Papyrus - OS2

This is a discussion on Papyrus - OS2 ; In de.comp.os.os2.apps it has been reported that an OS/2 build of the latest Papyrus version is coming in January. Perce...

  1. Papyrus

    In de.comp.os.os2.apps it has been reported that an OS/2 build of the
    latest Papyrus version is coming in January.

    Perce

  2. Re: Papyrus

    On 12/27/07 07:25 pm, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
    > In de.comp.os.os2.apps it has been reported that an OS/2 build of the
    > latest Papyrus version is coming in January.

    ROTFL.

    (Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)

  3. Re: Papyrus

    Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
    > In de.comp.os.os2.apps it has been reported that an OS/2 build of the
    > latest Papyrus version is coming in January.

    That would be great.

    Did they also say in what year?

    Piersante

  4. Re: Papyrus

    On 12/28/07 10:52 am piesse wrote:

    >> In de.comp.os.os2.apps it has been reported that an OS/2 build of the
    >> latest Papyrus version is coming in January.

    > That would be great.
    >
    > Did they also say in what year?

    The implication was "January 2008." No only I, but those who responded
    to the post in de.comp.os.os2.apps, seem to have taken it the same way.

    I've never even tried Papyrus, so I have no idea if the announcement is
    of great significance.

    Perce

  5. Re: Papyrus

    On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 20:00:22 UTC, "Percival P. Cassidy"
    opined:
    > On 12/28/07 10:52 am piesse wrote:
    >
    > >> In de.comp.os.os2.apps it has been reported that an OS/2 build of the
    > >> latest Papyrus version is coming in January.

    > > That would be great.
    > >
    > > Did they also say in what year?

    > The implication was "January 2008." No only I, but those who responded
    > to the post in de.comp.os.os2.apps, seem to have taken it the same way.

    You can be certain that anyone who has assumed a January 2008 date has
    never had any contact with the people at Papyrus. The Papyrus people
    live in a different space-time continuum from you and I.

    > I've never even tried Papyrus, so I have no idea if the announcement is
    > of great significance.

    Ah! That explains it.

    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on

  6. Re: Papyrus

    Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
    > The implication was "January 2008." No only I, but those who responded
    > to the post in de.comp.os.os2.apps, seem to have taken it the same way.

    I apologize, I forgot to add a smiley :-)

    > I've never even tried Papyrus, so I have no idea if the announcement is
    > of great significance.

    Papyrus is an excellent program, and after the death of Describe and the
    progressive ageing of staroffice5.1 os/2-eCS is in great need for an
    usable word processor (and the current release of openoffice is way too
    heavy).
    I will surely buy it if it happens to come out.

    But, as others have remarked, they have a very long record of unmeet
    announcements, so I will wait before getting excited...

    Piersante

    > Perce

  7. Re: Papyrus

    On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 20:22:04 UTC, piesse
    opined:
    > Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
    > > The implication was "January 2008." No only I, but those who responded
    > > to the post in de.comp.os.os2.apps, seem to have taken it the same way.

    > I apologize, I forgot to add a smiley :-)
    >

    > > I've never even tried Papyrus, so I have no idea if the announcement is
    > > of great significance.
    > >

    > Papyrus is an excellent program, and after the death of Describe and the
    > progressive ageing of staroffice5.1 os/2-eCS is in great need for an
    > usable word processor (and the current release of openoffice is way too
    > heavy).
    > I will surely buy it if it happens to come out.
    >
    > But, as others have remarked, they have a very long record of unmeet
    > announcements, so I will wait before getting excited...
    >
    > Piersante
    >

    > > Perce

    It may help the uninitiated to internalize the very understated final
    sentence of the above-quoted response to visit the Papyrus website,
    and find there (as of this writing two days short of 2008) the
    following sentence: "A Linux version is expected to ship before the
    end of 2000."

    As I said, they live in a different dimension.

    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on

  8. Re: Papyrus

    Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
    > I've never even tried Papyrus, so I have no idea if the announcement is
    > of great significance.

    I've tried a several year old version. It is an excellent piece of
    software (probably the best document editor around) and I placed an
    order for the latest a few years ago but nothing happened.

    Ted

+ Reply to Thread