Friday Potluck - OS2

This is a discussion on Friday Potluck - OS2 ; iPhone Tip - Shutting Phone Functions Off How do you switch the phone functions off but keep the rest of your iPhone functioning? ( Find out at OS2Guy Blog ) iPhone WiFi Purchase Patent Granted To Apple Forbes is reporting ...

  1. Friday Potluck

    iPhone Tip - Shutting Phone Functions Off
    How do you switch the phone functions off but keep the rest of your
    iPhone functioning? ( Find out at OS2Guy Blog )

    iPhone WiFi Purchase Patent Granted To Apple
    Forbes is reporting that Apple has been granted a patent that will
    allow iPhone owners to purchase just about anything you want ...
    ( Find out at OS2Guy Blog )

    Apple Shares Opened Over $200 Today.

    As always beautiful HD desktop wallpapers available to all visitors.

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    http://www.os2guy.com

  2. Re: Friday Potluck

    Tim Sipples once help me by turning me on to several low-cost special
    buys. Let me do the same for you:

    Apple's online store is offering refurbished current-generation
    aluminum iMacs for as little as $1,049 with a standard one-year
    warranty and free shipping.

    ttp://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?node=home/specialdeals/mac&cid=AOS-US-AFFC-CPU&aosid=p201&AID=10480985&PID=1657899

    The Cupertino-based company has listed its reconditioned aluminum iMac
    20-inch 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 1GB of memory, a 250GB hard
    drive, an 8X SuperDrive CD/DVD burner, and an ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT
    graphics card for $1,049.

    Two other aluminum iMacs -- the 20-inch 2.4GHz model and the 24-inch
    2.4GHz model priced at $1,299 and $1,549, respectively -- are also
    available with 1GB of memory, a 20GB hard drive, an 8x SuperDrive CD/
    DVD burner, and an ATI Radeon HD2600 PRO graphics card.

    Apple's online offerings also list a Mac mini 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    system with 1GB of memory, a 120GB hard drive, and a SuperDrive CD/DVD
    burner for $679.

    Note: Refurbished from Apple is not a bad word. You're not dealing
    with a third party company fixing bad computers. You are dealing
    directly with the company that *makes* the computers. They remove/
    replace any piece of hardware that is reported as not working
    correctly, run it through 200 hours of pre-tests then offer it back to
    the buying public with a full year's warranty as well as an additional
    AppleCare contract (if you want it).

    Most Mac users never purchase AppleCare. Why? Apple's hardware is so
    good there is rarely, if ever, a reason to pay an additional feel
    "just in case" a part goes out. If you're a worry-wort over such
    things or a person with just plain bad luck, then buy AppleCare.

    If you've been thinking about moving to the Mac, this is a great
    opportunity!

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    http://www.os2guy.com

  3. Re: Friday Potluck

    On Dec 28, 8:17 pm, " The OS/2 Guy " wrote:

    > If you've been thinking about moving to the Mac, this is a great
    > opportunity!
    >
    > Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    > Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Todayhttp://www.os2guy.com

    thanks so much for this, young Tim.

    to pursue our previous discussion, have you ever wondered how you'd
    have fared during the Spanish Inquisition? a bleak chapter in
    history, to be sure, when with the support of church and state, self-
    appointed zealots indulged their impulses to animal cruelty.

    the ostensible purpose was to convert the heretic. you won't mind an
    observation that you are familiar with heresy -- some here would say
    you yourself lend credibility to this most dubious of indictments.

    back in the day, the Inquisition had all sorts of devilish weapons in
    its arsenal. have a look at some of these, and imagine yourself in
    the clutches of Torquemada's minions:

    http://www.occasionalhell.com/infdevice

    you don't have children, Tim -- do you? (I imagine not, you're such a
    busy fellow!) here's one way you could create another "Tim Martin,"
    as the razor sharp blade slowly edged up your heinie, until, probably
    just as it sheared your pelvic bone in half, the thing would in an
    eyeblink cut all the way through your torso. probably only one part
    of you would get the spine and head and other goodies, but beforehand,
    we could all take bets on which side it was!

    http://www.occasionalhell.com/infdev...anish%20Donkey

    hee hee, just kidding!!!!

