/2 is dead and unavailable.
    > * No one cares about IBM's OS/2 any longer.
    > * There is no longer anything for which to advocate.
    > * Removal would free news servers from the burden of carrying it.

    All excellent reasons to remove it immediately.

  4. Re: RFD: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy unmoderated

    tholen@antispam.ham wrote in news:46fea8b2$0$26408
    $4c368faf@roadrunner.com:

    > Art Deco writes:
    >
    >> * The operating system OS/2 is dead and unavailable.

    > Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim.

    Really? Where can I get it and for what supported architecture?

    >> * No one cares about IBM's OS/2 any longer.

    > Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim.

    Cutting and pasting your *opinion* doesn't say much for your credibility.

    >>* There is no longer anything for which to advocate.

    > Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim.

    See above. IBM now is pushing Linux for all it's midrange and mainframe
    computers. Show me where IBM is selling desktops or laptops with OS/2.

    How's that for substance, Tholen?

    >> * Removal would free news servers from the burden of carrying it.

    > You mean carrying your and your kook friends' postings to it, Deco.

    comp.os.os2.advocacy is a haven for trolls and kooks. Keep pushing your
    luck and I'll hold an election for an Official Overseer that'll keep your
    lame act in line.

    --
    Cujo - The Official Overseer of Kooks and Trolls
    in dfw.*, alt.paranormal, alt.astrology and alt.astrology.metapsych.

  5. Re: RFD: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy unmoderated

    Meat Plow wrote in news:19j3tc.sj8.17.1@news.alt.net:

    > On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 13:08:45 -0600, Art Deco wrote:
    >
    >> This is a formal Request For Discussion (RFD) to remove the unmoderated
    >> newsgroup comp.os.os2.advocacy.
    >>

    >> RATIONALE: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy
    >>
    >> * The operating system OS/2 is dead and unavailable.
    >> * No one cares about IBM's OS/2 any longer.
    >> * There is no longer anything for which to advocate.
    >> * Removal would free news servers from the burden of carrying it.

    > All excellent reasons to remove it immediately.

    me too!

    --
    Cujo - The Official Overseer of Kooks and Trolls
    in dfw.*, alt.paranormal, alt.astrology and alt.astrology.metapsych.
    COOSN-266-06-01895 - Supreme Holy Overlord of alt.****nozzles
    Winner of the 8/2000 & 2/2003 HL&S award & July 2005 Hammer of Thor.
    Winning Trainer - Barbara Woodhouse Memorial Dog Whistle - Dec. 2005
    "Yes, anyone can give their power away to illusions, be it the
    Christian cult, or astrology." - Ed, getting his act confused with
    more successful scammers.

  6. Re: RFD: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy unmoderated

    On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 13:08:45 -0600, in the land of news.groups, Art
    Deco got double secret probation for writing:

    > REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD)
    > remove comp.os.os2.advocacy
    >
    >This is a formal Request For Discussion (RFD) to remove the unmoderated
    >newsgroup comp.os.os2.advocacy.
    >

    >RATIONALE: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy
    >
    >* The operating system OS/2 is dead and unavailable.
    >* No one cares about IBM's OS/2 any longer.
    >* There is no longer anything for which to advocate.
    >* Removal would free news servers from the burden of carrying it.
    >

    >HISTORY:
    >
    >The newsgroup comp.os.os2.advocacy was created in the 1990s when OS/2
    >was already headed toward oblivion.
    >

    >CHARTER:
    >
    >I cannot find an official charter for this group.
    >

    >DISTRIBUTION:
    >
    >This document has been posted to the following newsgroups:
    >
    > comp.os.os2.advocacy (unmoderated)
    > news.groups (unmoderated)
    >

    >PROPONENT:
    >
    >Art Deco
    >

    >CHANGE HISTORY:
    >
    >2007-09-29 1st RFD

    Mr. Deco, as a regular of news.groups I must advise you that your RFD
    is not valid until posted to news.announce.newgroups. I also advise
    posting the RFD to news.groups.proposals so that the b8 management
    board may take this proposal up in the treehouse.

    --

    Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?

