[New] DragText v3.9 - OS2

This is a discussion on [New] DragText v3.9 - OS2 ; I'm pleased to announce the release of DragText v3.9. DragText, a "distinctly different Desktop enhancement" adds features not found anywhere else: drag & drop text in standard windows, access to WPS objects from every program, and OverDrag, the most comprehensive ...

  1. [New] DragText v3.9

    I'm pleased to announce the release of DragText v3.9.

    DragText, a "distinctly different Desktop enhancement" adds features
    not found anywhere else: drag & drop text in standard windows, access
    to WPS objects from every program, and OverDrag, the most comprehensive
    set of while-you-drag features found on any platform. It also offers
    DTProgram, a significant enhancement of the WPS Program object.

    New in v3.9 is NLS support. German, Dutch, French, Italian, & Swedish
    are included, and adding other languages is uncommonly easy - no tools
    or technical knowledge needed.

    v3.9 is available from:
    http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-sea...y=drgtxt39.zip
    or
    http://e-vertise.com/dragtext/drgtxt39.zip

    DT's Basic features (d&d text, most OverDrag features, and DTProgram)
    are freeware and never require registration. DT's Extended features
    (files, access to WPS objects, and OverDrag's WPS features) offer a
    6-week free trial. Continued use is only $20(US) through Mensys or
    BMT Micro.

    --
    == == almost usable email address: Rich AT E-vertise.Com == ==

    | New! DragText v3.9 with NLS support
    Rich Walsh | A Distinctly Different Desktop Enhancement
    Ft Myers, FL | http://e-vertise.com/dragtext/

  2. Re: DragText v3.9

    On 2 Gen, 10:45, "Rich Walsh" wrote:
    > I'm pleased to announce the release of DragText v3.9.
    >
    > DragText, a "distinctly different Desktop enhancement" adds features
    > not found anywhere else: *drag & drop text in standard windows, access
    > to WPS objects from every program, and OverDrag, the most comprehensive
    > set of while-you-drag features found on any platform. *It also offers
    > DTProgram, a significant enhancement of the WPS Program object.
    >
    > New in v3.9 is NLS support. *German, Dutch, French, Italian, & Swedish
    > are included, and adding other languages is uncommonly easy - no tools
    > or technical knowledge needed.

    Great!
    Mentore

  3. Re: DragText v3.9

    On 2 Gen, 10:45, "Rich Walsh" wrote:
    > I'm pleased to announce the release of DragText v3.9.
    >
    > DragText, a "distinctly different Desktop enhancement" adds features
    > not found anywhere else: *drag & drop text in standard windows, access
    > to WPS objects from every program, and OverDrag, the most comprehensive
    > set of while-you-drag features found on any platform. *It also offers
    > DTProgram, a significant enhancement of the WPS Program object.
    >
    > New in v3.9 is NLS support. *German, Dutch, French, Italian, & Swedish
    > are included, and adding other languages is uncommonly easy - no tools
    > or technical knowledge needed.

    Great!
    Mentore

  4. Re: [New] DragText v3.9

    On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 09:45:17 UTC, "Rich Walsh"
    opined:

    > I'm pleased to announce the release of DragText v3.9.
    >
    > DragText, a "distinctly different Desktop enhancement" adds features
    > not found anywhere else: drag & drop text in standard windows, access
    > to WPS objects from every program, and OverDrag, the most comprehensive
    > set of while-you-drag features found on any platform. It also offers
    > DTProgram, a significant enhancement of the WPS Program object.
    >
    > New in v3.9 is NLS support. German, Dutch, French, Italian, & Swedish
    > are included, and adding other languages is uncommonly easy - no tools
    > or technical knowledge needed.
    >
    > v3.9 is available from:
    > http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-sea...y=drgtxt39.zip
    > or
    > http://e-vertise.com/dragtext/drgtxt39.zip
    >
    > DT's Basic features (d&d text, most OverDrag features, and DTProgram)
    > are freeware and never require registration. DT's Extended features
    > (files, access to WPS objects, and OverDrag's WPS features) offer a
    > 6-week free trial. Continued use is only $20(US) through Mensys or
    > BMT Micro.

    Good news yet again. Thanks, Rich.

    I'm guessing that the final sentence means $20 is for new
    installation, not for updates.

