eCS and OS/2 -- perpetual target - OS2

This is a discussion on eCS and OS/2 -- perpetual target - OS2 ; After over a decade of being declared "dead", initially by paid employees of competing companies, and eventually argumentative evangelists, OS/2 has been a favorite target of naysayers everywhere. Once official support and updates had stopped from IBM, it would seem ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 417

  1. eCS and OS/2 -- perpetual target

    After over a decade of being declared "dead", initially by paid
    employees of competing companies, and eventually argumentative
    evangelists, OS/2 has been a favorite target of naysayers everywhere.

    Once official support and updates had stopped from IBM, it would seem
    reasonable that even spare-time arguers would have gone away and left us
    to our interests and hobby-time use, and several of them did by good graces.

    In recent times, however, the few who remain hell-bent on harming the
    OS/2 community have dropped their tactics to an even lower form...
    simply creating fact-free, purposeless noise and rubbish in areas where
    productive discussions are underway. Yes, we have our own chorus of
    bloody vikings here, and we don't even need to say "spam" to get them going.

    The amazing thing that they all seem to have in common at this point is
    that they make repeated attempts to defy filters. As if someone who
    doesn't want to read their rubbish would suddenly start to do so if only
    they could see the message in the first place. They also use an
    oratorial tone in their language, as if addressing a large crowd of
    eager listeners. I can't understand what would drive a person to force
    unwilling listeners to hear their voice, especially when they have
    nothing of consequence or even personal importance to themselves to say,
    but I suppose that is because I still have my own mental faculties in
    order. Further, the fact that even a message which slips through
    filters is not going to be read by anyone who doesn't want to read it
    seems lost on them completely.

    A lot of us (myself included) seem to like to play the "armchair
    psychologist", and discuss their motivations. But this is not
    productive and seems to provoke the problem more. The truth is that
    none of us here (from what I have read) really do have credentials in
    this area, and rely on our own perspectives to surmise what is wrong
    with these individuals (since we can't relate to their illnesses).
    Professionals actually understand the various illnesses and can more
    correctly determine motivations and appropriate treatments. One thing
    that I think should be fairly clear to us laymen, who rely on our common
    sense, is that attention feeds the beast.

    I say all this as a plea to those of us who remain on purpose here.
    Make every effort to ignore these individuals and do not reply. And for
    the sake of us all, if you just can't resist the urge to hit that reply
    button, REMOVE groups from your follow-ups where people are having
    useful discussions. For example, none of the programmer newsgroups
    should EVER be a target for such messages. Also, since many important
    announcements happen in apps, please be considerate and remove this as
    well. Your replies will be seen by anyone who is interested enough to
    seek them out. Don't force those who are not interested to see and read
    these replies, or you become as bad as those who are causing the trouble.

    Please be considerate with your crossposting and followups. Thanks!

  2. Re: eCS and OS/2 -- perpetual target

    Marty wrote:

    > In recent times, however, the few who remain hell-bent on harming the
    > OS/2 community have dropped their tactics to an even lower form...
    > simply creating fact-free, purposeless noise and rubbish in areas
    > where productive discussions are underway. Yes, we have our own
    > chorus of bloody vikings here, and we don't even need to say "spam" to get
    > them
    > going.

    I don't think you should talk about our troll like he were more than just
    himself. It's Timmy and his sock puppets, call it Eddie, Jerome or Tyrone...
    Whatever, he's going to play the same role of IBM's rejected whiny little
    bitch.

    Poor boy, he can't accept the fact IBM bitchslapped him in his face,
    regardless all of his venting here about how much better was supposed to be
    buying Convenience Packages, how much fun he had using eCS as a coaster and
    so on. Such a pity his coasters still sell, while IBM couldn't give a ****
    about his advertising here and pulled the plug, leaving him like the
    rejected bitch he is.

