Re: I don't believe in short-term diets. - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: I don't believe in short-term diets. - OS2 ; Doctor Why? wrote: >"Jeff?Relf" wrote in message >news:Jeff_Relf_2007_Dec_2__6_55_Px@Cotse.NET... >>[ Oops ! I'm reposting this. The last one went to just Sci.Physics ] >> >> Thanks for your concern, Darla, >> but I get the feeling a 2 mega year old ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 76

  1. Re: I don't believe in short-term diets.

    Doctor Why? wrote:

> [...]

    >However, evolution is not your biggest challenge these days.
    >The running amok of human arrogance is one of your biggest challenges today.
    >Is there nothing anyone can co about this?
    >
    >We (seans And humans) are always motivated by something.
    >For humans, this motivation is usually something having to do with Fear.
    >This reminds me of not long ago when people from a world in the Perseus arm
    >were hunting for us (seans).
    >
    >This was before we had the capability of intergalactic travel.
    >Darla and our other fifteen crew members were at the outer edge of the
    >Perseus arm attempting a jump to one of the Magellanic clouds.
    >On the way there, they had accidently done something to anger some native
    >Perseuns.
    >So the Perseuns, thinking that Pros Pere's and Darla's crew had headed in
    >the other direction, started chasing them back toward our Solar System (this
    >one, the Sun's).
    >
    >Silouen and I were the only seans here to watch over this system, and I had
    >been left in charge.
    >We silently watched as the Perseuns went right by our system, unseeing,
    >toward the Sagittarius arm.
    >Then we waited for their return.
    >As the Perseuns came back through the Orion bridge, they stopped and
    >lingered.
    >Sil and I knew that they had sensed us, that our presence was placing the
    >Solar System in jeopardy.
    >
    >In a Flash, Silouen was gone, headed straight out to face the gathering
    >Perseuns.
    >Sil was ready to face them alone, for she knew that I had not yet completed
    >my fearlessness training.
    >I gathered up all the courage I could muster, and I headed out to join
    >Silouen.
    >
    >And we beat them, we beat the Perseuns.
    >Sil is the greatest warrior I've ever seen!
    >She made Bruce Lee look like a scared jackrabbit!
    >Sil and I faced off with the Perseuns and sent them packing back to their
    >little globe in the near-section of the Perseus arm.
    >They would have ravaged the Earth, and we could not allow that to happen.
    >
    >The Perseun arrogance was by far the highest level of arrogance I'd ever
    >encountered.
    >It made human arrogance look almost completely Humble by comparison.
    >
    >There is definitely something that can be done about human arrogance.
    >And yet, you are very intuitive about the transience of human motivation.
    >
    >It only Appears to be transcient, however.
    >When a human being is passionate about something, this is where true
    >motivation dwells.
    >The apparent transcience occurs only when you are motivated in a direction
    >that is untrue to your habitual passions.
    >So to be motivated in the "long term", one must "upgrade" one's passions and
    >habit patterns.
    >Not easy, but this can be highly satisfying and rewarding when done well!
    >
    >It's very much like the feeling you get when you've created excellent code.

    One might expect that an advanced alien porpoise intelligence able to
    float around between galaxies would be able to format the line wrap on
    a simple Usenet post; apparently not.

    as designated by Brad Guth
    COOSN-266-06-39716

  2. Re: I don't believe in short-term diets.

    On Dec 9, 6:34 am, Art Deco wrote:
    > One might expect that an advanced alien porpoise intelligence able to
    > float around between galaxies would be able to format theline wrapon
    > a simple Usenet post; apparently not.

    For the help of all usenet users (people, porpoises or
    ...dogs), I designed this little tool to check line width.

    I would recommend a width of no greater than 62 chars for
    usenet posts. That is about 6-10 chars thinner than most
    newsreaders wrap, so it even allows the text to be quoted
    (indented) a couple of times before wrapping.

    --
    Andrew T.
    PhySci.org

  3. Re: I don't believe in short-term diets.

    "Art Deco" wrote in message
> [...]

    >>motivation dwells.
    >>The apparent transcience occurs only when you are motivated in a direction
    >>that is untrue to your habitual passions.
    >>So to be motivated in the "long term", one must "upgrade" one's passions
    >>and
    >>habit patterns.
    >>Not easy, but this can be highly satisfying and rewarding when done well!
    >>
    >>It's very much like the feeling you get when you've created excellent
    >>code.