    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on

  5. Re: [New] DragText v3.9

    On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 09:45:17 UTC, "Rich Walsh"
    opined:

    > I'm pleased to announce the release of DragText v3.9.
    >
    > DragText, a "distinctly different Desktop enhancement" adds features
    > not found anywhere else: drag & drop text in standard windows, access
    > to WPS objects from every program, and OverDrag, the most comprehensive
    > set of while-you-drag features found on any platform. It also offers
    > DTProgram, a significant enhancement of the WPS Program object.
    >
    > New in v3.9 is NLS support. German, Dutch, French, Italian, & Swedish
    > are included, and adding other languages is uncommonly easy - no tools
    > or technical knowledge needed.
    >
    > v3.9 is available from:
    > http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-sea...y=drgtxt39.zip
    > or
    > http://e-vertise.com/dragtext/drgtxt39.zip
    >
    > DT's Basic features (d&d text, most OverDrag features, and DTProgram)
    > are freeware and never require registration. DT's Extended features
    > (files, access to WPS objects, and OverDrag's WPS features) offer a
    > 6-week free trial. Continued use is only $20(US) through Mensys or
    > BMT Micro.

    Good news yet again. Thanks, Rich.

    I'm guessing that the final sentence means $20 is for new
    installation, not for updates.

    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on
    Israel

  6. Re: [New] DragText v3.9

    I just ran DTSetup.Exe
    and and my registration was OK
    Søren

    On 02 Jan 2008 15:21:29 GMT, Stan Goodman wrote:

    >On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 09:45:17 UTC, "Rich Walsh"
    >opined:
    >>
    >> I'm pleased to announce the release of DragText v3.9.
    >>
    >> DragText, a "distinctly different Desktop enhancement" adds features
    >> not found anywhere else: drag & drop text in standard windows, access
    >> to WPS objects from every program, and OverDrag, the most comprehensive
    >> set of while-you-drag features found on any platform. It also offers
    >> DTProgram, a significant enhancement of the WPS Program object.
    >>
    >> New in v3.9 is NLS support. German, Dutch, French, Italian, & Swedish
    >> are included, and adding other languages is uncommonly easy - no tools
    >> or technical knowledge needed.
    >>
    >> v3.9 is available from:
    >> http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-sea...y=drgtxt39.zip
    >> or
    >> http://e-vertise.com/dragtext/drgtxt39.zip
    >>
    >> DT's Basic features (d&d text, most OverDrag features, and DTProgram)
    >> are freeware and never require registration. DT's Extended features
    >> (files, access to WPS objects, and OverDrag's WPS features) offer a
    >> 6-week free trial. Continued use is only $20(US) through Mensys or
    >> BMT Micro.

    >Good news yet again. Thanks, Rich.
    >
    >I'm guessing that the final sentence means $20 is for new
    >installation, not for updates.
    >
    >--
    >Stan Goodman
    >Qiryat Tiv'on
    >Israel

    * Soren Birkelund Hansen < sorenbh@privat.dk >
    * DK-4000 Roskilde
    * N 55.64427 E 12.09586 CET

  7. Re: [New] DragText v3.9

    I just ran DTSetup.Exe
    and and my registration was OK
    Søren

    On 02 Jan 2008 15:21:29 GMT, Stan Goodman wrote:

    >On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 09:45:17 UTC, "Rich Walsh"
    >opined:
    >>
    >> I'm pleased to announce the release of DragText v3.9.
    >>
    >> DragText, a "distinctly different Desktop enhancement" adds features
    >> not found anywhere else: drag & drop text in standard windows, access
    >> to WPS objects from every program, and OverDrag, the most comprehensive
    >> set of while-you-drag features found on any platform. It also offers
    >> DTProgram, a significant enhancement of the WPS Program object.
    >>
    >> New in v3.9 is NLS support. German, Dutch, French, Italian, & Swedish
    >> are included, and adding other languages is uncommonly easy - no tools
    >> or technical knowledge needed.
    >>
    >> v3.9 is available from:
    >> http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-sea...y=drgtxt39.zip
    >> or
    >> http://e-vertise.com/dragtext/drgtxt39.zip
    >>
    >> DT's Basic features (d&d text, most OverDrag features, and DTProgram)
    >> are freeware and never require registration. DT's Extended features
    >> (files, access to WPS objects, and OverDrag's WPS features) offer a
    >> 6-week free trial. Continued use is only $20(US) through Mensys or
    >> BMT Micro.

    >Good news yet again. Thanks, Rich.
    >
    >I'm guessing that the final sentence means $20 is for new
    >installation, not for updates.
    >
    >--
    >Stan Goodman
    >Qiryat Tiv'on
    >Israel

    * Soren Birkelund Hansen < sorenbh@privat.dk >
    * DK-4000 Roskilde
    * N 55.64427 E 12.09586 CET

  8. Re: [New] DragText v3.9

    On 02 Jan 2008 15:21:29 GMT, Stan Goodman wrote:

    >> 6-week free trial. Continued use is only $20(US) through Mensys or
    >> BMT Micro.