    On the other hand, Serenity Systems is still around trying to develope a
    product - promises fullfilled or not, they have never given up on the users,
    and I talk as a satisfied an supportive customer of SSI. Timmy can't accept
    that he was wrong, because he would finally realize what all of us have
    already: his idiocy is utterly harmful, both to this community and, most
    importantly, to himself.

    Riccardo

  3. Re: eCS and OS/2 -- perpetual target

    Marty wrote:

    > In recent times, however, the few who remain hell-bent on harming the
    > OS/2 community have dropped their tactics to an even lower form...
    > simply creating fact-free, purposeless noise and rubbish in areas
    > where productive discussions are underway. Yes, we have our own
    > chorus of bloody vikings here, and we don't even need to say "spam" to get
    > them
    > going.

    I don't think you should talk about our troll like he were more than just
    himself. It's Timmy and his sock puppets, call it Eddie, Jerome or Tyrone...
    Whatever, he's going to play the same role of IBM's rejected whiny little
    bitch.

    Poor boy, he can't accept the fact IBM bitchslapped him in his face,
    regardless all of his venting here about how much better was supposed to be
    buying Convenience Packages, how much fun he had using eCS as a coaster and
    so on. Such a pity his coasters still sell, while IBM couldn't give a ****
    about his advertising here and pulled the plug, leaving him like the
    rejected bitch he is.

    On the other hand, Serenity Systems is still around trying to develope a
    product - promises fullfilled or not, they have never given up on the users,
    and I talk as a satisfied an supportive customer of SSI. Timmy can't accept
    that he was wrong, because he would finally realize what all of us have
    already: his idiocy is utterly harmful, both to this community and, most
    importantly, to himself.

    Riccardo

  4. Re: eCS and OS/2 -- perpetual target

    On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 11:51:18 -0800, Marty wrote:

    .... a load of stuff that esssentially boils down to "Don't feed the trolls".

  5. Re: eCS and OS/2 -- perpetual target

    On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 11:51:18 -0800, Marty wrote:

    .... a load of stuff that esssentially boils down to "Don't feed the trolls".

  6. Re: eCS and OS/2 -- perpetual target

    Gee you sure like being the dumbass, don't you rubini. For the record
    -- which seems to be beyond your comprehension, I use OS/2 98% of the
    time. I use windows for photo editing and some scanning because there are
    no comparable OS/2 products. Period.

    Do try to think it out instead of getting your shorts twisted and lying,
    as you are doing below -- because you don't like the message.

    In <477bf7e6$0$37199$4fafbaef@reader3.news.tin.it>, on 01/02/2008
    at 09:45 PM, "Riccardo Rubini" said:

    >Marty wrote:

    >> In recent times, however, the few who remain hell-bent on harming the
    >> OS/2 community have dropped their tactics to an even lower form...
    >> simply creating fact-free, purposeless noise and rubbish in areas
    >> where productive discussions are underway. Yes, we have our own
    >> chorus of bloody vikings here, and we don't even need to say "spam" to get
    >> them
    >> going.

    >I don't think you should talk about our troll like he were more than just
    > himself. It's Timmy and his sock puppets, call it Eddie, Jerome or
    >Tyrone... Whatever, he's going to play the same role of IBM's rejected
    >whiny little bitch.

    >Poor boy, he can't accept the fact IBM bitchslapped him in his face,
    >regardless all of his venting here about how much better was supposed to
    >be buying Convenience Packages, how much fun he had using eCS as a
    >coaster and so on. Such a pity his coasters still sell, while IBM
    >couldn't give a **** about his advertising here and pulled the plug,
    >leaving him like the rejected bitch he is.

    >On the other hand, Serenity Systems is still around trying to develope a
    >product - promises fullfilled or not, they have never given up on the
    >users, and I talk as a satisfied an supportive customer of SSI. Timmy
    >can't accept that he was wrong, because he would finally realize what
    >all of us have already: his idiocy is utterly harmful, both to this
    >community and, most importantly, to himself.