    > One might expect that an advanced alien porpoise intelligence able to
    > float around between galaxies would be able to format the line wrap on
    > a simple Usenet post; apparently not.
    >
    > --
    > Supreme Leader of the Brainwashed Followers of Art Deco
    > Official "Usenet psychopath and born-again LLPOF minion",

    Such human obsessions frequently vex me.

    OR -- Maybe you're Not obsessed with line-wrap formatting?
    Maybe you're just trying to "get the alien's goat"?

    And how Many times do you have to be informed that we are not alien to
    Earth?
    We might be compared with the 'native' inhabitants of America, who were on
    that continent far longer than the 'white men' who conquered them.
    Your kind has lived here for maybe about 20,000 years?
    Seans have lived here for many millions of years.

    So stick with humans, Mr. Art.
    You are not equipped to deal with seans on any harsh, unpleasant competitive
    level.
    You wouldn't want to increase your already high level of frustration, would
    you?

    the Proz

  4. Re: I don't believe in short-term diets.

    Pros Pere wrote:

> [...]
    >>>that is untrue to your habitual passions.
    >>>So to be motivated in the "long term", one must "upgrade" one's passions
    >>>and
    >>>habit patterns.
    >>>Not easy, but this can be highly satisfying and rewarding when done well!
    >>>
    >>>It's very much like the feeling you get when you've created excellent
    >>>code.

    >> One might expect that an advanced alien porpoise intelligence able to
    >> float around between galaxies would be able to format the line wrap on
    >> a simple Usenet post; apparently not.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Supreme Leader of the Brainwashed Followers of Art Deco
    >> Official "Usenet psychopath and born-again LLPOF minion",
    >> as designated by Brad Guth
    >> COOSN-266-06-39716

    >Such human obsessions frequently vex me.

    Perhaps you should take your whine to someone who cares about whiskers.
    fro0tbat, for example.

    >OR -- Maybe you're Not obsessed with line-wrap formatting?
    >Maybe you're just trying to "get the alien's goat"?

    More likely that you are just a transparently bad sockpuppet who tries
    to seem "alien".

    >And how Many times do you have to be informed that we are not alien to
    >Earth?

    WHOOOOOOSH

    >We might be compared with the 'native' inhabitants of America, who were on
    >that continent far longer than the 'white men' who conquered them.
    >Your kind has lived here for maybe about 20,000 years?
    >Seans have lived here for many millions of years.

    Without a shred of archeological or anthropological evidence, of course.

    >So stick with humans, Mr. Art.
    >You are not equipped to deal with seans on any harsh, unpleasant competitive
    >level.

    TINS.

    >You wouldn't want to increase your already high level of frustration, would
    >you?

    And now, alien projection.

    > the Proz

    as designated by Brad Guth
    COOSN-266-06-39716

  5. Re: I don't believe in short-term diets.

    "Art Deco" wrote in message
    > Pros Pere wrote:
    >
    >>"Art Deco" wrote in message

    >>> One might expect that an advanced alien porpoise intelligence able to
    >>> float around between galaxies would be able to format the line wrap on
    >>> a simple Usenet post; apparently not.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Supreme Leader of the Brainwashed Followers of Art Deco
    >>> Official "Usenet psychopath and born-again LLPOF minion",
    >>> as designated by Brad Guth
    >>> COOSN-266-06-39716

    >>Such human obsessions frequently vex me.

    > Perhaps you should take your whine to someone who cares about whiskers.
    > fro0tbat, for example.

    Since you were the first to whine about my insensitivity to your obsessive
    standards, then wouldn't this be you, the Pot, calling me, the Kettle,
    Black?

    >>OR -- Maybe you're Not obsessed with line-wrap formatting?
    >>Maybe you're just trying to "get the alien's goat"?

    > More likely that you are just a transparently bad sockpuppet who tries
    > to seem "alien".

    As you wish.

    >>And how Many times do you have to be informed that we are not alien to
    >>Earth?

    > WHOOOOOOSH

    Light a match?

    >>We might be compared with the 'native' inhabitants of America, who were on
    >>that continent far longer than the 'white men' who conquered them.
    >>Your kind has lived here for maybe about 20,000 years?
    >>Seans have lived here for many millions of years.

    > Without a shred of archeological or anthropological evidence, of course.