    >I'm guessing that the final sentence means $20 is for new
    >installation, not for updates.

    Continued use beyond the 6 week free trial that is. The 3.8 key will work
    with 3.9 as well.

    However, re-registration is certainly possible ;o)

    Cheers
    Andreas

    --

    Andreas Ludwig
    Vancouver, BC

  9. Re: [New] DragText v3.9

    On 02 Jan 2008 15:21:29 GMT, Stan Goodman wrote:

    >> 6-week free trial. Continued use is only $20(US) through Mensys or
    >> BMT Micro.

    >I'm guessing that the final sentence means $20 is for new
    >installation, not for updates.

    Continued use beyond the 6 week free trial that is. The 3.8 key will work
    with 3.9 as well.

    However, re-registration is certainly possible ;o)

    Cheers
    Andreas

    --

    Andreas Ludwig
    Vancouver, BC
    using PMINews 2 on eCS 1.2R German!
    http://andreas-ludwig.info/

  10. Re: [New] DragText v3.9

    On 02 Jan 2008 09:45:17 GMT, Rich Walsh wrote:

    >I'm pleased to announce the release of DragText v3.9.

    GREAT news. And works flawlessly. I wanted to write a 'first look', but what
    can you say: Install, run and it works in your national language (as long as
    it's available). Nothing to write about (no workarounds, obvious limitations
    etc.).

    Some ideas for version 4:

    - WPSWizzard and DragText overdrag compatibility
    - DragText support for OOo/2
    - Disable a folder's work area setting on the fly when opening it with
    overdrag (so that objects in the folder do not open and cancel the overdrag)
    - Overdrag via XCenter's taskbar (or lswitcher) - like seen in Windows ;o)

    OKOK, The last point seems superfluous, the third might be dangerous (as
    discussed, maybe as an unsupported feature to be enabled by manually setting
    some ini entry), the second a big task and rather for the OOo developers than
    for you and the first is maybe not even something you can do anything about,
    but: You need to be creative to improve such a perfect little tool ;o)

    Cheers and thanks again
    Andreas

    --

    Andreas Ludwig
    Vancouver, BC
    using PMINews 2 on eCS 1.2R German!
    http://andreas-ludwig.info/

  11. Re: [New] DragText v3.9

    On 02 Jan 2008 09:45:17 GMT, Rich Walsh wrote:

    >I'm pleased to announce the release of DragText v3.9.

    GREAT news. And works flawlessly. I wanted to write a 'first look', but what
    can you say: Install, run and it works in your national language (as long as
    it's available). Nothing to write about (no workarounds, obvious limitations
    etc.).

    Some ideas for version 4:

    - WPSWizzard and DragText overdrag compatibility
    - DragText support for OOo/2
    - Disable a folder's work area setting on the fly when opening it with
    overdrag (so that objects in the folder do not open and cancel the overdrag)
    - Overdrag via XCenter's taskbar (or lswitcher) - like seen in Windows ;o)

    OKOK, The last point seems superfluous, the third might be dangerous (as
    discussed, maybe as an unsupported feature to be enabled by manually setting
    some ini entry), the second a big task and rather for the OOo developers than
    for you and the first is maybe not even something you can do anything about,
    but: You need to be creative to improve such a perfect little tool ;o)

    Cheers and thanks again
    Andreas

    --

    Andreas Ludwig
    Vancouver, BC
    using PMINews 2 on eCS 1.2R German!
    http://andreas-ludwig.info/

  12. Re: DragText v3.9

    On 2 Gen, 16:21, "Stan Goodman" wrote:
    > On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 09:45:17 UTC, "Rich Walsh"
    > opined:
    >

    > > I'm pleased to announce the release of DragText v3.9.

    > > DragText, a "distinctly different Desktop enhancement" adds features
    > > not found anywhere else: *drag & drop text in standard windows, access
    > > to WPS objects from every program, and OverDrag, the most comprehensive
    > > set of while-you-drag features found on any platform. *It also offers
    > > DTProgram, a significant enhancement of the WPS Program object.

    > > New in v3.9 is NLS support. *German, Dutch, French, Italian, & Swedish
    > > are included, and adding other languages is uncommonly easy - no tools
    > > or technical knowledge needed.

    > > v3.9 is available from:
    > > *http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-sea...y=drgtxt39.zip
    > > or
    > > *http://e-vertise.com/dragtext/drgtxt39.zip

    > > DT's Basic features (d&d text, most OverDrag features, and DTProgram)
    > > are freeware and never require registration. *DT's Extended features
    > > (files, access to WPS objects, and OverDrag's WPS features) offer a
    > > 6-week free trial. *Continued use is only $20(US) through Mensys or
    > > BMT Micro.

