Mr. Message progress - OS2

This is a discussion on Mr. Message progress - OS2 ; It's been a couple of months since my last release, so I just wanted to drop in some words of encouragement for the Mr. Message users out there. The project is still moving forward. I'm working on some usability enhancements ...

  1. Mr. Message progress

    It's been a couple of months since my last release, so I just wanted to
    drop in some words of encouragement for the Mr. Message users out there.

    The project is still moving forward. I'm working on some usability
    enhancements that I'm hoping to get released in the next 2 weeks or so.
    Also there is a bugfix for a race condition in the login process, so
    if you're having trouble logging in sporadically, let me know and I can
    get you some early code to try.

    Hang in there folks, and thanks for the good feedback and kind words!

  2. Re: Mr. Message progress

    On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 18:30:03 UTC, Marty
    wrote:

    -> It's been a couple of months since my last release, so I just wanted to
    -> drop in some words of encouragement for the Mr. Message users out there.
    ->
    -> The project is still moving forward. I'm working on some usability
    -> enhancements that I'm hoping to get released in the next 2 weeks or so.
    -> Also there is a bugfix for a race condition in the login process, so
    -> if you're having trouble logging in sporadically, let me know and I can
    -> get you some early code to try.
    ->
    -> Hang in there folks, and thanks for the good feedback and kind words!
    ->

    Thanks for all your work Marty. I'm looking forward to your next
    release.

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.warpstock.eu

  3. Re: Mr. Message progress

    wrote:

    -> It's been a couple of months since my last release, so I just wanted to
    -> drop in some words of encouragement for the Mr. Message users out there.
    ->
    -> The project is still moving forward. I'm working on some usability
    -> enhancements that I'm hoping to get released in the next 2 weeks or so.
    -> Also there is a bugfix for a race condition in the login process, so
    -> if you're having trouble logging in sporadically, let me know and I can
    -> get you some early code to try.
    ->
    -> Hang in there folks, and thanks for the good feedback and kind words!
    ->

    Thanks for all your work Marty. I'm looking forward to your next
    release.

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.warpstock.eu

  4. Re: Mr. Message progress

    Mark Dodel wrote:
    > On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 18:30:03 UTC, Marty
    > wrote:
    >
    > -> It's been a couple of months since my last release, so I just wanted to
    > -> drop in some words of encouragement for the Mr. Message users out there.
    > ->
    > -> The project is still moving forward. I'm working on some usability
    > -> enhancements that I'm hoping to get released in the next 2 weeks or so.
    > -> Also there is a bugfix for a race condition in the login process, so
    > -> if you're having trouble logging in sporadically, let me know and I can
    > -> get you some early code to try.
    > ->
    > -> Hang in there folks, and thanks for the good feedback and kind words!
    > ->
    >
    > Thanks for all your work Marty. I'm looking forward to your next
    > release.

    My pleasure.

    Unfortunately it's still in "quality control" right now. ;-) So no
    Christmas release unfortunately. But it should be ready pretty soon after.

    Some nifty features, but I want to make sure I've got them right (or as
    close to "right" as I can tell) before they hit the streets. I've added
    the ability to choose when the IM windows will jump to the top, and when
    it is ok for them to steal the window focus or not. So now, for
    example, you can tell it to bring your IM window to the top but not take
    the window focus when another user sends you a message.

    I've also added what I call a "ticker" window, which is a separate
    (optionally transparent fading and scrolling) window which will display
    whatever events relating to Mr. Message that you want. For example, it
    can fade in and scroll by a message every time a user signs on or off,
    or notify you when you get a new message, if you keep you IM window
    minimized. Then it just fades away after it displays its message.

    No new protocol support work in this release, but I'll pick up with that
    again on the next release. Made an important login bug fix, for those
    who were having sporadic problems logging in with the previous release.

    Happy holidays, all.

  5. Re: Mr. Message progress

    Mark Dodel wrote:
    > On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 18:30:03 UTC, Marty
    > wrote:
    >
    > -> It's been a couple of months since my last release, so I just wanted to
    > -> drop in some words of encouragement for the Mr. Message users out there.
    > ->
    > -> The project is still moving forward. I'm working on some usability
    > -> enhancements that I'm hoping to get released in the next 2 weeks or so.
    > -> Also there is a bugfix for a race condition in the login process, so
    > -> if you're having trouble logging in sporadically, let me know and I can
    > -> get you some early code to try.
    > ->
    > -> Hang in there folks, and thanks for the good feedback and kind words!
    > ->
    >
    > Thanks for all your work Marty. I'm looking forward to your next
    > release.

    My pleasure.

    Unfortunately it's still in "quality control" right now. ;-) So no
    Christmas release unfortunately. But it should be ready pretty soon after.

