Re: Interesting photo angles - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: Interesting photo angles - OS2 ; On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 03:26:50 +0100, Michael Baldwin, Bruce wrote: > Peter Hucker wrote: >> On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 07:32:00 +0100, Michael Baldwin, Bruce wrote: >> >> > Peter Hucker wrote: >> >> On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 81 to 99 of 99

  1. Re: Interesting photo angles

    On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 03:26:50 +0100, Michael Baldwin, Bruce wrote:

    > Peter Hucker wrote:

    >> > Never heard of it. No doubt invented by some fat ****.

    >> You're not a scientist then. Are you a binman?

    > I'm a computer consultant.

    Doesn't that make you bright enough to know basic Physics? [Ok, I'm a bit biassed, I have an honours degree in Physics and Digital Microelectronics]

    >> > No.

    >> Why not?

    > Because practice makes perfect.

    I'd prefer they had reached the perfect stage by the time they treat me.

    --
    This message has been brought to you by solar and wind power. Who needs the national grid?

    What is the difference between a battery and a woman?
    A battery has a positive side.

  2. Re: Interesting photo angles

    Peter Hucker wrote:
    > On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 03:26:50 +0100, Michael Baldwin, Bruce wrote:
    >
    > > Peter Hucker wrote:

    > >> You're not a scientist then. Are you a binman?

    > > I'm a computer consultant.

    > Doesn't that make you bright enough to know basic Physics? [Ok, I'm a bit biassed, I have an honours degree in Physics and Digital Microelectronics]

    > >> Why not?

    > > Because practice makes perfect.

    > I'd prefer they had reached the perfect stage by the time they treat me.

    And I'd perfer it if they practice on you before me.

  3. Re: Interesting photo angles

    On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 14:05:21 +0100, Michael Baldwin, Bruce wrote:

    > Peter Hucker wrote:

    >> > I'm a computer consultant.

    >> Doesn't that make you bright enough to know basic Physics? [Ok, I'm a bit biassed, I have an honours degree in Physics and Digital Microelectronics]

    I'll take that as a no.

    >> > Because practice makes perfect.

    >> I'd prefer they had reached the perfect stage by the time they treat me.

    > And I'd perfer it if they practice on you before me.

    That's a little perferse.

    --
    This message has been brought to you by solar and wind power. Who needsthe national grid?

    god said

    The Divergence of the B Field = 0
    The Curl of the E Field + the partial time derivative of the B field =0
    The Divergence of the D field = the charge density
    The Curl of the H field - the partial time derivative of the D field =the current density

    and there was light, and he saw that it was good and of constant speed.

  4. Re: Interesting photo angles

    Peter Hucker wrote:
    > On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 14:05:21 +0100, Michael Baldwin, Bruce wrote:
    >
    > > Peter Hucker wrote:

    > >> Doesn't that make you bright enough to know basic Physics? [Ok, I'm a bit biassed, I have an honours degree in Physics and Digital Microelectronics]

    > I'll take that as a no.

    You'll take what as a no? That I'm a binman? Correct, i'm not.

    > >> I'd prefer they had reached the perfect stage by the time they treat me.

    > > And I'd perfer it if they practice on you before me.

    > That's a little perferse.

    Whatever. It still works wel lfor me.

    > god said
    >
    > The Divergence of the B Field = 0
    > The Curl of the E Field + the partial time derivative of the B field = 0
    > The Divergence of the D field = the charge density
    > The Curl of the H field - the partial time derivative of the D field = the current density
    >
    > and there was light, and he saw that it was good and of constant speed.

    Butt only in a vacuum.

  5. Re: Interesting photo angles

    On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 06:06:20 +0100, Michael Baldwin, Bruce wrote:

    > Peter Hucker wrote:

    >> I'll take that as a no.

    > You'll take what as a no? That I'm a binman? Correct, i'm not.

    The question, for those of you who have forgotten their reading glasses,was "Doesn't that make you bright enough to know basic Physics?"

    >> > And I'd perfer it if they practice on you before me.

    >> That's a little perferse.

    > Whatever. It still works wel lfor me.

    lfor next loop to lprint?

    >> god said
    >>
    >> The Divergence of the B Field = 0
    >> The Curl of the E Field + the partial time derivative of the B field = 0
    >> The Divergence of the D field = the charge density
    >> The Curl of the H field - the partial time derivative of the D field = the current density
    >>
    >> and there was light, and he saw that it was good and of constant speed.

    > Butt only in a vacuum.

    That would hurt.

    --
    This message has been brought to you by solar and wind power. Who needsthe national grid?