    We've been a little careful, yes.
    However, there are several places on Earth where you can go and see our
    work.
    The churches of Lalibela are some of many examples.
    (And don't believe most of the legends -- it only took us seven days to
    carve all the churches out of solid rock.)
    We've left little clues all over the place.
    Humans first allow themselves to be mystified.
    Then your scientists rationalize the awe they feel by giving ancient humans
    the credit.
    Tickles us to no end.

    >>So stick with humans, Mr. Art.
    >>You are not equipped to deal with seans on any harsh, unpleasant
    >>competitive
    >>level.

    > TINS.

    There is no sapience?

    >>You wouldn't want to increase your already high level of frustration,
    >>would
    >>you?

    > And now, alien projection.
    >>
    >> the Proz
    >>

    > --
    > Supreme Leader of the Brainwashed Followers of Art Deco
    > Official "Usenet psychopath and born-again LLPOF minion",
    > as designated by Brad Guth
    > COOSN-266-06-39716

    Here is some Real projection, Mr. Art: You (humans) are part aquatic mammal.
    My ancestors returned to live in the water on three separate and ensuing
    occasions.
    Your ancestors returned to live in the water two times -- thus far.

    And yes, the third time we returned to the water was after we destroyed the
    land.
    Mammals are the most adaptive and resilient beings on Earth.
    The first two times they evolve back to the oceans is due to the stark
    harshness of land dwelling.
    Then the third time they emerge, they conquer the land -- a bit Too well it
    seems.
    (This is the present human condition.)

    Here is what I think will happen to you: Like us, humans will destroy their
    land masses and have to once again return to the seas to live.
    And like us, you will someday re-emerge on new and virgin soil.
    And like us, you will remember your previous mistakes and learn from them.

    Darla's more optimistic.
    She thinks you humans will pull it out on this go-around.
    I think she's far too optimistic, don't you Mr. Art?

    the Proz

  6. P.K.H. (was: Re: I don't believe in short-term diets.)

    Pros Pere wrote:
    > "Art Deco" wrote in message
    >> Pros Pere wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Art Deco" wrote in message

    >>>Such human obsessions frequently vex me.

    >> Perhaps you should take your whine to someone who cares about whiskers.
    >> fro0tbat, for example.

    > Since you were the first to whine about my insensitivity to your obsessive
    > standards, then wouldn't this be you, the Pot, calling me, the Kettle,
    > Black?

    That would be Huge, were it true.

    >>>OR -- Maybe you're Not obsessed with line-wrap formatting?
    >>>Maybe you're just trying to "get the alien's goat"?

    >> More likely that you are just a transparently bad sockpuppet who tries
    >> to seem "alien".

    > As you wish.
    >
    >>>And how Many times do you have to be informed that we are not alien to
    >>>Earth?

    >> WHOOOOOOSH

    > Light a match?
    >
    >>>We might be compared with the 'native' inhabitants of America, who were on
    >>>that continent far longer than the 'white men' who conquered them.
    >>>Your kind has lived here for maybe about 20,000 years?
    >>>Seans have lived here for many millions of years.

    >> Without a shred of archeological or anthropological evidence, of course.

    > We've been a little careful, yes.
    > However, there are several places on Earth where you can go and see our
    > work.
    > The churches of Lalibela are some of many examples.
    > (And don't believe most of the legends -- it only took us seven days to
    > carve all the churches out of solid rock.)
    > We've left little clues all over the place.
    > Humans first allow themselves to be mystified.
    > Then your scientists rationalize the awe they feel by giving ancient humans
    > the credit.
    > Tickles us to no end.
    >
    >>>So stick with humans, Mr. Art.
    >>>You are not equipped to deal with seans on any harsh, unpleasant
    >>>competitive
    >>>level.

    >> TINS.

    > There is no sapience?

    Is this supposed to be funny?

    --
    ah

  7. Re: P.K.H. (was: Re: I don't believe in short-term diets.)

    "ah" wrote in message

    > Is this supposed to be funny?

    Not half as Funny as you are, Old Goob!

    Number One

  8. Re: P.K.H.

    John "C" wrote:
    > "ah" wrote in message
    >
    >> Is this supposed to be funny?

