eCo Software Developer Connection - OS2

This is a discussion on eCo Software Developer Connection - OS2 ; Hello developers! Welcome to Developer Connection! http://ecomstation.ru/developer...

  1. eCo Software Developer Connection

    Hello developers!

    Welcome to Developer Connection!
    http://ecomstation.ru/developer

  2. Re: eCo Software Developer Connection

    On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 00:56:42 UTC, eugenegorbunoff@mail.ru wrote:

    > Welcome to Developer Connection!
    > http://ecomstation.ru/developer

    Could you please fix the page ? Even though it's for "only" for
    developers,
    it doesn't give a good first impression.

    Warning: include(lang/de.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream:
    No such file or directory in
    /usr/home/eco/www/projects/developer/index.php on line 9

    Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'lang/de.php' for
    inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/eco/www') in
    /usr/home/eco/www/projects/developer/index.php on line 9

    --
    Ruediger "Rudi" Ihle [S&T Systemtechnik GmbH, Germany]
    http://www.s-t.de

  3. Re: eCo Software Developer Connection

    On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 00:56:42 UTC, eugenegorbunoff@mail.ru wrote:

    > Hello developers!
    >
    > Welcome to Developer Connection!
    > http://ecomstation.ru/developer

    Thanks! Comments/questions:

    IMHO, more online info on what is in the packages is required. I would
    like to know what is in a pkg before I download or install it. For
    instance, does the pkg include source. Is there help or documentation?
    If so, it would be great to look at this online, so that there would
    be some clue as to what actually is in there.

    So, I thought, well maybe they just want you to download and run it to
    find out what all is in there. I'm trying that now, and Warpin is
    asking me for OSDIR=

    What's up with that? I have no clue what OSDIR should be and there's
    no warning or help for it. So I stopped installing it.

    I look forward to your response. TIA

  4. Re: eCo Software Developer Connection

    On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 16:28:45 UTC, no_spam@outgoing.net (Jeffrey Smick)
    wrote:

    > So, I thought, well maybe they just want you to download and run it to
    > find out what all is in there. I'm trying that now, and Warpin is
    > asking me for OSDIR=
    >
    > What's up with that? I have no clue what OSDIR should be and there's
    > no warning or help for it. So I stopped installing it.

    In looking closer, I am now making the guess that if I wish to use
    "progress.dll" I can't just download it and install it, I have to
    start at the top of the list and dowload and install all of the pkgs
    that are before "progress.dll".

    Is that correct?

  5. Re: eCo Software Developer Connection

    Hi Jeffrey

    Jeffrey Smick wrote:
    > On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 00:56:42 UTC, eugenegorbunoff@mail.ru wrote:
    >
    >> Hello developers!
    >>
    >> Welcome to Developer Connection!
    >> http://ecomstation.ru/developer
    >>

    > Thanks! Comments/questions:
    >
    > IMHO, more online info on what is in the packages is required. I would
    > like to know what is in a pkg before I download or install it. For
    > instance, does the pkg include source. Is there help or documentation?
    > If so, it would be great to look at this online, so that there would
    > be some clue as to what actually is in there.
    >
    > So, I thought, well maybe they just want you to download and run it to
    > find out what all is in there. I'm trying that now, and Warpin is
    > asking me for OSDIR=
    >
    > What's up with that? I have no clue what OSDIR should be and there's
    > no warning or help for it. So I stopped installing it.

    Aha!

    A question I can actually answer in this ng :-)

    OSDIR is a setting usually found in the config.sys file; I have:-

    SET OSDIR=H:\ecs

    Guess it helps to identify eCS from OS/2 systems as well as provide a
    root directory for some software installations - change to drive:\os2
    for os/2 systems.

    Regards

    Pete

    > I look forward to your response. TIA