Making a fax printer for PMfax for Linux, and some oddments - OS2

This is a discussion on Making a fax printer for PMfax for Linux, and some oddments - OS2 ; Stan Goodman wrote: > > You can't pay, because it has been dumped, and I doubt that anybody could > take it over, because copyrights survive dumping. But if you would like me > to send you the binary file ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: Making a fax printer for PMfax for Linux, and some oddments

    Stan Goodman wrote:

    > You can't pay, because it has been dumped, and I doubt that anybody could
    > take it over, because copyrights survive dumping. But if you would like me
    > to send you the binary file for installation in Linux, please tell me.

    I have the PrimaFax for Linux files, but it is my understanding that it
    doesn't do voice messaging, just faxing. Am I wrong?

    -Philip

  2. Re: Making a fax printer for PMfax for Linux, and some oddments

    Philip Wright wrote:

    > Stan Goodman wrote:
    >>
    >> You can't pay, because it has been dumped, and I doubt that anybody could
    >> take it over, because copyrights survive dumping. But if you would like
    >> me to send you the binary file for installation in Linux, please tell me.
    >>

    > I have the PrimaFax for Linux files, but it is my understanding that it
    > doesn't do voice messaging, just faxing. Am I wrong?

    I don't know, because I don't need voice messaging, and didn't try. The docs
    speak of voice support, and then say that this is for certain versions. The
    do not tell you which version it is that you have in your hand. I'm just
    happy with having a fax program developed by somebody with sense and with
    intelligible documentation.

    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on

  3. Re: Making a fax printer for PMfax for Linux, and some oddments

    On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 11:45:44 UTC, Stan Goodman
    wrote:

    > The material I have clearly identifies it as the property of CDS. When
    > Intradyn acquired CDS, they must have acquired PMfax at the same time,
    > unless the acquisition excluded it. If that is so, then either PMfax is
    > really abandoned, or someone else has it. And the someone has made no move
    > to make his interest in it known, so that nobody knows to whom to turn for
    > it. Until the present owner makes himself known, I think PMfax is a free
    > good. That might change if an owner pops up, but I can't see that anyone is
    > risking a damage suit by adopting the program in the meantime. There might
    > be a question about diligence in trying to locate an owner, but that could
    > be addressed.

    What I sent you, was offered for free, by CDS, shortly before CDS was
    sold to Intradyne. I have to assume that it can be freely distributed
    to others, since there is no other way to get it now. The three
    packages involved are:
    PMFax for OS/2
    PrimaFax for Linux
    PrimaFax for Windows
    There were public keys, for each, made available, at that time. There
    is a web page describing the offer, but the link to cds-inc has gone
    away:

    > http://bbs.betabbs.com/lofiversion/i...hp?t28457.html

    I have all three free packages, and all three keys.
    --
    From the eComStation 2.0 RC2 of Doug Bissett
    dougb007 at telus dot net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2