Thursday Tattles - OS2

This is a discussion on Thursday Tattles - OS2 ; Apple Polishes BlackBook Trying to resist the newly released BlackBook with the 2.4GHz Dual 2 Core processor and the upgraded 250Gig hard drive was not something I could do resulting in my being third in line to get my hands ...

  1. Thursday Tattles

    Apple Polishes BlackBook
    Trying to resist the newly released BlackBook with the 2.4GHz Dual 2
    Core processor and the upgraded 250Gig hard drive was not something I
    could do resulting in my being third in line to get my hands on the
    first distributions. Absolutely wonderful little machine. Apple has
    improved on an already superior the Wi-Fi and BlueTooth capabilities
    and they tweaked them even more on this new BlackBook. It is
    amazingly fast and starts up at the snap of the fingers. Look away
    for a moment and your desktop appears like magic. I've put my "older"
    BlackBook up for auction sale on eBay and I'm already seeing 70+
    visits and 9 watchers. No one ever bids until the last hour and I"m
    hoping to see it sold and going to shipping by tomorrow afternoon.

    New MacPro 3.2GHz Sizzles!
    That's no fabrication either. Now takes me three minutes to burn a
    data DVD, and rendering, capturing and editing movies takes almost
    half the time it did before. The machine is so smooth and quiet I
    often have to look down to make sure the power light is on.

    3G iPhone By Mid-Year
    Apple has signed a deal to release a 3G version of the iPhone and we
    can expect to see it by mid-year, probably July or August of this
    year. Steve Jobs has been traveling three times as much this last
    quarter in his company jet and Apple's R&D department spending has
    increased by 34% - evidence of additional iPhone development and
    Steve's ongoing involvement in signing new deals with wireless
    carriers to expand the iPhone market. The chips for the 3G iPhone
    will be supplied by German chipmaker Infineon Technologies AG. You
    can also expect to see the iPhone being offered via O2 in Ireland on
    March 14th but without visual voicemail.

    Jobs' Heir-Apparent Tim Cook Calms Investors
    Apple's shareholders admit to being ill at ease with the thought of
    losing Steve but Tim Cook stepped forward yesterday and spoke before
    an assembly at Goldman Sachs Investment Symposium and impressed the
    hell out of everyone there. So much so that Apple's stock rose 4%
    from the appearance. Shareholders can be assured that when Steve
    steps down and Tim Cook steps up that Apple is in very capable hands.

    Time Capsule Shipping Today
    If you use a wireless network at home (Wi-Fi) and have held off buying
    an external backup drive for your Mac, be it the MacBook, MacBook Air,
    iMac or MacPro, you now have the ability to avoid those tethering
    lines and send all your backups to a one terabyte backup drive over Wi-
    Fi by using Apple's new Time Capsule. Buyers who pre-ordered are
    reporting the arrival of the first shipment of the coveted product.
    $499 for the 1TV version and $299 for the 500Meg version.

    SDK Beta Arrives March 6
    The final SDK will be released in June at Apple's Worldwide
    Development Conference 2008 in San Francisco. Apple will meet the
    stated goal of 10 million iPhone sales by the close of 2008. That is
    truly amazing.

  2. Re: Thursday Tattles

    I'm still waiting for the evidence of the survey of OS/2 users.

  3. Re: Thursday Tattles

    tholen@antispam.ham wrote:

    > I'm still waiting for the evidence of the survey of OS/2 users.

    Are you holding your breath?

    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on

  4. Re: Thursday Tattles

    Stan Goodman writes:

    >> I'm still waiting for the evidence of the survey of OS/2 users.

    > Are you holding your breath?

    One can wait without holding breath. The answer to your question
    should be obvious, given that I've been waiting for weeks.

  5. Re: Thursday Tattles

    tholen@antispam.ham wrote:

    > Stan Goodman writes:
    >
    >>> I'm still waiting for the evidence of the survey of OS/2 users.

    >> Are you holding your breath?

    > One can wait without holding breath. The answer to your question
    > should be obvious, given that I've been waiting for weeks.

