Re: Swearing on the BBC! - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: Swearing on the BBC! - OS2 ; On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 16:35:56 +0100, Mr Pounder wrote: > > "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" wrote in message > news:1186301395.733821.325580@i38g2000prf.googlegr oups.com... >> Mr Pounder wrote: >>> "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" wrote in message >>> news:1185948543.017735.187450@j4g2000prf.googlegro ups.com... >>> > Peter Hucker wrote: ...

  1. Re: Swearing on the BBC!

    On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 16:35:56 +0100, Mr Pounder wrote:

    > "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" wrote in message
    > news:1186301395.733821.325580@i38g2000prf.googlegr oups.com...
    >> Mr Pounder wrote:
    >>> "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" wrote in message
    >>> news:1185948543.017735.187450@j4g2000prf.googlegro ups.com...

    >>> Top Gear is not what it used to be. Clarkson used to write a very good
    >>> column in a motering mag some years ago.

    >> Yes, on TV he comes off as a prat and a turkey, if not a right
    >> pillock.
    >> Still, some of the cars are very nice.

    > Hmmmmmmm, sort of I suppose. But then again I have never been a fan of his.
    > Top Gear now seems to be more of a tongue in cheek show, not to be taken too
    > seriously. This is a pity as it used to be worth watching.

    No, this is what makes it better than the likes of "Fifth gear".

    --
    This message has been brought to you by solar and wind power. Who needs the national grid?

    A friend of mine suffers from verdigris. Goes green when looking down from a height!

  2. Re: Swearing on the BBC!

    "Peter Hucker" wrote in message
    newsp.twpa6yo94buhsv@fx62...
    > On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 16:35:56 +0100, Mr Pounder
    > wrote:
    >

    >> "Michael Baldwin, Bruce" wrote in message
    >> news:1186301395.733821.325580@i38g2000prf.googlegr oups.com...

    >>> Yes, on TV he comes off as a prat and a turkey, if not a right
    >>> pillock.
    >>> Still, some of the cars are very nice.

    >> Hmmmmmmm, sort of I suppose. But then again I have never been a fan of
    >> his.
    >> Top Gear now seems to be more of a tongue in cheek show, not to be taken
    >> too
    >> seriously. This is a pity as it used to be worth watching.

    > No, this is what makes it better than the likes of "Fifth gear".

    Do you still have a fifth gear, or have you blown it up?

    Mr Pounder

    > --
    > This message has been brought to you by solar and wind power. Who needs
    > the national grid?
    > http://www.petersparrots.com http://www.insanevideoclips.com
    > http://www.petersphotos.com
    >
    > A friend of mine suffers from verdigris. Goes green when looking down from
    > a height!

+ Reply to Thread