Status of MR/2 ICE - OS2

This is a discussion on Status of MR/2 ICE - OS2 ; In , on 05/13/2008 at 05:27 PM, me@privacy.net said: >I am running MR/2 ICE 2.67 at present and encountered a problem over the >previous weekend when someone spammed this newsgroup with an item that >caused ICE to crash whenever it ...

  1. Re: Status of MR/2 ICE

    In <482a08be$1$quqhetrr$mr2ice@news.individual.net>, on 05/13/2008
    at 05:27 PM, me@privacy.net said:

    >I am running MR/2 ICE 2.67 at present and encountered a problem over the
    >previous weekend when someone spammed this newsgroup with an item that
    >caused ICE to crash whenever it attempted to retrieve it. I see when I
    >google search that there is supposed to be a new release being developed,
    >but I see nothing more current than over a year ago. Am I going to be
    >able to download a newer version at some point? I have grown fond of
    >MR/2 ICE over the years, but if it is going to be dead-
    >ended I will need to start looking into alternatives.

    >-- Dave
    >dhdurgeeverizonnet

    * Alan Townsend Sechelt, BC Canada
    *
    * E-Mail: altownsend@dccnet.com
    * Home Page:
    * Tel: (604) 885-0943
    *
    * Mr2 Ice: Reg #582

  2. Status of MR/2 ICE

    I am running MR/2 ICE 2.67 at present and encountered a problem over the
    previous weekend when someone spammed this newsgroup with an item that
    caused ICE to crash whenever it attempted to retrieve it. I see when I
    google search that there is supposed to be a new release being developed,
    but I see nothing more current than over a year ago. Am I going to be
    able to download a newer version at some point? I have grown fond of MR/2
    ICE over the years, but if it is going to be dead-
    ended I will need to start looking into alternatives.

    -- Dave
    dhdurgeeverizonnet

  3. Re: Status of MR/2 ICE

    On 05/13/08 02:27 pm, me@privacy.net wrote:

    > I am running MR/2 ICE 2.67 at present and encountered a problem over the
    > previous weekend when someone spammed this newsgroup with an item that
    > caused ICE to crash whenever it attempted to retrieve it. I see when I
    > google search that there is supposed to be a new release being developed,
    > but I see nothing more current than over a year ago. Am I going to be
    > able to download a newer version at some point?

    Last I heard, there was a 3.00 beta 5 release. Larry Tawa has the
    source code now:
    http://www.scoug.com/os24u/2007/scoug703.mr2ice.html

  4. Re: Status of MR/2 ICE

    In , on 05/13/2008
    at 08:34 PM, Steve Wendt said:

    >Last I heard, there was a 3.00 beta 5 release. Larry Tawa has the
    >source code now:
    >
    >http://www.scoug.com/os24u/2007/scoug703.mr2ice.html

    That is the last announcement I had seen as well. I sent him an e-mail
    almost a year ago about it and received no response. I was wondering if I
    missed something, as my searches don't seem to turn up anything more
    current. Having a problem over the past weekend with a spam post to this
    group got me thinking about it again. If this beta has improvements over
    the current release I would like to check and see for myself.

    -- Dave
    dhdurgeeverizonnet

  5. Re: Status of MR/2 ICE

    In , on 05/13/2008
    at 08:34 PM, Steve Wendt said:

    Hi,

    >Last I heard, there was a 3.00 beta 5 release. Larry Tawa has the
    >source code now:
    >http://www.scoug.com/os24u/2007/scoug703.mr2ice.html

    There have been a number of releases since then.

    FWIW, the various mr/2 ice mailing lists are all alive and well.

    Steven

    Steven Levine MR2/ICE 3.00 beta 11pre11 #10183

  6. Re: Status of MR/2 ICE

    In <482acd7a$2$quqhetrr$mr2ice@news.individual.net>, on 05/14/2008
    at 07:23 AM, me@privacy.net said:

    Hi,

    >I sent him an e-mail
    >almost a year ago about it and received no response.

    To what e-mail address? He's been known to change them. Larry's day job
    keeps him extremely busy. I often have trouble getting his attention.

    >Having a problem over the past weekend with a spam post to this
    >group got me thinking about it again.

    It wasn't only this group. hugo_hurtig, whoever he really is, hit the
    lists with article posts with extremely long subject lines.

    Steven

    Steven Levine MR2/ICE 3.00 beta 11pre11 #10183

  7. Re: Status of MR/2 ICE

    On 05/14/08 10:09 pm, Steven Levine wrote:

    >> Last I heard, there was a 3.00 beta 5 release.

    > There have been a number of releases since then.

    It would be nice if it had a web site, that at least posted
    semi-frequent news on updates, how to support the project, get the
    latest version, etc.

+ Reply to Thread