Firefox won't run - OS2

This is a discussion on Firefox won't run - OS2 ; The lastest OS/2 version Firefox won't run. It give the error; MOZJS.1180. Help tells me that it won't run on OS/2. Does anyone have a clue as to what is missing? TIA...

  1. Firefox won't run

    The lastest OS/2 version Firefox won't run. It give the error; MOZJS.1180.
    Help tells me that it won't run on OS/2.

    Does anyone have a clue as to what is missing?

    TIA

  2. Re: Firefox won't run

    Hi

    fnijndf5z@nospam.net wrote:
    > The lastest OS/2 version Firefox won't run. It give the error; MOZJS.1180.
    > Help tells me that it won't run on OS/2.
    >
    > Does anyone have a clue as to what is missing?
    >
    > TIA

    Do you have any other Mozilla applications installed?

    I ask because the message is suggestive of a wrong dll file being
    loaded/used, possibly mozjs.dll

    Might be worth having a look at http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Warpzilla.html

    Regards

    Pete

  3. Re: Firefox won't run

    In , on 05/02/2008
    at 10:21 PM, Peter Brown said:

    >Hi

    >fnijndf5z@nospam.net wrote:
    >> The lastest OS/2 version Firefox won't run. It give the error; MOZJS.1180.
    >> Help tells me that it won't run on OS/2.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have a clue as to what is missing?
    >>
    >> TIA

    >Do you have any other Mozilla applications installed?

    >I ask because the message is suggestive of a wrong dll file being
    >loaded/used, possibly mozjs.dll

    Only a version of WebBrowser. Because it runs. In the past I had a
    version of Firefon on the same machine at the same time with no problem,
    but I forgot what version it was.

    >Might be worth having a look at
    >http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Warpzilla.html

    I've been there a few times without finding a clue. -- Firefox has
    always been a crap-shoot on my Thinkpad. Some versions run, some don't.

    Thanks anyway.

    >Regards

    >Pete

  4. Re: Firefox won't run

    On 05/02/08 06:01 pm, fnijndf5z@nospam.net wrote:
    > In, on 05/02/2008
    > at 10:21 PM, Peter Brown said:
    >

    >> Hi

    >> fnijndf5z@nospam.net wrote:
    >>> The lastest OS/2 version Firefox won't run. It give the error; MOZJS.1180.
    >>> Help tells me that it won't run on OS/2.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone have a clue as to what is missing?
    >>>
    >>> TIA

    >> Do you have any other Mozilla applications installed?

    >> I ask because the message is suggestive of a wrong dll file being
    >> loaded/used, possibly mozjs.dll

    > Only a version of WebBrowser. Because it runs. In the past I had a
    > version of Firefon on the same machine at the same time with no problem,
    > but I forgot what version it was.
    >

    >> Might be worth having a look at
    >> http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Warpzilla.html

    > I've been there a few times without finding a clue. -- Firefox has
    > always been a crap-shoot on my Thinkpad. Some versions run, some don't.

    Try starting firefox in safe mode, firefox.exe -safe-mode. Then shutdown
    and try restarting. I have to do this sometimes or firefox just exits.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread