FOR and SET - OS2

This is a discussion on FOR and SET - OS2 ; I tried the following commands: set ff=. for %i in (*) do set ff=%i;%ff% in the hope that %ff% is growing but that is not the case. The FOR command retrieves the ff environment variable as it was the before ...

  1. FOR and SET

    I tried the following commands:
    set ff=.
    for %i in (*) do set ff=%i;%ff%

    in the hope that %ff% is growing but that is not the case. The FOR
    command retrieves the ff environment variable as it was the before the
    set statement and it exports it after the for statement.

    how can I achieve that all filenames are concatenated?

    martin

  2. Re: FOR and SET

    In <5ed53c9b-3221-490a-951f-481d54d2b2ed@w47g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>, on
    12/30/2007
    at 02:12 PM, " " said:

    Hi,

    >I tried the following commands:
    >set ff=.
    >for %i in (*) do set ff=%i;%ff%

    >how can I achieve that all filenames are concatenated?

    Cmd.exe is brain-dead. Use 4OS2 or any other competent shell.

    Steven

    Steven Levine MR2/ICE 3.00 beta 10pre #10183