Re: How did most great classical composers compose? - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: How did most great classical composers compose? - OS2 ; clonee wrote: > To start with a medoly, say, by doing a piano, or violin composition then to > orchestrate it? Or an entire orchestrated composition from the ground up? Whatever why they did it, they are all decomposing now....

  1. Re: How did most great classical composers compose?

    clonee wrote:
    > To start with a medoly, say, by doing a piano, or violin composition then to
    > orchestrate it? Or an entire orchestrated composition from the ground up?

    Whatever why they did it, they are all decomposing now.

  2. Re: How did most great classical composers compose?

    All real art is based on mathematics.

    If music didn't follow geometrical and symmetrical patterns, it would
    not be music, but noise.

  3. Re: How did most great classical composers compose?

    They copied the ditties of their day.

    Double-A

  4. Re: How did most great classical composers compose?

    zanthius.d...@gmail.com wrote:
    > All real art is based on mathematics.

    Complex numbers? Irrational and transcendental numbers?

    > If music didn't follow geometrical and symmetrical patterns, it would
    > not be music, but noise.

    Ever heard Phillip Glass?

  5. Re: How did most great classical composers compose?

    "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" wrote in message
    news:1187138338.398032.231710@x35g2000prf.googlegr oups.com...
    > zanthius.d...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > All real art is based on mathematics.

    > Complex numbers? Irrational and transcendental numbers?
    >
    > > If music didn't follow geometrical and symmetrical patterns, it would
    > > not be music, but noise.

    > Ever heard Phillip Glass?

    He wrote some decent movie music.

  6. Re: How did most great classical composers compose?

    bs wrote:
    > "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" wrote in message
    > news:1187138338.398032.231710@x35g2000prf.googlegr oups.com...
    > > zanthius.d...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > > All real art is based on mathematics.

    > > Complex numbers? Irrational and transcendental numbers?
    > >
    > > > If music didn't follow geometrical and symmetrical patterns, it would
    > > > not be music, but noise.

    > > Ever heard Phillip Glass?

    > He wrote some decent movie music.

    Must be a different Glass. All I've ever heard from him was noise.

  7. Re: How did most great classical composers compose?

    I suppose that like all the fruits of creative endeavor, the sheer
    number of different approaches to a task make the process of
    composition invigorating to contemplate.

    Evidently the mature Mozart was able to construct works - more or less
    complete - on a mental basis before notation. I'm rather fond of
    Elgar's work method - In some works, he evidently wrote down short
    ideas and scraps of themes, then would pin them all over the walls of
    his room in the order he wanted them, and finally would sort of patch
    them all together for a rough draft of the final product.

  8. Re: How did most great classical composers compose?

    El Klauso writes:

    > I suppose that like all the fruits of creative endeavor, the sheer
    > number of different approaches to a task make the process of
    > composition invigorating to contemplate.
    >
    > Evidently the mature Mozart was able to construct works - more or less
    > complete - on a mental basis before notation. I'm rather fond of
    > Elgar's work method - In some works, he evidently wrote down short
    > ideas and scraps of themes, then would pin them all over the walls of
    > his room in the order he wanted them, and finally would sort of patch
    > them all together for a rough draft of the final product.

    But what does that have to do with OS/2, astronomy, the weather, or
    local demons?

  9. Re: How did most great classical composers compose?

    On Aug 16, 12:49 pm, tho...@antispam.ham wrote:
    > El Klauso writes:
    > > I suppose that like all the fruits of creative endeavor,

    > But what does that have to do with OS/2, astronomy, the weather, or
    > local demons?

    Aren't each of those groups filled with fruits of creative endeavor?

    Double-A

  10. Re: How did most great classical composers compose?

    On 14 Aug 2007, zanthius.dxun@gmail.com posted some
    news:1187093344.071608.320940@r34g2000hsd.googlegr oups.com:

    > All real art is based on mathematics.
    >
    > If music didn't follow geometrical and symmetrical patterns, it would
    > not be music, but noise.

    I knew there was an explaination for the existence of hip-hop and rap
    music.

  11. Re: How did most great classical composers compose?

    Tholen Ham tholed:

    >El Klauso writes:
    >
    >> I suppose that like all the fruits of creative endeavor, the sheer
    >> number of different approaches to a task make the process of
    >> composition invigorating to contemplate.
    >>
    >> Evidently the mature Mozart was able to construct works - more or less
    >> complete - on a mental basis before notation. I'm rather fond of
    >> Elgar's work method - In some works, he evidently wrote down short
    >> ideas and scraps of themes, then would pin them all over the walls of
    >> his room in the order he wanted them, and finally would sort of patch
    >> them all together for a rough draft of the final product.

    >But what does that have to do with OS/2, astronomy, the weather, or
    >local demons?

    Why do you care, Tholen.

    Trainer and leash holder of:
    Honest "Clockbrain" John
    nightbat "fro0tbat" of alt.astronomy
    Tom "TommY Crackpotter" Potter

    "I am claiming that you believe ah's family name is "ah",
    Deco, and I substantiated that claim."
    --David Tholen

    "Quite a kook-out, Deco. You've been frothing even more
    ever since I demonstrated how you believe that ah's family
    name is "ah"."
    --David Tholen

  12. Re: How did most great classical composers compose?

    Double-A wrote:

    >On Aug 16, 12:49 pm, tho...@antispam.ham wrote:
    >> El Klauso writes:
    >> > I suppose that like all the fruits of creative endeavor,

    >> But what does that have to do with OS/2, astronomy, the weather, or
    >> local demons?

    >Aren't each of those groups filled with fruits of creative endeavor?
    >
    >Double-A

    Your attempt at humor will only result in getting digested.

    Trainer and leash holder of:
    Honest "Clockbrain" John
    nightbat "fro0tbat" of alt.astronomy
    Tom "TommY Crackpotter" Potter

    "I am claiming that you believe ah's family name is "ah",
    Deco, and I substantiated that claim."
    --David Tholen

    "Quite a kook-out, Deco. You've been frothing even more
    ever since I demonstrated how you believe that ah's family
    name is "ah"."
    --David Tholen

+ Reply to Thread