Jasper Reports - OS2

This is a discussion on Jasper Reports - OS2 ; Sir: Has anyone gotten The above program to work on OS/2? It is a Java program and I get "Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from jasperreports-2.0.3.jar" when using java -jar to launch. without -jar it fails with "Exception in ...

  1. Jasper Reports

    Sir:

    Has anyone gotten The above program to work on OS/2? It is a Java
    program and I get "Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from
    jasperreports-2.0.3.jar" when using java -jar to launch.
    without -jar it fails with "Exception in thread 'main'
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jasperreports-2/0/3/jar". The
    program is found on Sourceforge.net. Please, a How-to.
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  2. Re: Jasper Reports

    William L. Hartzell wrote:
    > Sir:
    >
    > Has anyone gotten The above program to work on OS/2? It is a Java
    > program and I get "Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from
    > jasperreports-2.0.3.jar" when using java -jar to launch.
    > without -jar it fails with "Exception in thread 'main'
    > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jasperreports-2/0/3/jar". The
    > program is found on Sourceforge.net. Please, a How-to.

    From what I can recall, JasperReports is a library, not really an
    application. There is not a main-class attribute within the jar
    manifest, though there are several demos (not tried) available with it.
    I also believe the SF package (project zip) is compiled to Java 5, so
    you'd need to rebuild/recompile it for Java 1.4 (the ant script should
    work fine, with a few tweaks here and there). We use this at work with
    an old java app server and have to compile it to Java 1.3, though 2.0.3
    has some issues with the new code compiling to 1.3, so we haven't been
    able to do it yet.

    Mike

    --
    --- Michael G. Slack (remove '_'s to reply) ---

+ Reply to Thread