Re: The ultimate liberal slam - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: The ultimate liberal slam - OS2 ; ..p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote: > On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:26:20 -0400, .p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com > wrote: > > > > Why is it that when I was a kid, long pre-Reagan, every time I > >took the LIRR into the city and Grand ...

  1. Re: The ultimate liberal slam

    ..p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:
    > On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:26:20 -0400, .p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com
    > wrote:
    >

    > > Why is it that when I was a kid, long pre-Reagan, every time I
    > >took the LIRR into the city and Grand Central, the hallways and
    > >beaches were COVERED with homeless bums ?

    > And the BENCHES, too :-)

    A0L! You had me worried there for a minute. Of course, homelessness
    really took off during the Great Depression.

  2. Re: The ultimate liberal slam

    They were probably homeless because if you took the LIRR home you'd never
    get there from GCT.

    "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" wrote in message
    news:1190941308.438602.159630@y42g2000hsy.googlegr oups.com...
    > .p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:
    >> On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:26:20 -0400, .p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >> > Why is it that when I was a kid, long pre-Reagan, every time I
    >> >took the LIRR into the city and Grand Central, the hallways and
    >> >beaches were COVERED with homeless bums ?

    >> And the BENCHES, too :-)

    > A0L! You had me worried there for a minute. Of course, homelessness
    > really took off during the Great Depression.

  3. Re: The ultimate liberal slam

    'Beaches' was a typo, not a reference to the Rockaways et al :-) As
    bst I recall, there were no actual beaches inside GCS :-)

    On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 03:49:29 GMT, "Ed\(NY\)"
    wrote:

    >They were probably homeless because if you took the LIRR home you'd never
    >get there from GCT.
    >

    >"Michael Baldwin, Bruce" wrote in message
    >news:1190941308.438602.159630@y42g2000hsy.googlegr oups.com...
    >> .p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

    >>> And the BENCHES, too :-)

    >> A0L! You had me worried there for a minute. Of course, homelessness
    >> really took off during the Great Depression.

    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

    'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
    HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
    Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/

  4. Re: The ultimate liberal slam

    On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 23:57:59 -0400, .p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com
    wrote:

    >'Beaches' was a typo, not a reference to the Rockaways et al :-) As
    >bst I recall, there were no actual beaches inside GCS :-)

    No LIRR trains either.

    --
    Peter Schleifer
    "Save me from the people who would save me from myself"

  5. Re: The ultimate liberal slam

    No, Cuomo let out the nuthouses in order to argue Reagan was creating
    poverty. Koch, who eventually rounded some of them up, still had them
    counting college students living at home as homeless.

    - = -
    http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
    [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]

  6. Re: The ultimate liberal slam

    PS, they are called hobos.

    - = -
    http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
    [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]

  7. Re: The ultimate liberal slam

    Every so often you come out of the woodwork with thye usual bull****

    --

    Check out my BLOG

    http://onemanco.blogspot.com/

    https://be.freelancersunion.org/f/member/14270

    Visit My Website

    http://friends.phonehog.com/r/9f223a20464b102a9428

  8. Re: The ultimate liberal slam

    On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 12:07:31 -0400, VINCE
    wrote:

    >vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
    >> No, Cuomo let out the nuthouses in order to argue Reagan was creating
    >> poverty. Koch, who eventually rounded some of them up, still had them
    >> counting college students living at home as homeless.
    >>

    >> - = -
    >> Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist
    >> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
    >> ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---
    >> [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards]
    >> [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]

    >Every so often you come out of the woodwork with thye usual bull****

    pot kettle black
    Never argue with an idiot.
    They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

  9. Re: The ultimate liberal slam

    jdoe wrote:
    > On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 12:07:31 -0400, VINCE
    > wrote:
    >
    >> vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
    >>> No, Cuomo let out the nuthouses in order to argue Reagan was creating
    >>> poverty. Koch, who eventually rounded some of them up, still had them
    >>> counting college students living at home as homeless.
    >>>

    >>> - = -
    >>> Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist
    >>> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
    >>> ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---
    >>> [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards]
    >>> [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]

    >> Every so often you come out of the woodwork with thye usual bull****

    > pot kettle black

    VINCE: look what else floated up the surface! :-D

+ Reply to Thread