    >Riccardo

  7. Re: eCS and OS/2 -- perpetual target

    Gee you sure like being the dumbass, don't you rubini. For the record
    -- which seems to be beyond your comprehension, I use OS/2 98% of the
    time. I use windows for photo editing and some scanning because there are
    no comparable OS/2 products. Period.

    Do try to think it out instead of getting your shorts twisted and lying,
    as you are doing below -- because you don't like the message.

    In <477bf7e6$0$37199$4fafbaef@reader3.news.tin.it>, on 01/02/2008
    at 09:45 PM, "Riccardo Rubini" said:

    >Marty wrote:

    >> In recent times, however, the few who remain hell-bent on harming the
    >> OS/2 community have dropped their tactics to an even lower form...
    >> simply creating fact-free, purposeless noise and rubbish in areas
    >> where productive discussions are underway. Yes, we have our own
    >> chorus of bloody vikings here, and we don't even need to say "spam" to get
    >> them
    >> going.

    >I don't think you should talk about our troll like he were more than just
    > himself. It's Timmy and his sock puppets, call it Eddie, Jerome or
    >Tyrone... Whatever, he's going to play the same role of IBM's rejected
    >whiny little bitch.

    >Poor boy, he can't accept the fact IBM bitchslapped him in his face,
    >regardless all of his venting here about how much better was supposed to
    >be buying Convenience Packages, how much fun he had using eCS as a
    >coaster and so on. Such a pity his coasters still sell, while IBM
    >couldn't give a **** about his advertising here and pulled the plug,
    >leaving him like the rejected bitch he is.

    >On the other hand, Serenity Systems is still around trying to develope a
    >product - promises fullfilled or not, they have never given up on the
    >users, and I talk as a satisfied an supportive customer of SSI. Timmy
    >can't accept that he was wrong, because he would finally realize what
    >all of us have already: his idiocy is utterly harmful, both to this
    >community and, most importantly, to himself.

    >Riccardo

  8. Re: eCS and OS/2 -- perpetual target

    On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 22:44:57 UTC, pasnfv15@nospam.com.net opined:

    > Gee you sure like being the dumbass, don't you rubini. For the record
    > -- which seems to be beyond your comprehension, I use OS/2 98% of the
    > time. I use windows for photo editing and some scanning because there are
    > no comparable OS/2 products. Period.

    Agreed. Officially, and in the name of everybody here. What are you
    still on about?

    > Do try to think it out instead of getting your shorts twisted and lying,
    > as you are doing below -- because you don't like the message.

    Imbecile. Can you read?

    Since you are still posting, I have to ask you what happened to my
    questions?

    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on

  9. Re: eCS and OS/2 -- perpetual target

    On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 22:44:57 UTC, pasnfv15@nospam.com.net opined:

    > Gee you sure like being the dumbass, don't you rubini. For the record
    > -- which seems to be beyond your comprehension, I use OS/2 98% of the
    > time. I use windows for photo editing and some scanning because there are
    > no comparable OS/2 products. Period.

    Agreed. Officially, and in the name of everybody here. What are you
    still on about?

    > Do try to think it out instead of getting your shorts twisted and lying,
    > as you are doing below -- because you don't like the message.

    Imbecile. Can you read?

    Since you are still posting, I have to ask you what happened to my
    questions?

    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on
    Israel

  10. Re: eCS and OS/2 -- perpetual target

    Stan Goodman wrote:
    > On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 22:44:57 UTC, pasnfv15@nospam.com.net opined:
    >>

    >> Gee you sure like being the dumbass, don't you rubini. For the
    >> record -- which seems to be beyond your comprehension, I use OS/2
    >> 98% of the time. I use windows for photo editing and some scanning
    >> because there are no comparable OS/2 products. Period.

    > Agreed. Officially, and in the name of everybody here. What are you
    > still on about?

    It seems that the dimwit officially amditted being the same person as Tim
    Martin, aka OS2Gay. Isn't it strange that when I bash Timmy this moron feels
    compelled to give his reply?