    Aratzio - Usenet ruiner #2

  7. Re: RFD: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy unmoderated

    Aratzio wrote:

    >On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 13:08:45 -0600, in the land of news.groups, Art
    >Deco got double secret probation for writing:
    >
    >> REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD)
    >> remove comp.os.os2.advocacy
    >>
    >>This is a formal Request For Discussion (RFD) to remove the unmoderated
    >>newsgroup comp.os.os2.advocacy.
    >>

    >>RATIONALE: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy
    >>
    >>* The operating system OS/2 is dead and unavailable.
    >>* No one cares about IBM's OS/2 any longer.
    >>* There is no longer anything for which to advocate.
    >>* Removal would free news servers from the burden of carrying it.
    >>

    >>HISTORY:
    >>
    >>The newsgroup comp.os.os2.advocacy was created in the 1990s when OS/2
    >>was already headed toward oblivion.
    >>

    >>CHARTER:
    >>
    >>I cannot find an official charter for this group.
    >>

    >>DISTRIBUTION:
    >>
    >>This document has been posted to the following newsgroups:
    >>
    >> comp.os.os2.advocacy (unmoderated)
    >> news.groups (unmoderated)
    >>

    >>PROPONENT:
    >>
    >>Art Deco
    >>

    >>CHANGE HISTORY:
    >>
    >>2007-09-29 1st RFD

    >Mr. Deco, as a regular of news.groups I must advise you that your RFD
    >is not valid until posted to news.announce.newgroups. I also advise
    >posting the RFD to news.groups.proposals so that the b8 management
    >board may take this proposal up in the treehouse.

    Oh, I guess I'm new to all this, sorry. I'll make a 2nd RFD based on
    the discussion thus far and post it to the newsgroups that you
    recommend.

    as designated by Brad Guth
    COOSN-266-06-39716

  8. Re: RFD: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy unmoderated

    tholen@antispam.ham wrote:
    > Art Deco writes:
    >
    >> * The operating system OS/2 is dead and unavailable.

    > Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim.

    Where can you purchase the system? I have an old IBM laptop that is
    currently running windows, an operating system I've never liked much and
    am thinking of replacing.

  9. Re: RFD: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy unmoderated

    In article <46fef1e5$0$4801$8f2e0ebb@news.shared-secrets.com>,
    Lora Crighton wrote:

    > tholen@antispam.ham wrote:
    > > Art Deco writes:
    > >
    > >> * The operating system OS/2 is dead and unavailable.

    > > Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim.
    > >

    > Where can you purchase the system? I have an old IBM laptop that is
    > currently running windows, an operating system I've never liked much and
    > am thinking of replacing.

    While it certainly is dead, it is still available on eBay. I see
    several versions there - 2.1, 3 and 4.

    Bob Campbell

  10. Re: RFD: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy unmoderated

    Meat Plow writes:

    > Art Deco wrote:

    >> This is a formal Request For Discussion (RFD) to remove the unmoderated
    >> newsgroup comp.os.os2.advocacy.
    >>
    >> RATIONALE: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy
    >>
    >> * The operating system OS/2 is dead and unavailable.
    >> * No one cares about IBM's OS/2 any longer.
    >> * There is no longer anything for which to advocate.
    >> * Removal would free news servers from the burden of carrying it.

    > All excellent reasons to remove it immediately.

    Classic illogic. Those reasons apply to all OS/2-related newsgroups,
    yet Art Deco, and now you, are interested in only removing one of them.
    How transparent can you be, Plow?

  11. Re: RFD: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy unmoderated

    On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 01:07:32 UTC, Lora Crighton
    wrote:

    -> tholen@antispam.ham wrote:
    -> > Art Deco writes:
    -> >
    -> >> * The operating system OS/2 is dead and unavailable.
    -> >
    -> > Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim.
    -> >
    ->
    -> Where can you purchase the system? I have an old IBM laptop that is
    -> currently running windows, an operating system I've never liked much and
    -> am thinking of replacing.

    See http://www.ecomstation.com This is a currently supported OEM
    version of IBM's OS/2. You can no longer buy OS/2 from IBM. If its a
    really old laptop (like a 486 or has less than 32MB of RAM) then you
    may want to find a copy of OS/2 Warp 4 off of eBay since it has a bit
    lower resource requirements.

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.warpstock.eu

  12. Re: RFD: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy unmoderated

    Cujo DeSockpuppet writes:

    >> Art Deco wrote:

    >>> * The operating system OS/2 is dead and unavailable.

    >> Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim.

    > Really?

    Really.

    See www.ecomstation.com, Cujo.

    > and for what supported architecture?

    The same supported architecture as before, Cujo.

    >>> * No one cares about IBM's OS/2 any longer.

    >> Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim.

    > Cutting and pasting your *opinion* doesn't say much for your credibility.

    Classic erroneous presupposition that I cut and pasted any opinion,
    Cujo. It's a fact that someone still cares about OS/2, Cujo.
    Witness ongoing availability of Firefox, Thunderbird, and Seamonkey
    for OS/2, Cujo.

    >>> * There is no longer anything for which to advocate.

    >> Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim.

    > See above.

    See my response above.

    > IBM now is pushing Linux for all it's midrange and mainframe
    > computers. Show me where IBM is selling desktops or laptops with OS/2.

    Irrelevant, given that Art Deco's claim is that "No one" cares about
    OS/2 any longer, which includes far more than just IBM, Cujo.

