Trap E in OS2LVM with SATA and IDE Drives - RC4 - OS2

This is a discussion on Trap E in OS2LVM with SATA and IDE Drives - RC4 - OS2 ; I'm installing RC4 on a Gigabyte P35-S3G with intel Core2 Duo and 2 Gig of ram. As this machine only has 1 IDE connector I've converted one of my drives to SATA. Now my problem is that whenever I attach ...

  1. Trap E in OS2LVM with SATA and IDE Drives - RC4

    I'm installing RC4 on a Gigabyte P35-S3G with intel Core2 Duo and 2 Gig of
    ram. As this machine only has 1 IDE connector I've converted one of my drives
    to SATA. Now my problem is that whenever I attach an IDE drive with LVM
    information to the IDE channel I get a Trap E in OS2LVM during boot.

    As an experiment I attached a non-lvm disk to the IDE channel and no trap
    occurs.

    Any ideas?

    TIA,

    Eric Erickson
    Elvish Software Foundry, Inc. - Internet: drowelf@vnetAntiSpam.net
    Already where I want to be Today - Voice/Fax: (218)-398-2625

  2. Re: Trap E in OS2LVM with SATA and IDE Drives - RC4

    Sir:

    Eric Erickson wrote:
    > I'm installing RC4 on a Gigabyte P35-S3G with intel Core2 Duo and 2
    > Gig of ram. As this machine only has 1 IDE connector I've converted
    > one of my drives to SATA. Now my problem is that whenever I attach an
    > IDE drive with LVM information to the IDE channel I get a Trap E in
    > OS2LVM during boot.
    >
    > As an experiment I attached a non-lvm disk to the IDE channel and no
    > trap occurs.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    What are the IRQs that you are using? How about the memory mappings for
    the controllers? Does the drive that you mount on the IDE-PATA channel
    have any boot info thereon? What is your boot order in BIOS?

    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  3. Re: Trap E in OS2LVM with SATA and IDE Drives - RC4

    Hi Eric

    Eric Erickson wrote:
    > I'm installing RC4 on a Gigabyte P35-S3G with intel Core2 Duo and 2 Gig of
    > ram. As this machine only has 1 IDE connector I've converted one of my drives
    > to SATA. Now my problem is that whenever I attach an IDE drive with LVM
    > information to the IDE channel I get a Trap E in OS2LVM during boot.
    >
    > As an experiment I attached a non-lvm disk to the IDE channel and no trap
    > occurs.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Eric Erickson
    > Elvish Software Foundry, Inc. - Internet: drowelf@vnetAntiSpam.net
    > Already where I want to be Today - Voice/Fax: (218)-398-2625

    No idea if it will help but I noticed that the LVM bits are backlevel in
    RC4 so suggest that you unpack lvm14105.exe (it does unzip) - if
    necessary while booted from another installation/install CD/floppies -
    and see if updating the LVM bits helps.

    It may also help to update to the current danis506.add release.

    No idea if the problem is ACPI related but v3.09 is available from the
    betazone; on my nForce430 based system this needed applying instantly as
    every attempt to use the RC4 supplied ACPI (v3.05) booted to a TRAP 000c
    in OS2KRNL.

    Regards

    Pete

+ Reply to Thread