    > Not half as Funny as you are, Old Goob!
    >
    > Number One

    Stop breathing down an old man's neck, Clockboi.
    --
    ah

  9. Re: P.K.H.

    "ah" wrote in message
    news:475ddab0$0$35874$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.oct anews.com...
    > John "C" wrote:
    > > "ah" wrote in message
    > >
    > >> Is this supposed to be funny?

    > > Not half as Funny as you are, Old Goob!
    > >
    > > Number One
    > >

    > Stop breathing down an old man's neck, Clockboi.
    > --
    > ah

    You don't mind it when Deco does it!

    Number One

  10. Re: P.K.H. (was: Re: I don't believe in short-term diets.)

    ah wrote:
    >Pros Pere wrote:
    >> "Art Deco" wrote in message

    >>> Perhaps you should take your whine to someone who cares about whiskers.
    >>> fro0tbat, for example.

    >> Since you were the first to whine about my insensitivity to your obsessive
    >> standards, then wouldn't this be you, the Pot, calling me, the Kettle,
    >> Black?

    >That would be Huge, were it true.

    They're the Seans, and they really mean business.

    >>> More likely that you are just a transparently bad sockpuppet who tries
    >>> to seem "alien".

    >> As you wish.

    >>> WHOOOOOOSH

    >> Light a match?

    >>> Without a shred of archeological or anthropological evidence, of course.

    >> We've been a little careful, yes.
    >> However, there are several places on Earth where you can go and see our
    >> work.
    >> The churches of Lalibela are some of many examples.
    >> (And don't believe most of the legends -- it only took us seven days to
    >> carve all the churches out of solid rock.)
    >> We've left little clues all over the place.
    >> Humans first allow themselves to be mystified.
    >> Then your scientists rationalize the awe they feel by giving ancient humans
    >> the credit.
    >> Tickles us to no end.

    >>> TINS.

    >> There is no sapience?

    >Is this supposed to be funny?

    Is this supposed to be humorous?

    >>> And now, alien projection.

    >>> --
    >>> Supreme Leader of the Brainwashed Followers of Art Deco
    >>> Official "Usenet psychopath and born-again LLPOF minion",
    >>> as designated by Brad Guth
    >>> COOSN-266-06-39716

    >> Here is some Real projection, Mr. Art: You (humans) are part aquatic mammal.
    >> My ancestors returned to live in the water on three separate and ensuing
    >> occasions.
    >> Your ancestors returned to live in the water two times -- thus far.
    >>
    >> And yes, the third time we returned to the water was after we destroyed the
    >> land.
    >> Mammals are the most adaptive and resilient beings on Earth.
    >> The first two times they evolve back to the oceans is due to the stark
    >> harshness of land dwelling.
    >> Then the third time they emerge, they conquer the land -- a bit Too well it
    >> seems.
    >> (This is the present human condition.)
    >>
    >> Here is what I think will happen to you: Like us, humans will destroy their
    >> land masses and have to once again return to the seas to live.
    >> And like us, you will someday re-emerge on new and virgin soil.
    >> And like us, you will remember your previous mistakes and learn from them.
    >>
    >> Darla's more optimistic.
    >> She thinks you humans will pull it out on this go-around.
    >> I think she's far too optimistic, don't you Mr. Art?
    >>
    >> the Proz

    as designated by Brad Guth
    COOSN-266-06-39716

  11. Re: P.K.H.

    ah wrote:

    >Stop breathing down an old man's neck, Clockboi.

    Who?

    as designated by Brad Guth
    COOSN-266-06-39716

  12. Re: I don't believe in short-term diets.

    Pros Pere wrote:
    >"Art Deco" wrote in message
    >> Pros Pere wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Art Deco" wrote in message

    >>>Such human obsessions frequently vex me.

    >> Perhaps you should take your whine to someone who cares about whiskers.
    >> fro0tbat, for example.

    >Since you were the first to whine about my insensitivity to your obsessive
    >standards, then wouldn't this be you, the Pot, calling me, the Kettle,
    >Black?

    Not at all, oh ye of little cranial capacity. Your poorly composed and
    typeset alien kookrants are nearly impossible to read, such are not
    "my" standards at all. And fro0tbat cares for your whiskers. Deeply.

    >>>OR -- Maybe you're Not obsessed with line-wrap formatting?
    >>>Maybe you're just trying to "get the alien's goat"?

    >> More likely that you are just a transparently bad sockpuppet who tries
    >> to seem "alien".