    > How's that for substance, Tholen?

    You miswrote "substance" for "illogic" on your part, Cujo.

    >>> * Removal would free news servers from the burden of carrying it.

    >> You mean carrying your and your kook friends' postings to it, Deco.

    > comp.os.os2.advocacy is a haven for trolls and kooks.

    It's not the only newsgroup where trolls and kooks hang out, Cujo.
    Why not propose to remove all of them? Classic inconsistency.

    > Keep pushing your luck and I'll hold an election for an Official
    > Overseer that'll keep your lame act in line.

    Classic erroneous presupposition of some "lame act" on my part,
    Cujo. Rather ironic, coming from someone using lame reasoning,
    such as yourself, Cujo.

  13. Re: RFD: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy unmoderated

    Cujo DeSockpuppet writes:

    > Meat Plow wrote:

    >> Art Deco wrote:

    >>> This is a formal Request For Discussion (RFD) to remove the unmoderated
    >>> newsgroup comp.os.os2.advocacy.
    >>>
    >>> RATIONALE: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy
    >>>
    >>> * The operating system OS/2 is dead and unavailable.
    >>> * No one cares about IBM's OS/2 any longer.
    >>> * There is no longer anything for which to advocate.
    >>> * Removal would free news servers from the burden of carrying it.

    >> All excellent reasons to remove it immediately.

    > me too!

    So you want to be removed immediately, Cujo?

  14. Re: RFD: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy unmoderated

    Aratzio writes:

    > Art Deco wrote:

    >> REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD)
    >> remove comp.os.os2.advocacy
    >>
    >> This is a formal Request For Discussion (RFD) to remove the unmoderated
    >> newsgroup comp.os.os2.advocacy.
    >>
    >> RATIONALE: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy
    >>
    >> * The operating system OS/2 is dead and unavailable.
    >> * No one cares about IBM's OS/2 any longer.
    >> * There is no longer anything for which to advocate.
    >> * Removal would free news servers from the burden of carrying it.
    >>
    >> HISTORY:
    >>
    >> The newsgroup comp.os.os2.advocacy was created in the 1990s when OS/2
    >> was already headed toward oblivion.
    >>
    >> CHARTER:
    >>
    >> I cannot find an official charter for this group.
    >>
    >> DISTRIBUTION:
    >>
    >> This document has been posted to the following newsgroups:
    >>
    >> comp.os.os2.advocacy (unmoderated)
    >> news.groups (unmoderated)
    >>
    >> PROPONENT:
    >>
    >> Art Deco
    >>
    >> CHANGE HISTORY:
    >>
    >> 2007-09-29 1st RFD

    > Mr. Deco, as a regular of news.groups I must advise you that your RFD
    > is not valid until posted to news.announce.newgroups.

    You forgot to mention that his RFD isn't even true, Aratzio.

  15. Re: RFD: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy unmoderated

    Art Deco writes:

    > Aratzio wrote:

    >> Art Deco wrote:

    >>> REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD)
    >>> remove comp.os.os2.advocacy
    >>>
    >>> This is a formal Request For Discussion (RFD) to remove the unmoderated
    >>> newsgroup comp.os.os2.advocacy.
    >>>
    >>> RATIONALE: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy
    >>>
    >>> * The operating system OS/2 is dead and unavailable.
    >>> * No one cares about IBM's OS/2 any longer.
    >>> * There is no longer anything for which to advocate.
    >>> * Removal would free news servers from the burden of carrying it.
    >>>
    >>> HISTORY:
    >>>
    >>> The newsgroup comp.os.os2.advocacy was created in the 1990s when OS/2
    >>> was already headed toward oblivion.
    >>>
    >>> CHARTER:
    >>>
    >>> I cannot find an official charter for this group.
    >>>
    >>> DISTRIBUTION:
    >>>
    >>> This document has been posted to the following newsgroups:
    >>>
    >>> comp.os.os2.advocacy (unmoderated)
    >>> news.groups (unmoderated)
    >>>
    >>> PROPONENT:
    >>>
    >>> Art Deco
    >>>
    >>> CHANGE HISTORY:
    >>>
    >>> 2007-09-29 1st RFD

    >> Mr. Deco, as a regular of news.groups I must advise you that your RFD
    >> is not valid until posted to news.announce.newgroups. I also advise
    >> posting the RFD to news.groups.proposals so that the b8 management
    >> board may take this proposal up in the treehouse.

    > Oh, I guess I'm new to all this, sorry.

    But you're not new to lying, Deco.

    > I'll make a 2nd RFD based on
    > the discussion thus far and post it to the newsgroups that you
    > recommend.

    That'll be the day.

