big hpfs problems - OS2

This is a discussion on big hpfs problems - OS2 ; After trying to mirror my harddisk with Norton Ghost, the damned tool mirrored the wrong way. Now the last 12GB of my 27GB hpfs partition are all 0xFF. Don't ask me why! A check with dfsee tells me that there ...

  1. big hpfs problems

    After trying to mirror my harddisk with Norton Ghost, the damned tool
    mirrored the wrong way.
    Now the last 12GB of my 27GB hpfs partition are all 0xFF. Don't ask me
    why!

    A check with dfsee tells me that there are thousands of errors
    "allocation set, but not in FS-administration" or "in FS
    administration, but allocation not set".

    Should I run FDISK /F or are there better ways to recover?

    Martin

  2. Re: big hpfs problems

    please ignore this thread, couldn't cancel it. opened a new one.

    JĊns MÁrtin SchlÁttĊr schrieb:
    > After trying to mirror my harddisk with Norton Ghost, the damned tool
    > mirrored the wrong way.
    > Now the last 12GB of my 27GB hpfs partition are all 0xFF. Don't ask me
    > why!
    >
    > A check with dfsee tells me that there are thousands of errors
    > "allocation set, but not in FS-administration" or "in FS
    > administration, but allocation not set".
    >
    > Should I run FDISK /F or are there better ways to recover?
    >
    > Martin

+ Reply to Thread