Merry Christmas! - OS2

This is a discussion on Merry Christmas! - OS2 ; Happy Holidays To Everyone! Apple Gearing Up for iPhone Apps Lucas Newman of Delicious Monster has been hired by Apple [ More at OS2Guy Blog ] iPhone Apps Being Bandied About Apple may surprise us all at MacWorld by announcing ...

  1. Merry Christmas!

    Happy Holidays To Everyone!

    Apple Gearing Up for iPhone Apps
    Lucas Newman of Delicious Monster has been hired by Apple [ More at
    OS2Guy Blog ]

    iPhone Apps Being Bandied About
    Apple may surprise us all at MacWorld by announcing new authorized
    applications for the iPhone. Apps being talked about are [ More at
    OS2Guy Blog ]

    OnyX Beta 2 for Leopard
    If you're interested you can downloaded it here.

    Airport Extreme Base Station Update?
    Now marked as "no longer available" on the UK Apple store [ More at
    OS2Guy Blog ]

    Free HD desktop wallpaper for all OS/2 users.

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    http://www.os2guy.com

  2. Re: Merry Christmas!

    On Dec 25, 4:11 pm, " The OS/2 Guy " wrote:
    > Happy Holidays To Everyone!

    you too!

    don't have a massive heart attack or suffer traumatic spinal injury
    injury now, you hear?

  3. Re: Merry Christmas!

    On Dec 26, 8:24 am, rafe wrote:
    > On Dec 25, 4:11 pm, " The OS/2 Guy " wrote:
    >
    > > Happy Holidays To Everyone!

    > you too!
    >
    > don't have a massive heart attack or suffer traumatic spinal injury
    > injury now, you hear?

    It's ok. I'm a doctor and work with the greatest team of surgeons in
    the world. I'm sure to survive and live on should such a calamity
    befall me. OTOH, you may find yourself on an operating table before
    me. God help you then. LOL! ;-) (That's a joke, for Godsakes! A
    little humor to brighten the day!)

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    http://www.os2guy.com

  4. Re: Merry Christmas!

    On Dec 26, 12:26 pm, " The OS/2 Guy " wrote:
    > On Dec 26, 8:24 am, rafe wrote:
    >
    > > On Dec 25, 4:11 pm, " The OS/2 Guy " wrote:

    > > > Happy Holidays To Everyone!

    > > you too!

    > > don't have a massive heart attack or suffer traumatic spinal injury
    > > injury now, you hear?

    > It's ok. I'm a doctor and work with the greatest team of surgeons in
    > the world. I'm sure to survive and live on should such a calamity
    > befall me.

    whew, that's a load off my mind, Doc. but with all due respect I
    doubt even your "crack" surgeons could stem say, an attack of botulism
    or sleeping sickness contracted from the dreaded tsetse fly.

    nevertheless if your squad of personal physicians as good as you say,
    I can't help but wonder whether they could for example, reattach your
    head, such as it is, once it had been severed from your body in a
    horrific car crash? if the brakes on your sporty Lexus or late-model
    Mustang failed, sending the auto beneath the underside of the truck at
    a speed close to 90 miles per hour and shearing the top section clear
    off, leaving behind in its aftermath the sort of blood-drenched,
    terrifying tableau that would stop traffic for miles as drivers would
    just "have to look" despite the patent repugnance of the sheer
    tragedy? do you think?

  5. Re: Merry Christmas!

    On Dec 26, 11:13 am, rafe wrote:
    > On Dec 26, 12:26 pm, " The OS/2 Guy " wrote:

    > > > you too!

    > > > don't have a massive heart attack or suffer traumatic spinal injury
    > > > injury now, you hear?

    > > It's ok. I'm a doctor and work with the greatest team of surgeons in
    > > the world. I'm sure to survive and live on should such a calamity
    > > befall me.

    > whew, that's a load off my mind, Doc. but with all due respect I
    > doubt even your "crack" surgeons could stem say, an attack of botulism
    > or sleeping sickness contracted from the dreaded tsetse fly.
    >
    > nevertheless if your squad of personal physicians as good as you say,
    > I can't help but wonder whether they could for example, reattach your
    > head, such as it is, once it had been severed from your body in a
    > horrific car crash? if the brakes on your sporty Lexus or late-model
    > Mustang failed, sending the auto beneath the underside of the truck at
    > a speed close to 90 miles per hour and shearing the top section clear
    > off, leaving behind in its aftermath the sort of blood-drenched,
    > terrifying tableau that would stop traffic for miles as drivers would
    > just "have to look" despite the patent repugnance of the sheer
    > tragedy? do you think?

    Not to worry rafe - as I near the age of 32 I'm proud to say I've
    never owned a car.

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Today
    http://www.os2guy.com

  6. Re: Merry Christmas!

    On Dec 26, 4:26 pm, " The OS/2 Guy " wrote:
    > On Dec 26, 11:13 am, rafe wrote:
    >
    > Not to worry rafe - as I near the age of 32 I'm proud to say I've
    > never owned a car.
    >
    > Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    > Visit The OS/2 Guy Blog Todayhttp://www.os2guy.com

    ah well, there's that to be thankful for as we enter this new year.

    32 you say? enviable youth! too young, surely to be taken down in
    your prime by flesh-eating virus, Tim. but that's easily treatable,
    even by the more dispreputable HMOs we have out here in the outer
    boroughs of New York City. of course, if some misfortune were to
    prevent your receiving timely treatment for that, or for the popular
    new MRSA infections that are sweeping the country, that would be a
    very unfortunate way for you to shuffle off this mortal coil, wouldn't
    you agree? slow, painful, debilitating, ever so unsightly.

    I mean, if you had any say in the matter, Tim, wouldn't you in fact
    prefer to fall to your death from a very great height, say from
    Gotham's very own Empire State Building? it might take a few seconds
    for you to cease being -- but what a spectacular view!!! plus you'd
    have the added satisfaction of finally knowing just exactly whether
    you'd feel your body go SPLAT!!! against the pavement, or whether
    you'd have passed out from the dread and shock and difficulty
    breathing as your body hurtled sidewalkward at 32 per second
    squared.

    now, wouldn't that be a challenge for all the Tim's oncologists and
    all the Tim's orthopedists putting the Tim back together again! I
    don't even think a distributed group of a dozen 8-core Mac Pros would
    have enough processing power to reconstitute you from that Tim Martin
    omelet!!

    -rafe

+ Reply to Thread