    There are three blondes stranded on an island. Suddenly a fairy appearsand offers to grant each one of them one wish.
    The first blonde asks to be intelligent. Instantly, she is turned into a brown haired woman and she swims off the island.
    The next one asks to be even more intelligent than the previous one, so instantly she is turned into a black haired woman. The black haired woman builds a boat and sails off the island.
    The third blonde asks to become even more intelligent than the previous two. The fairy turns her into a man, and he walks across the bridge.

  6. Re: Interesting photo angles

    Peter Hucker wrote:
    > On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 06:06:20 +0100, Michael Baldwin, Bruce wrote:
    >
    > > Peter Hucker wrote:

    > >> I'll take that as a no.

    > > You'll take what as a no? That I'm a binman? Correct, i'm not.

    > The question, for those of you who have forgotten their reading glasses, was "Doesn't that make you bright enough to know basic Physics?"

    What does that have to do with with any zeroth laws, PHucker?

    > >> That's a little perferse.

    > > Whatever. It still works well for me.

    > lfor next loop to lprint?

    Are you dyslexic, PHucker?

    > >> god said
    > >>
    > >> The Divergence of the B Field = 0
    > >> The Curl of the E Field + the partial time derivative of the B field = 0
    > >> The Divergence of the D field = the charge density
    > >> The Curl of the H field - the partial time derivative of the D field = the current density
    > >>
    > >> and there was light, and he saw that it was good and of constant speed.

    > > Butt only in a vacuum.

    > That would hurt.

    Depends on how light you are.

    > There are three blondes stranded on an island. Suddenly a fairy appears and offers to grant each one of them one wish.
    > The first blonde asks to be intelligent. Instantly, she is turned into a brown haired woman and she swims off the island.
    > The next one asks to be even more intelligent than the previous one, so instantly she is turned into a black haired woman. The black haired woman builds a boat and sails off the island.
    > The third blonde asks to become even more intelligent than the previous two. The fairy turns her into a man, and he walks across the bridge.

    If they were stranded on an island, why would there be a bridge?

  7. Re: Interesting photo angles

    On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 03:20:59 +0100, Michael Baldwin, Bruce wrote:

    > Peter Hucker wrote:

    >> > You'll take what as a no? That I'm a binman? Correct, i'm not.

    >> The question, for those of you who have forgotten their reading glasses, was "Doesn't that make you bright enough to know basic Physics?"

    > What does that have to do with with any zeroth laws, PHucker?

    The 0th law is basic Physics.

    >> > Whatever. It still works well for me.

    >> lfor next loop to lprint?

    > Are you dyslexic, PHucker?

    No, it's ZX Basic.

    >> > Butt only in a vacuum.

    >> That would hurt.

    > Depends on how light you are.

    So someone with a deep tan would have a sorer butt?

    >> There are three blondes stranded on an island. Suddenly a fairy appears and offers to grant each one of them one wish.
    >> The first blonde asks to be intelligent. Instantly, she is turned into a brown haired woman and she swims off the island.
    >> The next one asks to be even more intelligent than the previous one, so instantly she is turned into a black haired woman. The black haired woman builds a boat and sails off the island.
    >> The third blonde asks to become even more intelligent than the previous two. The fairy turns her into a man, and he walks across the bridge.

    > If they were stranded on an island, why would there be a bridge?

    They were stranded from a blonde's point of view.

    --
    This message has been brought to you by solar and wind power. Who needsthe national grid?

    At one time in my life, I thought I had a handle on the meaning of the word "service". "The act of doing things for other people."
    Then I heard the terms such as "Internal Revenue Service," "Postal Service," "Civil Service," "Service Stations."
    And I became confused about the word "service." This is not what I thought "service" meant.
    One day, I overheard two farmers talking and one of them mentioned that he was having a bull "service" a few of his cows.
    It all came into perspective.

  8. Re: Interesting photo angles

    Peter Hucker wrote:
    > On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 03:20:59 +0100, Michael Baldwin, Bruce wrote:
    >
    > > Peter Hucker wrote:

    > >> The question, for those of you who have forgotten their reading glasses, was "Doesn't that make you bright enough to know basic Physics?"

    > > What does that have to do with with any zeroth laws, PHucker?

    > The 0th law is basic Physics.

    Since when?

    > >> lfor next loop to lprint?

    > > Are you dyslexic, PHucker?

    > No, it's ZX Basic.

    Pathetic.

    > >> That would hurt.

    > > Depends on how light you are.

    > So someone with a deep tan would have a sorer butt?

    Do you have a sore butt?