    So you were right, Stan: this is nothing but Timmy's sock puppet. This guy
    has a split personality, but it's the case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde but,
    rather, Dr. Wanker and Mr. Jackass.

    Timmy/Eddie: you should really be one lonely creep, boy. I suppose whenever
    your dildo isn't enough, you look for company on Usenet... LOL

    Riccardo

  11. Re: eCS and OS/2 -- perpetual target

    Stan Goodman wrote:
    > On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 22:44:57 UTC, pasnfv15@nospam.com.net opined:
    >>

    >> Gee you sure like being the dumbass, don't you rubini. For the
    >> record -- which seems to be beyond your comprehension, I use OS/2
    >> 98% of the time. I use windows for photo editing and some scanning
    >> because there are no comparable OS/2 products. Period.

    > Agreed. Officially, and in the name of everybody here. What are you
    > still on about?

    It seems that the dimwit officially amditted being the same person as Tim
    Martin, aka OS2Gay. Isn't it strange that when I bash Timmy this moron feels
    compelled to give his reply?

    So you were right, Stan: this is nothing but Timmy's sock puppet. This guy
    has a split personality, but it's the case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde but,
    rather, Dr. Wanker and Mr. Jackass.

    Timmy/Eddie: you should really be one lonely creep, boy. I suppose whenever
    your dildo isn't enough, you look for company on Usenet... LOL

    Riccardo

  12. Re: eCS and OS/2 -- perpetual target

    In <477c2fed$0$17954$4fafbaef@reader1.news.tin.it>, on 01/03/2008
    at 01:44 AM, "Riccardo Rubini" said:

    >Stan Goodman wrote:
    >> On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 22:44:57 UTC, pasnfv15@nospam.com.net opined:
    >>>

    >>> Gee you sure like being the dumbass, don't you rubini. For the
    >>> record -- which seems to be beyond your comprehension, I use OS/2
    >>> 98% of the time. I use windows for photo editing and some scanning
    >>> because there are no comparable OS/2 products. Period.

    >> Agreed. Officially, and in the name of everybody here. What are you
    >> still on about?

    >It seems that the dimwit officially amditted being the same person as Tim
    > Martin, aka OS2Gay. Isn't it strange that when I bash Timmy this moron
    >feels compelled to give his reply?

    I said no such thing, you idiot.

    My responses are to correct your lies and driveling.

    If you weren't a village idiot, you would learn to connect the dots and
    think critically, thus avoiding your problems here.

    ....and dumbie, if I was tim martin, I wouldn't be using windows for photo
    editing and color scanning, I would be using a *mac.

    Now connect the dots dumbie!

    >So you were right, Stan: this is nothing but Timmy's sock puppet. This
    >guy has a split personality, but it's the case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr.
    >Hyde but, rather, Dr. Wanker and Mr. Jackass.

    >Timmy/Eddie: you should really be one lonely creep, boy. I suppose
    >whenever your dildo isn't enough, you look for company on Usenet... LOL

    >Riccardo

  13. Re: eCS and OS/2 -- perpetual target

    In <477c2fed$0$17954$4fafbaef@reader1.news.tin.it>, on 01/03/2008
    at 01:44 AM, "Riccardo Rubini" said:

    >Stan Goodman wrote:
    >> On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 22:44:57 UTC, pasnfv15@nospam.com.net opined:
    >>>

    >>> Gee you sure like being the dumbass, don't you rubini. For the
    >>> record -- which seems to be beyond your comprehension, I use OS/2
    >>> 98% of the time. I use windows for photo editing and some scanning
    >>> because there are no comparable OS/2 products. Period.

    >> Agreed. Officially, and in the name of everybody here. What are you
    >> still on about?

    >It seems that the dimwit officially amditted being the same person as Tim
    > Martin, aka OS2Gay. Isn't it strange that when I bash Timmy this moron
    >feels compelled to give his reply?

    I said no such thing, you idiot.

    My responses are to correct your lies and driveling.

    If you weren't a village idiot, you would learn to connect the dots and
    think critically, thus avoiding your problems here.

