Re: Compared to the sun, the earth is positively dead. - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: Compared to the sun, the earth is positively dead. - OS2 ; BradGuth wrote: >On Dec 9, 1:27 pm, Jeff?Relf wrote: > >"Compared to the sun, the earth is positively dead" > >A short distance below our feet, Earth's fluid core is very much brown >dwarf sun like. How about if our ...

  1. Re: Compared to the sun, the earth is positively dead.

    BradGuth wrote:

    >On Dec 9, 1:27 pm, Jeff?Relf wrote:
    >
    >"Compared to the sun, the earth is positively dead"
    >
    >A short distance below our feet, Earth's fluid core is very much brown
    >dwarf sun like. How about if our sun were given a 1024 km thick
    >insulative basalt crust, as then how nifty would that be?

    Guess what, Brad! Fusion != fission.

    >If that's not a quite thick enough thermal insulative coating, than
    >perhaps a 4096 km thick basalt or whatever super tough element crust
    >should do the trick of sequestering the energy of our sun.

    Ovglove mitt, of course.

    >Besides the obvious black hole encounter, what other kind of cosmic
    >merger would it take in order to sufficiently enclose our sun?

    Enclose with what, Brad?

    >- Brad Guth

    Ko0k.

    as designated by Brad Guth
    COOSN-266-06-39716

  2. Re: Compared to the sun, the earth is positively dead.

    Art Deco wrote:
    > BradGuth wrote:
    >
    >>On Dec 9, 1:27 pm, Jeff?Relf wrote:
    >>
    >>"Compared to the sun, the earth is positively dead"
    >>
    >>A short distance below our feet, Earth's fluid core is very much brown
    >>dwarf sun like. How about if our sun were given a 1024 km thick
    >>insulative basalt crust, as then how nifty would that be?

    > Guess what, Brad! Fusion != fission.
    >>
    >>If that's not a quite thick enough thermal insulative coating, than
    >>perhaps a 4096 km thick basalt or whatever super tough element crust
    >>should do the trick of sequestering the energy of our sun.

    > Ovglove mitt, of course.
    >>
    >>Besides the obvious black hole encounter, what other kind of cosmic
    >>merger would it take in order to sufficiently enclose our sun?

    > Enclose with what, Brad?

    Oooh! Oohh! I know

    "Solarians!"

    >>- Brad Guth

    > Ko0k.

    Ko0k.
    --
    ah

  3. Re: Compared to the sun, the earth is positively dead.

    ah wrote:
    >Art Deco wrote:
    >> BradGuth wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Dec 9, 1:27 pm, Jeff?Relf wrote:
    >>>
    >>>"Compared to the sun, the earth is positively dead"
    >>>
    >>>A short distance below our feet, Earth's fluid core is very much brown
    >>>dwarf sun like. How about if our sun were given a 1024 km thick
    >>>insulative basalt crust, as then how nifty would that be?

    >> Guess what, Brad! Fusion != fission.
    >>>
    >>>If that's not a quite thick enough thermal insulative coating, than
    >>>perhaps a 4096 km thick basalt or whatever super tough element crust
    >>>should do the trick of sequestering the energy of our sun.

    >> Ovglove mitt, of course.
    >>>
    >>>Besides the obvious black hole encounter, what other kind of cosmic
    >>>merger would it take in order to sufficiently enclose our sun?

    >> Enclose with what, Brad?

    >Oooh! Oohh! I know
    >
    >"Solarians!"

    Or, the Phoenicians!