    >As you wish.
    >
    >>>And how Many times do you have to be informed that we are not alien to
    >>>Earth?

    >> WHOOOOOOSH

    >Light a match?
    >
    >>>We might be compared with the 'native' inhabitants of America, who were on
    >>>that continent far longer than the 'white men' who conquered them.
    >>>Your kind has lived here for maybe about 20,000 years?
    >>>Seans have lived here for many millions of years.

    >> Without a shred of archeological or anthropological evidence, of course.

    >We've been a little careful, yes.
    >However, there are several places on Earth where you can go and see our
    >work.
    >The churches of Lalibela are some of many examples.
    >(And don't believe most of the legends -- it only took us seven days to
    >carve all the churches out of solid rock.)
    >We've left little clues all over the place.
    >Humans first allow themselves to be mystified.
    >Then your scientists rationalize the awe they feel by giving ancient humans
    >the credit.
    >Tickles us to no end.

    Translation: We(I) have absolutely no evidence.

    A bull**** claim.

    More bull****.

    >And yes, the third time we returned to the water was after we destroyed the
    >land.
    >Mammals are the most adaptive and resilient beings on Earth.
    >The first two times they evolve back to the oceans is due to the stark
    >harshness of land dwelling.
    >Then the third time they emerge, they conquer the land -- a bit Too well it
    >seems.
    >(This is the present human condition.)
    >
    >Here is what I think will happen to you: Like us, humans will destroy their
    >land masses and have to once again return to the seas to live.
    >And like us, you will someday re-emerge on new and virgin soil.
    >And like us, you will remember your previous mistakes and learn from them.

    Nothing but poorly written sci-fi/fantasy.

    >Darla's more optimistic.
    >She thinks you humans will pull it out on this go-around.
    >I think she's far too optimistic, don't you Mr. Art?

    I think it is amusing the way you refer to yourself in the third person.

    > the Proz

    as designated by Brad Guth
    COOSN-266-06-39716

  13. The "seans" porpoise alien sockpuppet saga -- the beginning: Re: I don't believe in indigenous aliens (Was... )

    Pros Pere wrote:

> [...]

    >can be quite fierce.
    >
    >You are an interesting species!
    >We have been pretty much all over our galaxy, and we have not found any
    >species more advanced than we.
    >And there are very few species that have been able to escape us.
    >You have some individuals among you who have done so.
    >Of course, few of you actually Believe their stories of their capture and
    >escape.
    >My people were just thinking about "dinner," and your people were running
    >for their lives.
    >Put that together with intelligence and the ability to improvise, and this
    >fascinates some of us about you.
    >
    >And you are Fighters!
    >You keep us endlessly amused by fighting each other over some very
    >interesting things.
    >
    >Now, please ask questions, and I may have a few questions for you as well.
    >Consider that it does not Really matter whether you believe me or not.
    >All that truly matters is mutual gratification, each of us satisfying the
    >other in some way.
    >I shall try to satisfy your curiosity about the universe as much as I
    >possibly can at this time.
    >So keep fighting the good fight, and keep loving those who love you.
    >
    >Will you answer a question for me?
    >My first question is,
    > Why is it that only the female of your species can perpetuate your
    >kind?
    > Any individual of my species can, if necessary, perpetuate our kind.
    > But only the female of your species can do this.
    > And in fact, this is true of almost Every sexual species on your
    >planet.
    > Can you tell me why?
    >
    >I understand that this is not an astronomy question, and I Do intend to make
    >this inquiry in other forums.
    >However, I am hoping that the astrobiologists among you have studied this as
    >an important prelude to space travel and colonization of other worlds?
    >
    >You are an exceptional species!
    >Never doubt your courage.
    >It always seems to be there when you need it.
    >
    > Darla
    >
    >So yes, Mr. oc, I can see where you would feel that Darla misrepresented
    >herself.
    >As The Nightbat notes, we are no more from here than 'native Americans' are
    >from America.
    >And yet we have been here, residing in the oceans and on land, for a good
    >deal longer than humans.
    >
    >It seems that humans use the term "indigenous" to mean "life that was here
    >before we got here".
    >Or life that seems to have been here since their beginnings.
    >We are indigenous only in the first case, as seans lived on Earth long
    >before humans evolved.
    >Since our beginnings were not on Earth, then in this respect seans are alien
    >to Earth.
    >
    >So there was no actual "morphing" in the usual sense.
    >There was only elaboration, expansion, amplification, development,

    You left out "tedious and turgid word games".