    So, have you begun to turn purple yet?
    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on

  6. Re: Thursday Tattles

    On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 00:13:44 UTC, Stan Goodman
    wrote:

    > tholen@antispam.ham wrote:

    > >> Are you holding your breath?

    > > One can wait without holding breath. The answer to your question
    > > should be obvious, given that I've been waiting for weeks.

    > So, have you begun to turn purple yet?

    "I saw the thing coming out of the sky.
    It had one big horn and one big eye . . ."

    (With apologies to Shep Wolley).

    Sorry, couldn't resist.

    Pete

    --

  7. Re: Thursday Tattles

    Stan Goodman writes:

    >>> Are you holding your breath?

    >> One can wait without holding breath. The answer to your question
    >> should be obvious, given that I've been waiting for weeks.

    > So, have you begun to turn purple yet?

    What does your question have to do with OS/2, Goodman?

  8. Re: Thursday Tattles

    Pete writes:

    >>> One can wait without holding breath. The answer to your question
    >>> should be obvious, given that I've been waiting for weeks.

    >> So, have you begun to turn purple yet?

    > "I saw the thing coming out of the sky.
    > It had one big horn and one big eye . . ."
    >
    > (With apologies to Shep Wolley).
    >
    > Sorry, couldn't resist.

    Something like The Royal Nonesuch?

    The Royal Nonesuch?

    It's got one big breast in the middle of its chest
    and an eye in the middle of its nose.
    So say I if you look it in the eye
    then you're better off looking up its nose.

  9. Re: Thursday Tattles

    tholen@antispam.ham wrote:

    >>> One can wait without holding breath. The answer to your question
    >>> should be obvious, given that I've been waiting for weeks.

    >> So, have you begun to turn purple yet?

    > What does your question have to do with OS/2, Goodman?

    Oh. I thought that by now the topic was less OS/2 than the Guy of the same
    name. I was commiserating with you about the inability to get a sensible
    answer out of him, Tholen.

    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on

  10. Re: Thursday Tattles

    Stan Goodman writes:

    >>> So, have you begun to turn purple yet?

    >> What does your question have to do with OS/2, Goodman?

    > Oh. I thought that by now the topic was less OS/2 than the Guy of the same
    > name.

    The topic is the alleged survey of OS/2 users. That much should have
    been obvious from the first sentence.

    > I was commiserating with you about the inability to get a sensible
    > answer out of him, Tholen.

    By asking whether I'm holding my breath?

  11. Re: Thursday Tattles

    tholen@antispam.ham wrote:

    >>> What does your question have to do with OS/2, Goodman?

    >> Oh. I thought that by now the topic was less OS/2 than the Guy of the
    >> same name.

    > The topic is the alleged survey of OS/2 users. That much should have
    > been obvious from the first sentence.

    "Alleged" was the key word, I thought. No?

    >> I was commiserating with you about the inability to get a sensible
    >> answer out of him, Tholen.

    > By asking whether I'm holding my breath?

    Please, I'm still laughing from Tim's latest, and I don't want to lose the
    glow. Be assured that I meant no offense. The idiom I had in mind
    was "Don't hold your breath until you get an answer from him". The other
    one was meant to say something like "You'll turn purple before he answers
    you". Sorry.

    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on

  12. Re: Thursday Tattles

    Stan Goodman writes:

    >>> Oh. I thought that by now the topic was less OS/2 than the Guy of the
    >>> same name.

    >> The topic is the alleged survey of OS/2 users. That much should have
    >> been obvious from the first sentence.

    > "Alleged" was the key word, I thought. No?

    Regardless of what you thought the key word is, the issue is the topic,
    which is the survey, whether modified by "alleged" or not.

    >>> I was commiserating with you about the inability to get a sensible
    >>> answer out of him, Tholen.

    >> By asking whether I'm holding my breath?

    > Please, I'm still laughing from Tim's latest, and I don't want to lose the
    > glow. Be assured that I meant no offense. The idiom I had in mind
    > was "Don't hold your breath until you get an answer from him". The other
    > one was meant to say something like "You'll turn purple before he answers
    > you". Sorry.

    I could have done without your initial response at all.

+ Reply to Thread