    > >> There are three blondes stranded on an island. Suddenly a fairy appears and offers to grant each one of them one wish.
    > >> The first blonde asks to be intelligent. Instantly, she is turned into a brown haired woman and she swims off the island.
    > >> The next one asks to be even more intelligent than the previous one, so instantly she is turned into a black haired woman. The black haired woman builds a boat and sails off the island.
    > >> The third blonde asks to become even more intelligent than the previous two. The fairy turns her into a man, and he walks across the bridge.

    > > If they were stranded on an island, why would there be a bridge?

    > They were stranded from a blonde's point of view.

    Pathetic.

    > At one time in my life, I thought I had a handle on the meaning of the word "service". "The act of doing things for other people."
    > Then I heard the terms such as "Internal Revenue Service," "Postal Service," "Civil Service," "Service Stations."
    > And I became confused about the word "service." This is not what I thought "service" meant.
    > One day, I overheard two farmers talking and one of them mentioned that he was having a bull "service" a few of his cows.
    > It all came into perspective.

    Is that why you spend so much time at service stations getting filled
    up?

  9. Re: Interesting photo angles

    On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 02:58:08 +0100, Michael Baldwin, Bruce wrote:

    > Peter Hucker wrote:

    >> > What does that have to do with with any zeroth laws, PHucker?

    >> The 0th law is basic Physics.

    > Since when?

    The first third of the 20th century.

    >> > Are you dyslexic, PHucker?

    >> No, it's ZX Basic.

    > Pathetic.

    Not in its time.

    >> > Depends on how light you are.

    >> So someone with a deep tan would have a sorer butt?

    > Do you have a sore butt?

    Not at present. Is this an invitation of sorts?

    >> > If they were stranded on an island, why would there be a bridge?

    >> They were stranded from a blonde's point of view.

    > Pathetic.

    Yes, yes they are.

    No, it's cause I have a gas guzzler and drive like a ****ing maniac.

    --
    This message has been brought to you by solar and wind power. Who needsthe national grid?

    More and more cities are instituting a 10:30 PM curfew for everyone younger than 18.
    Experts say keeping teens indoors at night is the only way to make the streets safe for adults.

  10. Re: Interesting photo angles

    Peter Hucker wrote:
    > On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 02:58:08 +0100, Michael Baldwin, Bruce wrote:
    >
    > > Peter Hucker wrote:

    > >> The 0th law is basic Physics.

    > > Since when?

    > The first third of the 20th century.

    I don't remember that.

    > >> No, it's ZX Basic.

    > > Pathetic.

    > Not in its time.

    I'm sure you thought it might have been the bee's knees, but its still
    pathetic.

    > >> So someone with a deep tan would have a sorer butt?

    > > Do you have a sore butt?

    > Not at present. Is this an invitation of sorts?

    Not from me. And keep your hands to yourself.

    > >> They were stranded from a blonde's point of view.

    > > Pathetic.

    > Yes, yes they are.

    Good, we're agreement for once.

    > >> At one time in my life, I thought I had a handle on the meaning of the word "service". "The act of doing things for other people."
    > >> Then I heard the terms such as "Internal Revenue Service," "Postal Service," "Civil Service," "Service Stations."
    > >> And I became confused about the word "service." This is not what I thought "service" meant.
    > >> One day, I overheard two farmers talking and one of them mentioned that he was having a bull "service" a few of his cows.
    > >> It all came into perspective.

    > > Is that why you spend so much time at service stations getting filled
    > > up?

    > No, it's cause I have a gas guzzler and drive like a ****ing maniac.

    No, you're just a maniac.

  11. Re: Interesting photo angles

    ****'s sake.

    >> > Pathetic.

    >> Not in its time.

    > I'm sure you thought it might have been the bee's knees, but its still
    > pathetic.

    Something can't be still pathetic unless it was pathetic in the first place. It's like asking for more of something you have none of.

    >> > Do you have a sore butt?

    >> Not at present. Is this an invitation of sorts?

    > Not from me. And keep your hands to yourself.

    Then stop talking about butts.

    >> > Pathetic.

    >> Yes, yes they are.

    > Good, we're agreement for once.

    You said you were blonde recently.

    >> > Is that why you spend so much time at service stations getting filled
    >> > up?

    >> No, it's cause I have a gas guzzler and drive like a ****ing maniac.

    > No, you're just a maniac.

    Explain.

    --
    This message has been brought to you by solar and wind power. Who needsthe national grid?

    A young blonde girl goes to the doctor for a physical. The doctor puts his stethoscope up to the girl's chest and says, "Big breaths."
    The girl replies, "Yeth and I'm not even thixteen."