    >Good to always remember the origins, though.
    >You humans Do sometimes impress me.
    >This is why, even though I don't have much hope for you, Darla does!
    >As some might say, go finger.
    >
    > the Proz

    Note that the "seans" still haven't learned the basics of Usenet
    typesetting.

    as designated by Brad Guth
    COOSN-266-06-39716

  14. Re: I don't believe in indigenous aliens (Was... )

    Pros Pere wrote:

    >"Art Deco" wrote in message
    >> oldcoot wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Dec 9, 8:13 am, Darla aka "Pros Pere" wrote,
    >>>replying to the goose:

    >>>Playing the devil's (the goose's) advocate for a moment, when Darla
    >>>first appeared here by initiating the thread called "Alien Review",
    >>>she clearly represented as being a non-indigenous, extraterrestrial
    >>>alien.. but since then, has morphed into an indigenous, non-alien
    >>>earthling far predating the appearance of homo sapiens. oc

    >> Those who live by the sockpuppet, die by the sockpuppet.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Supreme Leader of the Brainwashed Followers of Art Deco
    >> Official "Usenet psychopath and born-again LLPOF minion",
    >> as designated by Brad Guth
    >> COOSN-266-06-39716

    >And paraphrased: Those who live by the skepticism, die by the skepticism.
    >Humans can live such long lives, as long as ours if you opened your minds to
    >it.
    >This will be our gift to those of you who manage to live long enough to
    >experience First Official Contact.
    >And yet, you could do many things you already know about to greatly increase
    >your lifespans.
    >You are still far too suicidal to be useful, either to seans or to
    >yourselves.
    >Of course, Ollie and the rest of the rescued humans who reside with us
    >notwithstanding.
    >
    > the Proz

    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    as designated by Brad Guth
    COOSN-266-06-39716

  15. Re: The "seans" porpoise alien sockpuppet saga -- the beginning: Re:I don't believe in indigenous aliens (Was... )

    On Dec 10, 9:26 pm, Art Deco wrote:
> [...]

    > >herself.
    > >As The Nightbat notes, we are no more from here than 'native Americans' are
    > >from America.
    > >And yet we have been here, residing in the oceans and on land, for a good
    > >deal longer than humans.

    > >It seems that humans use the term "indigenous" to mean "life that was here
    > >before we got here".
    > >Or life that seems to have been here since their beginnings.
    > >We are indigenous only in the first case, as seans lived on Earth long
    > >before humans evolved.
    > >Since our beginnings were not on Earth, then in this respect seans are alien
    > >to Earth.

    > >So there was no actual "morphing" in the usual sense.
    > >There was only elaboration, expansion, amplification, development,
    > >refinement.

    > You left out "tedious and turgid word games".

    Should anyone breech the subject of Turgid around Art Deco?:

    http://caseystrikesout.blogspot.com/...y-of-word.html

  16. Re: P.K.H.

    Art Deco wrote:
    > ah wrote:
    >>
    >>Stop breathing down an old man's neck, Clockboi.

    > Who?

    Bad trip.

    Sorry.
    --
    ah

  17. Re: P.K.H.

    Art Deco wrote:
    > ah wrote:
    >>Pros Pere wrote:
    >>> "Art Deco" wrote in message

    >>> Since you were the first to whine about my insensitivity to your obsessive
    >>> standards, then wouldn't this be you, the Pot, calling me, the Kettle,
    >>> Black?

    >>That would be Huge, were it true.

    > They're the Seans, and they really mean business.

    Does a 1/4-point Prime drop affect them?

    >>> As you wish.

    >>> Light a match?

    >>> We've been a little careful, yes.
    >>> However, there are several places on Earth where you can go and see our
    >>> work.
    >>> The churches of Lalibela are some of many examples.
    >>> (And don't believe most of the legends -- it only took us seven days to
    >>> carve all the churches out of solid rock.)
    >>> We've left little clues all over the place.
    >>> Humans first allow themselves to be mystified.
    >>> Then your scientists rationalize the awe they feel by giving ancient humans
    >>> the credit.
    >>> Tickles us to no end.

    >>> There is no sapience?

    >>Is this supposed to be funny?

    > Is this supposed to be humorous?

    Is this supposed to be humongous?

