Wednesday Whistling - OS2

This is a discussion on Wednesday Whistling - OS2 ; New Apple Laptop Confirmed for MacWorld (More at OS2Guy Blog) Apple Shares Hit $200 Today Rising More Than 130 Percent in 2007. iPhone Now Number 2 In Sales The iPhone has debuted at number two in smartphone sales just below ...

  1. Wednesday Whistling

    New Apple Laptop Confirmed for MacWorld
    (More at OS2Guy Blog)

    Apple Shares Hit $200 Today Rising More Than 130 Percent in 2007.

    iPhone Now Number 2 In Sales
    The iPhone has debuted at number two in smartphone sales just below
    Blackberry ... (More at OS2Guy Blog)

    UK's O2 Sells 200,000 iPhones
    Matthew Key, CEO of Britain's O2 visited Cupertino recently ... (More
    at OS2Guy Blog)

    As always, beautiful HD desktop wallpapers available for free to all
    OS/2 users!

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    http://www.os2guy.com

  2. Re: Wednesday Whistling

    Hey Timmy...

    you really should change your handle to MACguy considering the fact that
    you're no longer using OS/2 software and are using MAC machines & software.

  3. Re: Wednesday Whistling

    On Dec 26, 3:59 pm, dilbert firestorm
    wrote:
    > Hey Timmy...
    >
    > you really should change your handle to MACguy considering the fact that
    > you're no longer using OS/2 software and are using MAC machines & software.

    There is no reason to change my handle. I will always be the OS2Guy.
    The Mac community accepts me as a Mac advocate by the handle OS2Guy.
    It's a badge of honor Dilly. They are glad to have a former OS/2 user
    embrace OS X. It shows diversity and encourages a pathway for other
    OS/2 users to follow.

    You should try it Dilly oh wait ... you're now a Windows luser
    according to your headers. That's too bad. You've sold out to the
    one company who worked tirelessly to destroy OS/2.

    Why is it you are here again? To promote Microsoft?

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    http://www.os2guy.com

  4. Re: Wednesday Whistling

    On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 18:01:16 -0800 (PST), " The OS/2 Guy "
    wrote:

    >On Dec 26, 3:59 pm, dilbert firestorm
    >wrote:
    >> Hey Timmy...
    >>
    >> you really should change your handle to MACguy considering the fact that
    >> you're no longer using OS/2 software and are using MAC machines & software.

    >There is no reason to change my handle. I will always be the OS2Guy.
    >The Mac community accepts me as a Mac advocate by the handle OS2Guy.
    >It's a badge of honor Dilly. They are glad to have a former OS/2 user
    >embrace OS X. It shows diversity and encourages a pathway for other
    >OS/2 users to follow.

    LeopardGuy? I was tempted to grab it but... oh hell, first come first served. Go
    get it Tim, in case someone else does...

    http://www.corestore.org/leopardguy.jpg

    Mike
    --
    http://www.corestore.org
    'As I walk along these shores

  5. Re: Wednesday Whistling

    The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    > On Dec 26, 3:59 pm, dilbert firestorm
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hey Timmy...
    >>
    >> you really should change your handle to MACguy considering the fact that
    >> you're no longer using OS/2 software and are using MAC machines & software.
    >>

    > There is no reason to change my handle. I will always be the OS2Guy.
    > The Mac community accepts me as a Mac advocate by the handle OS2Guy.
    > It's a badge of honor Dilly. They are glad to have a former OS/2 user
    > embrace OS X. It shows diversity and encourages a pathway for other
    > OS/2 users to follow.
    >
    > You should try it Dilly oh wait ... you're now a Windows luser
    > according to your headers. That's too bad. You've sold out to the
    > one company who worked tirelessly to destroy OS/2.
    >
    > Why is it you are here again? To promote Microsoft?
    >
    > Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    > Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    > http://www.os2guy.com

    No, I didn't. only in your dreams. I don't go around promoting other
    companies OSes., never have.

    the OS/2 machine is broken, - hard drive and data recovery issue..

    this windoze machine is my backup machine (win98se). I prefer not to
    use it, but I'll use it when I must (like right now) and there certain
    functions OS/2 can't do that only windoze can do. however, even win98se
    is starting to show its age. there are things that win9se can't do
    where XP or Vista can do and I don't have the machine to run such an os.

  6. Re: Wednesday Whistling

    On Dec 26, 8:32 pm, dilbert firestorm
    wrote:
    > The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    > > On Dec 26, 3:59 pm, dilbert firestorm
    > > wrote:

    > >> Hey Timmy...

    > >> you really should change your handle to MACguy considering the fact that
    > >> you're no longer using OS/2 software and are using MAC machines & software.

    > > There is no reason to change my handle. I will always be the OS2Guy.
    > > The Mac community accepts me as a Mac advocate by the handle OS2Guy.
    > > It's a badge of honor Dilly. They are glad to have a former OS/2 user
    > > embrace OS X. It shows diversity and encourages a pathway for other
    > > OS/2 users to follow.

    > > You should try it Dilly oh wait ... you're now a Windows luser
    > > according to your headers. That's too bad. You've sold out to the
    > > one company who worked tirelessly to destroy OS/2.

    > > Why is it you are here again? To promote Microsoft?

    > > Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    > > Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    > >http://www.os2guy.com

    > No, I didn't. only in your dreams. I don't go around promoting other
    > companies OSes., never have.
    >
    > the OS/2 machine is broken, - hard drive and data recovery issue..
    >
    > this windoze machine is my backup machine (win98se). I prefer not to
    > use it, but I'll use it when I must (like right now) and there certain
    > functions OS/2 can't do that only windoze can do. however, even win98se
    > is starting to show its age. there are things that win9se can't do
    > where XP or Vista can do and I don't have the machine to run such an os.

    And gee, if you'd just buy an iMac you *could* do it all - run OS/2
    (in Parallels), Windows (in Parallels) and OS X - all without the
    worry of virus, trojans or worms on grand hardware. Now don't go
    screaming "they are too expensive" because they're not. A 20" iMac
    with 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB memory, 320GB hard drive, 8x double-
    layer SuperDrive, and ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB memory comes
    in at just $1,500 and you can beef that memory up to 4Gig if you
    really want to step on the gas (buy it from OWC, not Apple, much
    cheaper). "But I can buy a Dell for $1300 with the near same
    specs..." and yes, you could but what would you be getting? A machine
    that won't run OS/2 or OS X, the never ending Microsoft tax, a poor
    buggy operating system (Vista), cheap hardware, the enormous cost of
    all new programs oftentimes running $400 and $500 a pop and the added
    expense and drudgery of the anti-virus monthly tax. Add it all up and
    you'll pay for more for that Dell then you ever would for a brand
    spanking new iMac which comes loaded with all the apps you'll need and
    more free apps for the download.

    But hey, you can't drag an old dog down the street.

    Happy New Year!

    Tim...

  7. Re: Wednesday Whistling

    can you build a Mac from scratch?