    ....and dumbie, if I was tim martin, I wouldn't be using windows for photo
    editing and color scanning, I would be using a *mac.

    Now connect the dots dumbie!

    >So you were right, Stan: this is nothing but Timmy's sock puppet. This
    >guy has a split personality, but it's the case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr.
    >Hyde but, rather, Dr. Wanker and Mr. Jackass.

    >Timmy/Eddie: you should really be one lonely creep, boy. I suppose
    >whenever your dildo isn't enough, you look for company on Usenet... LOL

    >Riccardo

  14. Re: eCS and OS/2 -- perpetual target

    goodman you have been told to post your question several time now. You
    are still whining, thus making yourself a village idiot, over and over.

    In , on 01/02/2008
    at 11:32 PM, "Stan Goodman" said:

    >On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 22:44:57 UTC, pasnfv15@nospam.com.net opined: >
    >>
    >> Gee you sure like being the dumbass, don't you rubini. For the record
    >> -- which seems to be beyond your comprehension, I use OS/2 98% of the
    >> time. I use windows for photo editing and some scanning because there are
    >> no comparable OS/2 products. Period.

    >Agreed. Officially, and in the name of everybody here. What are you
    >still on about?
    >

    >> Do try to think it out instead of getting your shorts twisted and lying,
    >> as you are doing below -- because you don't like the message.

    >Imbecile. Can you read?
    >
    >Since you are still posting, I have to ask you what happened to my
    >questions?

  15. Re: eCS and OS/2 -- perpetual target

    at 11:32 PM, "Stan Goodman" said:

    >On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 22:44:57 UTC, pasnfv15@nospam.com.net opined: >
    >>
    >> Gee you sure like being the dumbass, don't you rubini. For the record
    >> -- which seems to be beyond your comprehension, I use OS/2 98% of the
    >> time. I use windows for photo editing and some scanning because there are
    >> no comparable OS/2 products. Period.

    >Agreed. Officially, and in the name of everybody here. What are you
    >still on about?
    >

    >> Do try to think it out instead of getting your shorts twisted and lying,
    >> as you are doing below -- because you don't like the message.

    >Imbecile. Can you read?
    >
    >Since you are still posting, I have to ask you what happened to my
    >questions?

  16. Re: eCS and OS/2 -- perpetual target

    pasnfv15@nospam.com.net wrote:

    >> It seems that the dimwit officially amditted being the same person
    >> as Tim Martin, aka OS2Gay. Isn't it strange that when I bash Timmy
    >> this moron feels compelled to give his reply?

    > I said no such thing, you idiot.

    Said what?

    > My responses are to correct your lies and driveling.

    What you're talking about, jackass?

    > If you weren't a village idiot, you would learn to connect the dots
    > and think critically, thus avoiding your problems here.

    Problems? I don't have any problems here, but you clearly do. "Village
    idiot" ? If you have to call people names, please refrain from recycling
    those already given to you from a long time, village idiot.

    > ...and dumbie, if I was tim martin, I wouldn't be using windows for
    > photo editing and color scanning, I would be using a *mac.

    LOL. Yes, Tim. Sure. You know what? You should try just a little harder to
    disguise yourself when playing the sockpuppet game.

    > Now connect the dots dumbie!

    We've all done that already, sockpuppet :-)

    Now crawl back behind your rock again, moron.

    Riccardo

  17. Re: eCS and OS/2 -- perpetual target

    pasnfv15@nospam.com.net wrote:

    >> It seems that the dimwit officially amditted being the same person
    >> as Tim Martin, aka OS2Gay. Isn't it strange that when I bash Timmy
    >> this moron feels compelled to give his reply?

    > I said no such thing, you idiot.

    Said what?

    > My responses are to correct your lies and driveling.

    What you're talking about, jackass?

    > If you weren't a village idiot, you would learn to connect the dots
    > and think critically, thus avoiding your problems here.