    -rafe!

  4. Re: Friday Potluck

    On Dec 29, 8:47 am, rafe wrote:
    > On Dec 28, 8:17 pm, " The OS/2 Guy " wrote:
    >
    > > If you've been thinking about moving to the Mac, this is a great
    > > opportunity!

    > > Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    > > Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Todayhttp://www.os2guy.com

    > thanks so much for this, young Tim.
    >
    > to pursue our previous discussion, have you ever wondered how you'd
    > have fared during the Spanish Inquisition? a bleak chapter in
    > history, to be sure, when with the support of church and state, self-
    > appointed zealots indulged their impulses to animal cruelty.
    >
    > the ostensible purpose was to convert the heretic. you won't mind an
    > observation that you are familiar with heresy -- some here would say
    > you yourself lend credibility to this most dubious of indictments.
    >
    > back in the day, the Inquisition had all sorts of devilish weapons in
    > its arsenal. have a look at some of these, and imagine yourself in
    > the clutches of Torquemada's minions:
    >
    > http://www.occasionalhell.com/infdevice
    >
    > you don't have children, Tim -- do you? (I imagine not, you're such a
    > busy fellow!) here's one way you could create another "Tim Martin,"
    > as the razor sharp blade slowly edged up your heinie, until, probably
    > just as it sheared your pelvic bone in half, the thing would in an
    > eyeblink cut all the way through your torso. probably only one part
    > of you would get the spine and head and other goodies, but beforehand,
    > we could all take bets on which side it was!
    >
    > http://www.occasionalhell.com/infdev...rdID=Spanish%2...
    >
    > hee hee, just kidding!!!!
    >
    > -rafe!

    Rafe, you appear to have a little too much time on your hands. I'm
    supposing you are retired and if you are how about donating your
    'extra' time to a worthy cause or perhaps starting a blog where you're
    more apt to find an audience for your ... creativity?

    Tim...

  5. Re: Friday Potluck

    On Dec 29, 3:51 pm, " The OS/2 Guy " wrote:

    > Rafe, you appear to have a little too much time on your hands. I'm
    > supposing you are retired and if you are how about donating your
    > 'extra' time to a worthy cause or perhaps starting a blog where you're
    > more apt to find an audience for your ... creativity?
    >
    > Tim...

    thanks for your concern & interest. no, I am not retired, I am quite
    active and a successful freelance writer of some repute -- see
    www.ray-field.com -- and reponding to your posts provides me with a
    few minutes' diversion from the daily crush.

    but I do feel like I'm serving a worthy cause, mon ami. in case you
    weren't aware over the years you have made your presence in these
    groups obnoxious to many of us, nor by accident. and so, I'll confess
    that by way of entertaining fellow OS/2 devotees who are really
    interested in using and discussing OS/2 -- which by the way is the
    purpose of comp.os.os2.misc -- I was moved to submit philosophical and
    illuminating posts about interesting ways in which your life might
    come to a bloody and terrifying end. such as for example, your head
    being tightly clamped into a vise before an AC-powered electrical
    drill fitted with a 2" bit is driven into your skull at a point just
    above your neck, behind your right ear, and on a path to emerge
    approximately between your eyes, the rivulets of blood only briefly
    stanched by the clogged bits of brain and skull clinging to the
    spinning drill as it is withdrawn from your skull.

    it's not a big contribution, I'll grant you, but one does what one can!

  6. Re: Friday Potluck

    On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 20:29:38 UTC, rafe wrote:

    > it's not a big contribution, I'll grant you, but one does what one can!

    and we deeply appreciate it...

    --
    == == almost usable email address: Rich AT E-vertise.Com == ==

    | New! DragText v3.9 with NLS support
    Rich Walsh | A Distinctly Different Desktop Enhancement
    Ft Myers, FL | http://e-vertise.com/dragtext/