PDF & file database software - OS2

This is a discussion on PDF & file database software - OS2 ; Is there an OS/2 program that can search and collect file names and allow annotations for files? I know one could use extended attributes, and a program like FileStar (the new version is great), but I also want something that ...

  1. PDF & file database software

    Is there an OS/2 program that can search and collect file names and allow
    annotations for files? I know one could use extended attributes, and a
    program like FileStar (the new version is great), but I also want
    something that can save or export the data in a format that could also be
    used in other operating systems.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: PDF & file database software

    On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:07:36 UTC, hjsmadlpa@nospam.com.net wrote:

    > Is there an OS/2 program that can search and collect file names and allow
    > annotations for files? I know one could use extended attributes, and a
    > program like FileStar (the new version is great), but I also want
    > something that can save or export the data in a format that could also be
    > used in other operating systems.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Several file managers support saving notes to a description file in a
    directory and reading them. Those files are usually called one of the
    following:

    descript.ion
    files.bbs
    00index.txt

    I know that F writes descript.ion and reads all three.
    --
    "I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen." - W.H. Auden

+ Reply to Thread