Library files - OS2

This is a discussion on Library files - OS2 ; I'm sure this is a really stupid question. I have always used EMXOMFAR to create static object libraries. Isn't there a standard OS/ 2 utility, either distributed with the system or in the toolkit to do this? I know OpenWatcom ...

  1. Library files

    I'm sure this is a really stupid question. I have always used
    EMXOMFAR to create static object libraries. Isn't there a standard OS/
    2 utility, either distributed with the system or in the toolkit to do
    this? I know OpenWatcom also has a program, but I can't believe,
    since LINK386 *uses* .lib files, that there isn't a standard way of
    creating one. Is there something on DEVCON? Thanks.

  2. Re: Library files

    Followup: I found LIB.EXE (says its' "OS/2 library manager") in ddk
    \video\tools, but that's buried pretty deep. I was still hoping for
    a more standard utility.

    On May 22, 9:25 am, Peter_Fl...@yahoo.com wrote:
    > I'm sure this is a really stupid question. I have always used
    > EMXOMFAR to create static object libraries. Isn't there a standard OS/
    > 2 utility, either distributed with the system or in the toolkit to do
    > this? I know OpenWatcom also has a program, but I can't believe,
    > since LINK386 *uses* .lib files, that there isn't a standard way of
    > creating one. Is there something on DEVCON? Thanks.

  3. Re: Library files

    On Thu, 22 May 2008 14:04:05 UTC Peter_Flass@yahoo.com wrote:

    > Followup: I found LIB.EXE (says its' "OS/2 library manager") in ddk
    > \video\tools, but that's buried pretty deep. I was still hoping for
    > a more standard utility.

    Lib.exe comes with IBM Visualage C++,
    Implib.exe with the OS2 Toolkit.

    CU/2