    --
    ah

  18. Re: P.K.H. (was: Re: I don't believe in short-term diets.)

    "ah" wrote in message
    news:475dd800$0$35874$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.oct anews.com...
    > Pros Pere wrote:
    >> "Art Deco" wrote in message

    >>> Perhaps you should take your whine to someone who cares about whiskers.
    >>> fro0tbat, for example.

    >> Since you were the first to whine about my insensitivity to your
    >> obsessive
    >> standards, then wouldn't this be you, the Pot, calling me, the Kettle,
    >> Black?

    > That would be Huge, were it true.

    >>> More likely that you are just a transparently bad sockpuppet who tries
    >>> to seem "alien".

    >> As you wish.

    >>> WHOOOOOOSH

    >> Light a match?

    >>> Without a shred of archeological or anthropological evidence, of course.

    >> We've been a little careful, yes.
    >> However, there are several places on Earth where you can go and see our
    >> work.
    >> The churches of Lalibela are some of many examples.
    >> (And don't believe most of the legends -- it only took us seven days to
    >> carve all the churches out of solid rock.)
    >> We've left little clues all over the place.
    >> Humans first allow themselves to be mystified.
    >> Then your scientists rationalize the awe they feel by giving ancient
    >> humans
    >> the credit.
    >> Tickles us to no end.

    >>> TINS.

    >> There is no sapience?

    > Is this supposed to be funny?
    >
    > --
    > ah

    A Question!

    Yes, Mr. ah, for the humor-impaired, the capital 'G' within the angle
    brackets indicates a big 'grin', which denotes that the rhetorical question
    was supposed to be taken 'cum grano salis'.
    Of course, how 'funny' it is depends upon the extent to which it influences
    a responder.
    I found its influence over you and Mr. Art to be hilarious!
    To paraphrase a well-known posting abbreviation:

    ROTSOPLMAO (Rolling On The Surface Of Pluto Laughing My Ambergris Off)

    the Proz

  19. Re: I don't believe in short-term diets.

    "Art Deco" wrote in message
> [...]

    >>it
    >>seems.
    >>(This is the present human condition.)
    >>
    >>Here is what I think will happen to you: Like us, humans will destroy
    >>their
    >>land masses and have to once again return to the seas to live.
    >>And like us, you will someday re-emerge on new and virgin soil.
    >>And like us, you will remember your previous mistakes and learn from them.

    > Nothing but poorly written sci-fi/fantasy.
    >>
    >>Darla's more optimistic.
    >>She thinks you humans will pull it out on this go-around.
    >>I think she's far too optimistic, don't you Mr. Art?

    > I think it is amusing the way you refer to yourself in the third person.
    >>
    >> the Proz
    >>

    > --
    > Supreme Leader of the Brainwashed Followers of Art Deco
    > Official "Usenet psychopath and born-again LLPOF minion",

    Then we are Even: I've always thought it is amusing the way humans refer to
    themselves as 'Homo sapiens sapiens.'

    the Proz

  20. Re: I don't believe in indigenous aliens (Was... )

    "Art Deco" wrote in message
    > Pros Pere wrote:
    >
    >>"Art Deco" wrote in message

    >>> Those who live by the sockpuppet, die by the sockpuppet.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Supreme Leader of the Brainwashed Followers of Art Deco
    >>> Official "Usenet psychopath and born-again LLPOF minion",
    >>> as designated by Brad Guth
    >>> COOSN-266-06-39716

    >>And paraphrased: Those who live by the skepticism, die by the skepticism.
    >>Humans can live such long lives, as long as ours if you opened your minds
    >>it.
    >>This will be our gift to those of you who manage to live long enough to
    >>experience First Official Contact.
    >>And yet, you could do many things you already know about to greatly
    >>increase
    >>your lifespans.
    >>You are still far too suicidal to be useful, either to seans or to
    >>yourselves.
    >>Of course, Ollie and the rest of the rescued humans who reside with us
    >>notwithstanding.
    >>
    >> the Proz

    > zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    >
    > --
    > Supreme Leader of the Brainwashed Followers of Art Deco
    > Official "Usenet psychopath and born-again LLPOF minion",
    > as designated by Brad Guth
    > COOSN-266-06-39716

    Rip Van Deco sleeps through it all.
    Waking you up would be tempting, if I thought for one picosecond you could
    get past your crocodile tears.

    the Proz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast