Updating Install disks - OS2

This is a discussion on Updating Install disks - OS2 ; Does anyone have a trick for using the last Danis506 drivers in place of the IBM driver? Or is it something that can not be done? -- I have a Thinkpad with a SATA hard drive, and I could make ...

  1. Updating Install disks

    Does anyone have a trick for using the last Danis506 drivers in place of
    the IBM driver? Or is it something that can not be done? -- I have a
    Thinkpad with a SATA hard drive, and I could make the last of the IBM
    drivers work, nor the latest Dani.

    TIA

  2. Re: Updating Install disks

    fnijndf5z@nospam.net wrote:
    > Does anyone have a trick for using the last Danis506 drivers in place of
    > the IBM driver? Or is it something that can not be done? -- I have a
    > Thinkpad with a SATA hard drive, and I could make the last of the IBM
    > drivers work, nor the latest Dani.

    I don't know what you all need to update. But what version of OS/2 are
    you loading ?

    MCP or Warp 4 ?

    I don't know if you need to update OS2DASD to support the large drives,
    newer fdisk. Don't forget to also update daniatap.flt.

    Roderick Klein
    Mensys

  3. Re: Updating Install disks

    In <4824a72d$0$14348$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl>, on 05/09/2008
    at 09:34 PM, Roderick Klein said:

    >fnijndf5z@nospam.net wrote:
    >> Does anyone have a trick for using the last Danis506 drivers in place of
    >> the IBM driver? Or is it something that can not be done? -- I have a
    >> Thinkpad with a SATA hard drive, and I could make the last of the IBM
    >> drivers work, nor the latest Dani.

    >I don't know what you all need to update. But what version of OS/2 are
    >you loading ?

    >MCP or Warp 4 ?

    >I don't know if you need to update OS2DASD to support the large drives,
    >newer fdisk. Don't forget to also update daniatap.flt.

    MCP. The machine is a Thinkpad T61 and there is something unusual about
    it, but I don't know what.

    >Roderick Klein
    >Mensys

+ Reply to Thread