    Problems? I don't have any problems here, but you clearly do. "Village
    idiot" ? If you have to call people names, please refrain from recycling
    those already given to you from a long time, village idiot.

    > ...and dumbie, if I was tim martin, I wouldn't be using windows for
    > photo editing and color scanning, I would be using a *mac.

    LOL. Yes, Tim. Sure. You know what? You should try just a little harder to
    disguise yourself when playing the sockpuppet game.

    > Now connect the dots dumbie!

    We've all done that already, sockpuppet :-)

    Now crawl back behind your rock again, moron.

    Riccardo

  18. Re: eCS and OS/2 -- perpetual target

    On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 08:24:55 UTC, pasnfv15@nospam.com.net opined:
    > In <477c2fed$0$17954$4fafbaef@reader1.news.tin.it>, on 01/03/2008
    > at 01:44 AM, "Riccardo Rubini" said:
    >

    > >Stan Goodman wrote:
    > >> On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 22:44:57 UTC, pasnfv15@nospam.com.net opined:

    > >> Agreed. Officially, and in the name of everybody here. What are you
    > >> still on about?

    > >It seems that the dimwit officially amditted being the same person as Tim
    > > Martin, aka OS2Gay. Isn't it strange that when I bash Timmy this moron
    > >feels compelled to give his reply?

    > I said no such thing, you idiot.

    You don't need to. Everybody knows it.

    > My responses are to correct your lies and driveling.

    But you are the only liar here. And driveling/dribbling is something
    that only you do.

    > If you weren't a village idiot, you would learn to connect the dots and
    > think critically, thus avoiding your problems here.
    >
    > ...and dumbie, if I was tim martin, I wouldn't be using windows for photo
    > editing and color scanning, I would be using a *mac.

    What a fiendishly clever disguise. Nobody knows or cares what you use
    for photo editing and color scanning or anything else.

    > Now connect the dots dumbie!

    Oy!

    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on

  19. Re: eCS and OS/2 -- perpetual target

    On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 08:24:55 UTC, pasnfv15@nospam.com.net opined:
    > In <477c2fed$0$17954$4fafbaef@reader1.news.tin.it>, on 01/03/2008
    > at 01:44 AM, "Riccardo Rubini" said:
    >

    > >Stan Goodman wrote:
    > >> On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 22:44:57 UTC, pasnfv15@nospam.com.net opined:

    > >> Agreed. Officially, and in the name of everybody here. What are you
    > >> still on about?

    > >It seems that the dimwit officially amditted being the same person as Tim
    > > Martin, aka OS2Gay. Isn't it strange that when I bash Timmy this moron
    > >feels compelled to give his reply?

    > I said no such thing, you idiot.

    You don't need to. Everybody knows it.

    > My responses are to correct your lies and driveling.

    But you are the only liar here. And driveling/dribbling is something
    that only you do.

    > If you weren't a village idiot, you would learn to connect the dots and
    > think critically, thus avoiding your problems here.
    >
    > ...and dumbie, if I was tim martin, I wouldn't be using windows for photo
    > editing and color scanning, I would be using a *mac.

    What a fiendishly clever disguise. Nobody knows or cares what you use
    for photo editing and color scanning or anything else.

    > Now connect the dots dumbie!

    Oy!

    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on

  20. Re: eCS and OS/2 -- perpetual target

    On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 08:24:56 UTC, pasnfv15@nospam.com.net opined:

    > goodman you have been told to post your question several time now. You
    > are still whining, thus making yourself a village idiot, over and over.

    Actually, I am a past chairman of Mensa Israel.

    I really don't know what to do about your failure to find the
    message in question. I have told you how to find it, and I have
    reposted it because4 that didn't help. If I knew your email address, I
    would send you a copy. But you are right -- if you keep denying long
    enough that you haven't seen it, you are obviously unable to answer.
    Of course, everybody else here knows what you are doing, so it can't
    be said that you are getting away with anything. But on the other
    hand, when have you ever cared about the opinion of others?

    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on

+ Reply to Thread