updating firefox - OS2

This is a discussion on updating firefox - OS2 ; I'm about to update firefox from 2.0.0.1 to 2.0.0.11. Besides from the bookmarks file, what other files should be preserved in order to keep my preferences/settings. Can I copy Mozilla\Firefox\profiles from 2.0.0.1 to 2.0.0.11 What is commom practice? Rgds, Mat...

  1. updating firefox

    I'm about to update firefox from 2.0.0.1 to 2.0.0.11.
    Besides from the bookmarks file, what other files should be preserved
    in order to keep my preferences/settings.
    Can I copy Mozilla\Firefox\profiles from 2.0.0.1 to 2.0.0.11
    What is commom practice?

    Rgds, Mat

  2. Re: updating firefox

    On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 21:10:10 UTC, fanell@kth.se wrote:

    -> I'm about to update firefox from 2.0.0.1 to 2.0.0.11.
    -> Besides from the bookmarks file, what other files should be preserved
    -> in order to keep my preferences/settings.
    -> Can I copy Mozilla\Firefox\profiles from 2.0.0.1 to 2.0.0.11
    -> What is commom practice?
    ->
    -> Rgds, Mat

    The recommended practise is to set the path to the profile in
    config.sys so it will be used by whatever updated version you use:

    SET MOZILLA_HOME=

    You can do the same for plugins using

    SET MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.warpstock.eu

  3. Re: updating firefox

    > The recommended practise is to set the path to the profile in
    > config.sys so it will be used by whatever updated version you use:
    >
    > SET MOZILLA_HOME=
    >
    > You can do the same for plugins using
    >
    > SET MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=
    >
    > Mark