    Some nifty features, but I want to make sure I've got them right (or as
    close to "right" as I can tell) before they hit the streets. I've added
    the ability to choose when the IM windows will jump to the top, and when
    it is ok for them to steal the window focus or not. So now, for
    example, you can tell it to bring your IM window to the top but not take
    the window focus when another user sends you a message.

    I've also added what I call a "ticker" window, which is a separate
    (optionally transparent fading and scrolling) window which will display
    whatever events relating to Mr. Message that you want. For example, it
    can fade in and scroll by a message every time a user signs on or off,
    or notify you when you get a new message, if you keep you IM window
    minimized. Then it just fades away after it displays its message.

    No new protocol support work in this release, but I'll pick up with that
    again on the next release. Made an important login bug fix, for those
    who were having sporadic problems logging in with the previous release.

    Happy holidays, all.

  6. Re: Mr. Message progress

    On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 18:19:29 -0800, Marty wrote:

    >> Thanks for all your work Marty. I'm looking forward to your next
    >> release.

    > My pleasure.
    >
    > Unfortunately it's still in "quality control" right now. ;-) So no
    > Christmas release unfortunately. But it should be ready pretty soon
    > after.

    Roughly translated means "I'm too full of turkey to reach the keyboard!"
    Happy holidays folks!

    Wayne
    --
    Registered Linux user #375994
    http://www.geocities.jp/rondonko/

  7. Re: Mr. Message progress

    On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 18:19:29 -0800, Marty wrote:

    >> Thanks for all your work Marty. I'm looking forward to your next
    >> release.

    > My pleasure.
    >
    > Unfortunately it's still in "quality control" right now. ;-) So no
    > Christmas release unfortunately. But it should be ready pretty soon
    > after.

    Roughly translated means "I'm too full of turkey to reach the keyboard!"
    Happy holidays folks!

    Wayne
    --
    Registered Linux user #375994
    http://www.geocities.jp/rondonko/

  8. Re: Mr. Message progress

    Sir:

    Wayne wrote:
    > On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 18:19:29 -0800, Marty wrote:
    >
    >>> Thanks for all your work Marty. I'm looking forward to your next
    >>> release.

    >> My pleasure.
    >>
    >> Unfortunately it's still in "quality control" right now. ;-) So no
    >> Christmas release unfortunately. But it should be ready pretty soon
    >> after.

    > Roughly translated means "I'm too full of turkey to reach the keyboard!"
    > Happy holidays folks!

    I have a sister-in-law whose kids are bean poles. She served turkey
    about twice per month as a change of pace food to chicken. I wonder if
    the turkey is responsible for her kids being thin. Sorry that the bird
    been spread around to England, because there is no way to Anglicizes its
    cooking. Enjoy the new year, folks!
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  9. Re: Mr. Message progress

    Sir:

    Wayne wrote:
    > On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 18:19:29 -0800, Marty wrote:
    >
    >>> Thanks for all your work Marty. I'm looking forward to your next
    >>> release.

    >> My pleasure.
    >>
    >> Unfortunately it's still in "quality control" right now. ;-) So no
    >> Christmas release unfortunately. But it should be ready pretty soon
    >> after.

    > Roughly translated means "I'm too full of turkey to reach the keyboard!"
    > Happy holidays folks!

    I have a sister-in-law whose kids are bean poles. She served turkey
    about twice per month as a change of pace food to chicken. I wonder if
    the turkey is responsible for her kids being thin. Sorry that the bird
    been spread around to England, because there is no way to Anglicizes its
    cooking. Enjoy the new year, folks!
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  10. Re: Mr. Message progress

    On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 07:59:43 UTC, "William L. Hartzell"
    wrote:

    > > Roughly translated means "I'm too full of turkey to reach the keyboard!"
    > > Happy holidays folks!
    > >

    > I have a sister-in-law whose kids are bean poles. She served turkey
    > about twice per month as a change of pace food to chicken. I wonder if
    > the turkey is responsible for her kids being thin. Sorry that the bird
    > been spread around to England, because there is no way to Anglicizes its
    > cooking. Enjoy the new year, folks!

    Actually, we've been eating turkey in England since 1526...rather longer
    than the USA has existed!

  11. Re: Mr. Message progress

    wrote:

    > > Roughly translated means "I'm too full of turkey to reach the keyboard!"
    > > Happy holidays folks!
    > >

    > I have a sister-in-law whose kids are bean poles. She served turkey
    > about twice per month as a change of pace food to chicken. I wonder if
    > the turkey is responsible for her kids being thin. Sorry that the bird
    > been spread around to England, because there is no way to Anglicizes its
    > cooking. Enjoy the new year, folks!

    Actually, we've been eating turkey in England since 1526...rather longer
    than the USA has existed!

+ Reply to Thread