  12. Re: Interesting photo angles

    Peter Hucker wrote:
    > On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 02:13:03 +0100, Michael Baldwin, Bruce wrote:
    >
    > > Peter Hucker wrote:

    > >> The first third of the 20th century.

    > > I don't remember that.

    > ****'s sake.

    Wear the fox hat.

    > >> Not in its time.

    > > I'm sure you thought it might have been the bee's knees, but its still
    > > pathetic.

    > Something can't be still pathetic unless it was pathetic in the first place. It's like asking for more of something you have none of.

    That doesn't make any sense, PHucker. Which is par for the course for
    you and your ilk.

    > >> Not at present. Is this an invitation of sorts?

    > > Not from me. And keep your hands to yourself.

    > Then stop talking about butts.

    You raised it.

    > >> Yes, yes they are.

    > > Good, we're agreement for once.

    > You said you were blonde recently.

    No, I said I was blond.

    You drive parrots like a ****ing maniac.

    > A young blonde girl goes to the doctor for a physical. The doctor puts his stethoscope up to the girl's chest and says, "Big breaths."
    > The girl replies, "Yeth and I'm not even thixteen."

    Inches?

  13. Re: Interesting photo angles

    On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 08:47:29 +0100, Michael Baldwin, Bruce wrote:

    > Peter Hucker wrote:

    >> > I don't remember that.

    >> ****'s sake.

    > Wear the fox hat.

    What?

    >> > I'm sure you thought it might have been the bee's knees, but its still
    >> > pathetic.

    >> Something can't be still pathetic unless it was pathetic in the firstplace. It's like asking for more of something you have none of.

    > That doesn't make any sense, PHucker. Which is par for the course for
    > you and your ilk.

    Was it too complicated for you? If you have no apples, you cannot ask me for more apples.

    >> > Not from me. And keep your hands to yourself.

    >> Then stop talking about butts.

    > You raised it.

    YOU brought up vacuum butts! 9 lines up!

    >> > Good, we're agreement for once.

    >> You said you were blonde recently.

    > No, I said I was blond.

    Classic sentence misunderstanding again.

    >> > No, you're just a maniac.

    >> Explain.

    > You drive parrots like a ****ing maniac.

    Please point me to a site explaining how to interface a driveshaft with a bird.

    --
    This message has been brought to you by solar and wind power. Who needsthe national grid?

    !
    / \
    { }
    { }
    { }
    # #
    :_____:
    || ||
    |!___!|
    | ___ |
    |/###\|
    !{###}!
    ||###||
    ||!!!||
    /111\/|!!!|\/111\
    | !|@@@|! |
    | !|@@@|! |
    |---O-!\###/!-O---|
    |_____! --- !_____|
    {|-----! - !-----|}
    q! ! ||| ! !p
    ( | |\ /| | )
    /\ q | -- | |_| | -- | p /\
    / \ { | | } / \
    | | : ( || | \ / | || ) : | |
    | | : <\------- / W \ -------/> : | |
    | |!!/ ! || /\ /\ || ! \!!| |
    | _^^ ( || || || || ) ^^_ |
    --

    _--_
    / || \ || --- || / || \
    o<|| ||______------|||___ ___|||------______|| ||>o
    \ |__-- ____________/ ! ! \____________ --__| /
    \ |____---| ! \ U / ! |---____| /
    \| | _______ ! ! ! ! _______ | |/
    \ _____---| |--=| | | |=--| |---_____ /
    "" |\|----| |----|/| ""
    /||! ! ! !||\
    _/Y ||! ! ! !|| Y\_
    __/ ||!____! !____!|| \__
    / ||||####||####||| \
    | \| |||| |||| |/ |
    | / ==== ==== \ |
    \___---' \!!/ \!!/ '---___/
    [$$$$] [$$$$]
    #### ####
    ###### ######
    ###############

  14. Re: Interesting photo angles

    Peter Hucker wrote:
    > On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 08:47:29 +0100, Michael Baldwin, Bruce wrote:
    >
    > > Peter Hucker wrote:

    > >> ****'s sake.

    > > Wear the fox hat.

    > What?

    Watt.

    **** you and your apples, PHucker.

    > >> Then stop talking about butts.

    > > You raised it.

    > YOU brought up vacuum butts! 9 lines up!

    Stop butting in, PHucker. Its unseemly.

    > >> You said you were blonde recently.

    > > No, I said I was blond.

    > Classic sentence misunderstanding again.

    On your part, PHucker.

    > >> Explain.

    > > You drive parrots like a ****ing maniac.

    > Please point me to a site explaining how to interface a driveshaft with a bird.

    Ah, ha! I always knew you were into some weird ****.

