Unzip.dll - OS2

This is a discussion on Unzip.dll - OS2 ; On Sat, 17 May 2008 06:51:22 UTC, "William L. Hartzell" wrote: > I was looking at the various zip and unzip files on my computer, after > wondering about ClamAv problems with zip files. To my surprise at least > ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 30 of 30

  1. Re: Unzip.dll

    wrote:

    > I was looking at the various zip and unzip files on my computer, after
    > wondering about ClamAv problems with zip files. To my surprise at least
    > one author of current supported software are still using outdated
    > versions of unzip.exe. But to my concern I see that the only copy of
    > unzip.dll was compiled before the last unzip.exe was published. So I am
    > wondering if there exists a newer version than this 2001 version that I
    > have in \tcpip\dll or the one in Warpmedia distro. Google on this found
    > Alex Taylor might have published a later one, but I cannot find it. So
    > is it even current?

    You could always try looking on Hobbes...
    http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-sea...hbutton=Search

    Or (shock!) even my website, as Andreas pointed out... although admittedly
    the URL has changed recently.

    Version 5.52 from 2005, which last I checked was the latest stable release.

    --
    Alex Taylor
    Fukushima, Japan

    Please take off hat when replying.

  2. Re: Unzip.dll

    Alex Taylor wrote:
    > You could always try looking on Hobbes...
    >
    > Or (shock!) even my website...

    Perhaps if you have interest in maintaining the official OS/2 builds of Info-Zip you might contact the Info-Zip folks and make arrangements to upload the files to their servers?

    I for one had no idea you were up to this, thus contacted Kai and received back the response that I posted above.

    --
    Michael Lueck
    Lueck Data Systems

  3. Re: Unzip.dll

    Sir:

    Andreas Kohl wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > William L. Hartzell schrieb:
    > > Google on this found
    >> Alex Taylor might have published a later one, but I cannot find it.
    >> So is it even current?

    > Try this one:
    >

    >> Also, how do I tell the Maul publisher to update his distro, without
    >> joining another Yahoo group?

    > I could send an email to or fill out a formulare
    > on !
    >
    > Andreas

    Please do. Suggest he use or
    get Alex Taylor's copy from Hobbes.
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  4. Re: Unzip.dll

    In <482feb17$0$7550$9b4e6d93@newsspool1.arcor-online.net>, on 05/18/2008
    at 10:38 AM, "Lars Erdmann" said:

    >No you cannot, at least not normally. UNZIP.DLL came with a bunch of
    >installations from IBM and it has a completely different interface
    >(exported functions) than UNZIP32.DLL. But just try out and see what
    >happens ...

    Well, there's the small matter that there's no way to change the module
    name length without some binary editing. DLLRNAME is not up to this task.

    Steven

    Steven Levine MR2/ICE 3.00 beta 11pre11 #10183

  5. Re: Unzip.dll

    On Mon, 19 May 2008 10:33:02 UTC, Michael Lueck
    wrote:

    > > You could always try looking on Hobbes...
    > >
    > > Or (shock!) even my website...

    > Perhaps if you have interest in maintaining the official OS/2 builds of
    > Info-Zip you might contact the Info-Zip folks and make arrangements to
    > upload the files to their servers?
    >
    > I for one had no idea you were up to this, thus contacted Kai and received
    > back the response that I posted above.

    I've been doing it since about the 5.50 release. However, it's likely I
    won't keep on doing it once 6.0 comes around, because it will probably
    require more work than a simple recompile with VisualAge. Paul seems to
    have a build process that works...

    --
    Alex Taylor
    Fukushima, Japan
    http://www.socis.ca/~ataylo00

    Please take off hat when replying.

  6. Re: Unzip.dll

    On Mon, 19 May 2008 09:32:02 UTC, "Alex Taylor"
    wrote:

    > On Sat, 17 May 2008 06:51:22 UTC, "William L. Hartzell"
    > wrote:
    >
    > > I was looking at the various zip and unzip files on my computer, after
    > > wondering about ClamAv problems with zip files. To my surprise at least
    > > one author of current supported software are still using outdated
    > > versions of unzip.exe. But to my concern I see that the only copy of
    > > unzip.dll was compiled before the last unzip.exe was published. So I am
    > > wondering if there exists a newer version than this 2001 version that I
    > > have in \tcpip\dll or the one in Warpmedia distro. Google on this found
    > > Alex Taylor might have published a later one, but I cannot find it. So
    > > is it even current?

    > You could always try looking on Hobbes...
    > http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-sea...hbutton=Search
    >

    > Or (shock!) even my website, as Andreas pointed out... although admittedly
    > the URL has changed recently.
    >
    > Version 5.52 from 2005, which last I checked was the latest stable release.

    Alex's build works quite well with Rexx. If you have eCS MT, you will
    find a copy in the eCS MT directory (it is actually included in the
    ecsut2193.exe package)..

    --
    Chuck McKinnis

  7. Re: Unzip.dll

    Heiko Nitzsche schrieb:

    > Don't use CSet/VAC for compiling!
    >
    > CSet/VAC support has been dropped long time ago. It still seems to build OK
    > but the resulting binaries cause trouble with EAs.

    What is the source of this rumour ?

    The only case where I had trouble with EAs was due to applying sandisk
    on a FAT partition.

    Hendrik

  8. Re: Unzip.dll

    >> Don't use CSet/VAC for compiling!
    >>
    >> CSet/VAC support has been dropped long time ago. It still seems to build OK
    >> but the resulting binaries cause trouble with EAs.

    > What is the source of this rumour ?
    >
    > The only case where I had trouble with EAs was due to applying sandisk
    > on a FAT partition.

    I uploaded a version of zip 2.31 compiled with VAC 3.08 to Hobbes
    some time ago. Later on people discovered some issues with this version,
    can't remember exactly if it were broken files or EA problems.

    Due to this I contacted the former maintainer Kai-Uwe Rommel and
    got the following response in regard to the IBM VAC 3.08 compiler:

    "There is a later compiler version (3.6.5) which still
    works rather well. The older ones had problems with
    their optimizer. But we did not add special cases to
    the makefile for the older compilers."

    So newer VAC seems to be OK as well. Unfortunately there was
    no note in the makefiles that CSet/VAC 3.08 should not be used.
    I have not looked again to the current version sources.

    So I should correct my statement:

    Do not use Zip/Unzip binaries compiled with IBM CSet or VAC older than 3.6.5!
    You can use zip -v to get the compiler used for compiling the binary.

  9. Re: Unzip.dll

    On Sat, 24 May 2008 21:15:09 +0200, Heiko Nitzsche wrote:

    >Do not use Zip/Unzip binaries compiled with IBM CSet or >VAC older than 3.6.5!
    >You can use zip -v to get the compiler used for compiling the >binary.

    that gives me

    Compiled with emx+gcc 2.8.1 for OS/2 2.x/3.x (32-bit) on Jan 9 2000.

    is that ok?

    Cheers,

    Tom [Tom Perrett]

  10. Re: Unzip.dll

    On 05/24/08 04:24 pm, Tom Perrett wrote:
    > On Sat, 24 May 2008 21:15:09 +0200, Heiko Nitzsche wrote:
    >
    >> Do not use Zip/Unzip binaries compiled with IBM CSet or>VAC older than 3.6.5!
    >> You can use zip -v to get the compiler used for compiling the>binary.

    > that gives me
    >
    > Compiled with emx+gcc 2.8.1 for OS/2 2.x/3.x (32-bit) on Jan 9 2000.
    >
    > is that ok?

    EMX/GCC 2.8.1 is quite solid and should be fine.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2