  16. Re: RFD: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy unmoderated

    See www.ecomstation.com.

    > I have an old IBM laptop that is
    > currently running windows, an operating system I've never liked much and
    > am thinking of replacing.

    Download the demo CD and try it out on the hardware.

  17. Re: RFD: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy unmoderated

    Bob Campbell writes:

    > Lora Crighton wrote:

    >>> Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim.

    >> Where can you purchase the system? I have an old IBM laptop that is
    >> currently running windows, an operating system I've never liked much and
    >> am thinking of replacing.

    > While it certainly is dead,

    > it is still available on eBay.

    You don't have to resort to eBay, Campbell.

    > I see several versions there - 2.1, 3 and 4.

    You can do better.

  18. Re: RFD: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy unmoderated

    On 30 Sep 2007 01:53:56 GMT, in the land of news.groups,
    tholen@antispam.ham got double secret probation for writing:

    >Aratzio writes:
    >
    >> Art Deco wrote:

    >>> REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD)
    >>> remove comp.os.os2.advocacy
    >>>
    >>> This is a formal Request For Discussion (RFD) to remove the unmoderated
    >>> newsgroup comp.os.os2.advocacy.
    >>>
    >>> RATIONALE: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy
    >>>
    >>> * The operating system OS/2 is dead and unavailable.
    >>> * No one cares about IBM's OS/2 any longer.
    >>> * There is no longer anything for which to advocate.
    >>> * Removal would free news servers from the burden of carrying it.
    >>>
    >>> HISTORY:
    >>>
    >>> The newsgroup comp.os.os2.advocacy was created in the 1990s when OS/2
    >>> was already headed toward oblivion.
    >>>
    >>> CHARTER:
    >>>
    >>> I cannot find an official charter for this group.
    >>>
    >>> DISTRIBUTION:
    >>>
    >>> This document has been posted to the following newsgroups:
    >>>
    >>> comp.os.os2.advocacy (unmoderated)
    >>> news.groups (unmoderated)
    >>>
    >>> PROPONENT:
    >>>
    >>> Art Deco
    >>>
    >>> CHANGE HISTORY:
    >>>
    >>> 2007-09-29 1st RFD

    >> Mr. Deco, as a regular of news.groups I must advise you that your RFD
    >> is not valid until posted to news.announce.newgroups.

    >You forgot to mention that his RFD isn't even true, Aratzio.

    Your comment is irrelevant and nonsensical, Tholen, since I was not
    writing as to the veracity nor the validity of the proposal, simply
    the correct method of submission.

    Please take your off-topic commentary elsewhere.

    --

    Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?

    Aratzio - Usenet ruiner #2

  19. Re: RFD: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy unmoderated

    Aratzio writes:

    >>> Mr. Deco, as a regular of news.groups I must advise you that your RFD
    >>> is not valid until posted to news.announce.newgroups.

    >> You forgot to mention that his RFD isn't even true, Aratzio.

    > Your comment is irrelevant

    > and nonsensical,

    > Tholen, since I was not writing as to the veracity nor the validity of
    > the proposal,

    Irrelevant, given that I never said that you were, Aratzio.

    > simply the correct method of submission.

    A correct method should include factual information, Aratzio, something
    that Art Deco failed to do, and something that you failed to mention.

    > Please take your off-topic commentary elsewhere.

    Classic erroneous presupposition of off-topic commentary.

  20. Re: RFD: remove comp.os.os2.advocacy unmoderated

    On 30 Sep 2007 02:16:41 GMT, in the land of news.groups,
    tholen@antispam.ham got double secret probation for writing:

    >>> You forgot to mention that his RFD isn't even true, Aratzio.

    >> Your comment is irrelevant

    >Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim.

    Quite easily established, as I demonstrated.

    >> and nonsensical,

    >Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim.

    Quite easily established and substantiated by your own foolish
    efforts.

    >> Tholen, since I was not writing as to the veracity nor the validity of
    >> the proposal,

    >Irrelevant, given that I never said that you were, Aratzio.

    Yes, correct, your non sequitur had nothing to do with what was
    written, glad you realize that.

    >> simply the correct method of submission.

    >A correct method should include factual information, Aratzio, something
    >that Art Deco failed to do, and something that you failed to mention.

    Fallacious and ignorant. Since you obviously have no understanding of
    the RFD submission process as developed by the Big-8 management board.
    Will you be correcting the Big-8 management boards on their published
    procedures or will you accept that a submission evaluated after it is
    posted in NAN.

    >> Please take your off-topic commentary elsewhere.

    >Classic erroneous presupposition of off-topic commentary.

    Your postting of a non sequitur to a factual statement is the very
    defintion of off-topic.

    Please relieve your ignorance and learn the proper procedures for
    posting of RFDs before continuing.