  15. Re: Interesting photo angles

    On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 14:09:14 +0100, Michael Baldwin, Bruce wrote:

    > Peter Hucker wrote:

    >> > That doesn't make any sense, PHucker. Which is par for the course for
    >> > you and your ilk.

    >> Was it too complicated for you? If you have no apples, you cannot ask me for more apples.

    > **** you and your apples, PHucker.

    Awww have I proved you wrong? AGAIN!

    >> > You raised it.

    >> YOU brought up vacuum butts! 9 lines up!

    > Stop butting in, PHucker. Its unseemly.

    There is no seam in my butt.

    >> > No, I said I was blond.

    >> Classic sentence misunderstanding again.

    > On your part, PHucker.

    Bot.

    >> > You drive parrots like a ****ing maniac.

    >> Please point me to a site explaining how to interface a driveshaft with a bird.

    > Ah, ha! I always knew you were into some weird ****.

    Trust you to think of it in that way.

    --
    This message has been brought to you by solar and wind power. Who needs the national grid?

    Women are like a pack of cards... you need a heart to love them, diamonds to marry them, a club to kill them and a spade to bury them.

  16. Re: Interesting photo angles

    Peter Hucker wrote:
    > On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 14:09:14 +0100, Michael Baldwin, Bruce wrote:
    >
    > > Peter Hucker wrote:

    > >> Was it too complicated for you? If you have no apples, you cannot ask me for more apples.

    > > **** you and your apples, PHucker.

    > Awww have I proved you wrong? AGAIN!

    No.

    > >> YOU brought up vacuum butts! 9 lines up!

    > > Stop butting in, PHucker. Its unseemly.

    > There is no seam in my butt.

    So that's why its so unseamly.

    > >> Classic sentence misunderstanding again.

    > > On your part, PHucker.

    > Bot.

    Stop inviting me, you perve.

    > >> Please point me to a site explaining how to interface a driveshaft with a bird.

    > > Ah, ha! I always knew you were into some weird ****.

    > Trust you to think of it in that way.

    You're the one that keeps offering me your bot.

    > Women are like a pack of cards... you need a heart to love them, diamonds to marry them, a club to kill them and a spade to bury them.

    That sounds about right.

  17. Re: Interesting photo angles

    On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 02:37:34 +0100, Michael Baldwin, Bruce wrote:

    > Peter Hucker wrote:

    >> > **** you and your apples, PHucker.

    >> Awww have I proved you wrong? AGAIN!

    > No.

    Please come out of cloud cuckoo land.

    >> > Ah, ha! I always knew you were into some weird ****.

    >> Trust you to think of it in that way.

    > You're the one that keeps offering me your bot.

    "Bot." is not the same as "Bot?"

    --
    This message has been brought to you by solar and wind power. Who needs the national grid?

    I remember your brother Jimmy, crying one summer's day,
    "Why do you cry, young Jimmy?" I heard your granddad say.
    "'Cause I can't do what the big boys do, that's why I cry," said Jim,
    "Move over then," said your granddad, and he sat down and cried with him.

  18. Re: Interesting photo angles

    Peter Hucker wrote:
    > On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 02:37:34 +0100, Michael Baldwin, Bruce wrote:
    >
    > > Peter Hucker wrote:

    > >> Awww have I proved you wrong? AGAIN!

    > > No.

    > Please come out of cloud cuckoo land.

    After you, PHucker.

    > >> Trust you to think of it in that way.

    > > You're the one that keeps offering me your bot.

    > "Bot." is not the same as "Bot?"

    Why do you ask?

  19. Re: Interesting photo angles

    On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 03:46:09 -0000, Michael Baldwin, Bruce wrote:

    > Peter Hucker wrote:

    >> > No.

    >> Please come out of cloud cuckoo land.

    > After you, PHucker.

    Classic projection.

    [predicted response = "on your part Phucker"]

    >> > You're the one that keeps offering me your bot.

    >> "Bot." is not the same as "Bot?"

    > Why do you ask?

    I didn't, the ? was enclosed inside the "s.

    --
    This message has been brought to you by solar and wind power. Who needsthe national grid?

    A man takes a lady out to dinner for the first time. Later they go on to a show.
    The evening is a huge success and as he drops her at her door he says:
    "I have had a lovely time. You looked so beautiful, you remind me of a beautiful rambling rose. May I call on you tomorrow?"
    She agrees and a date is made.
    The next night he knocks on her door and when she opens it she slaps himhard across the face.
    He is stunned. "What was that for?" he asked.
    She said "I looked up rambling rose on the Internet last night and it said:
    'Not well suited to bedding but is excellent for rooting up against a garden wall.'"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5