    > Good news yet again. Thanks, Rich.

    Forgot to say that ASAP I will go back to the Italian NLS. At this
    time I'm a little stuck :-(

    Mentore

  13. Re: DragText v3.9

    On 2 Gen, 16:21, "Stan Goodman" wrote:
    > On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 09:45:17 UTC, "Rich Walsh"
    > opined:
    >

    > > I'm pleased to announce the release of DragText v3.9.

    > > DragText, a "distinctly different Desktop enhancement" adds features
    > > not found anywhere else: *drag & drop text in standard windows, access
    > > to WPS objects from every program, and OverDrag, the most comprehensive
    > > set of while-you-drag features found on any platform. *It also offers
    > > DTProgram, a significant enhancement of the WPS Program object.

    > > New in v3.9 is NLS support. *German, Dutch, French, Italian, & Swedish
    > > are included, and adding other languages is uncommonly easy - no tools
    > > or technical knowledge needed.

    > > v3.9 is available from:
    > > *http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-sea...y=drgtxt39.zip
    > > or
    > > *http://e-vertise.com/dragtext/drgtxt39.zip

    > > DT's Basic features (d&d text, most OverDrag features, and DTProgram)
    > > are freeware and never require registration. *DT's Extended features
    > > (files, access to WPS objects, and OverDrag's WPS features) offer a
    > > 6-week free trial. *Continued use is only $20(US) through Mensys or
    > > BMT Micro.

    > Good news yet again. Thanks, Rich.

    Forgot to say that ASAP I will go back to the Italian NLS. At this
    time I'm a little stuck :-(

    Mentore

  14. Re: [New] DragText v3.9

    On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 07:18:44 UTC, "Andreas Ludwig" wrote:
    > On 02 Jan 2008 09:45:17 GMT, Rich Walsh wrote:
    >
    > >I'm pleased to announce the release of DragText v3.9.

    > GREAT news. And works flawlessly. I wanted to write a 'first look', but what
    > can you say: Install, run and it works in your national language (as long as
    > it's available).

    Sorry, I couldn't find anyone to translate it into Canadian-German
    ("Sprichst du Deutsch, eh?")

    > Some ideas for version 4:
    >
    > - WPSWizzard and DragText overdrag compatibility

    I finally got Chris W's email address & advised him of the problem.

    --
    == == almost usable email address: Rich AT E-vertise.Com == ==

    | New! DragText v3.9 with NLS support
    Rich Walsh | A Distinctly Different Desktop Enhancement
    Ft Myers, FL | http://e-vertise.com/dragtext/

  15. Re: [New] DragText v3.9

    On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 07:18:44 UTC, "Andreas Ludwig" wrote:
    > On 02 Jan 2008 09:45:17 GMT, Rich Walsh wrote:
    >
    > >I'm pleased to announce the release of DragText v3.9.

    > GREAT news. And works flawlessly. I wanted to write a 'first look', but what
    > can you say: Install, run and it works in your national language (as long as
    > it's available).

    Sorry, I couldn't find anyone to translate it into Canadian-German
    ("Sprichst du Deutsch, eh?")

    > Some ideas for version 4:
    >
    > - WPSWizzard and DragText overdrag compatibility

    I finally got Chris W's email address & advised him of the problem.

    --
    == == almost usable email address: Rich AT E-vertise.Com == ==

    | New! DragText v3.9 with NLS support
    Rich Walsh | A Distinctly Different Desktop Enhancement
    Ft Myers, FL | http://e-vertise.com/dragtext/

  16. Re: [New] DragText v3.9

    On 03 Jan 2008 11:27:44 GMT, Rich Walsh wrote:

    >> - WPSWizzard and DragText overdrag compatibility

    >I finally got Chris W's email address & advised him of the problem.

    Cool. so do you have an idea what is going on already?

    Cheers
    Andreas

    PS.: Ja ich spreche Deutsch, even in Western Canada ;o)

    --

    Andreas Ludwig
    Vancouver, BC
    using PMINews 2 on eCS 1.2R German!
    http://andreas-ludwig.info/

  17. Re: [New] DragText v3.9

    On 03 Jan 2008 11:27:44 GMT, Rich Walsh wrote:

    >> - WPSWizzard and DragText overdrag compatibility

    >I finally got Chris W's email address & advised him of the problem.

    Cool. so do you have an idea what is going on already?

    Cheers
    Andreas

    PS.: Ja ich spreche Deutsch, even in Western Canada ;o)

    --

    Andreas Ludwig
    Vancouver, BC
    using PMINews 2 on eCS 1.2R German!