USB Drivers? - OS2

This is a discussion on USB Drivers? - OS2 ; I need to set up USB Flash Drive support. Can anyone tell me where I can get drivers now that IBM no longer provides them? I guess I need usbstor. I tried to get Chris Wohlgemuth's to work but they ...

  1. USB Drivers?

    I need to set up USB Flash Drive support. Can anyone tell me where I
    can get drivers now that IBM no longer provides them? I guess I need
    usbstor. I tried to get Chris Wohlgemuth's to work but they wouldn't
    recognize my drives.
    I've been searching all over, but no joy.

    Thanks, Joe

  2. Re: USB Drivers?

    On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 01:32:49 UTC, Pungh0Li0
    wrote:

    -> I need to set up USB Flash Drive support. Can anyone tell me where I
    -> can get drivers now that IBM no longer provides them? I guess I need
    -> usbstor. I tried to get Chris Wohlgemuth's to work but they wouldn't
    -> recognize my drives.
    -> I've been searching all over, but no joy.
    ->
    -> Thanks, Joe

    They are available along with all the other updates on eComStation
    http://www.ecomstation.com Otherwise you are stuck with whatever free
    drivers you can find on hobbes, like Chris', or look for a copy of MCP
    or MCP2 on eBay.

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.warpstock.eu

  3. Re: USB Drivers?

    Sir:

    Pungh0Li0 wrote:
    > I need to set up USB Flash Drive support. Can anyone tell me where I
    > can get drivers now that IBM no longer provides them? I guess I need
    > usbstor. I tried to get Chris Wohlgemuth's to work but they wouldn't
    > recognize my drives.
    > I've been searching all over, but no joy.
    >
    > Thanks, Joe

    Did you try eCS subscription?
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  4. Re: USB Drivers?

    It seems you need to buy OS/2 from them in order to download drivers.
    Is that right?

    Thanks, Joe

    On Dec 3, 8:09 pm, "William L. Hartzell" wrote:
    > Sir:
    >
    > Pungh0Li0 wrote:
    > > I need to set up USB Flash Drive support. Can anyone tell me where I
    > > can get drivers now that IBM no longer provides them? I guess I need
    > > usbstor. I tried to get Chris Wohlgemuth's to work but they wouldn't
    > > recognize my drives.
    > > I've been searching all over, but no joy.

    > > Thanks, Joe

    > Did you try eCS subscription?
    > --
    > Bill
    > Thanks a Million!

  5. Re: USB Drivers?

    Sir:

    Pungh0Li0 wrote:
    > Hi, I only see a newsletter subscription.
    > It seems you need to buy OS/2 from them in order to download drivers.
    > Is that right?
    >
    > Thanks, Joe
    >
    > On Dec 3, 8:09 pm, "William L. Hartzell" wrote:
    >> Sir:
    >>
    >> Pungh0Li0 wrote:
    >>> I need to set up USB Flash Drive support. Can anyone tell me where I
    >>> can get drivers now that IBM no longer provides them? I guess I need
    >>> usbstor. I tried to get Chris Wohlgemuth's to work but they wouldn't
    >>> recognize my drives.
    >>> I've been searching all over, but no joy.
    >>> Thanks, Joe

    >> Did you try eCS subscription?

    I am the next worst person to ask this (the worst is Timmy).

    has the terms, which seem to be for purchasers of 1.2R only? You need
    to go to site for purchase.
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  6. Re: USB Drivers?

    Hi Joe

    Pungh0Li0 wrote:
    > Hi, I only see a newsletter subscription.
    > It seems you need to buy OS/2 from them in order to download drivers.
    > Is that right?
    >
    > Thanks, Joe

    No, not quite...

    eCS has a few bits that are not in the IBM version including better
    support for more modern hardware.

    Yes, you do need to purchase (see http://os2.mensys.nl/indexuk.html )
    and Register eCS to be able to download any available updates from
    ecomstation.

    You may find it is not just USB drivers that you need to get a Flash
    drive working; other driver updates may be required depending on what
    you already have installed. Offhand that could include IBM IDE drivers
    and kernel.

    If you manage to locate and install all required drivers you may find
    USBcfg helpful in configuring USB - note that it does not work with
    CWUSB drivers though

    http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/system/usbcfgb7a.zip

    Might be worth downloading and reading through the Help and FAQ bits
    anyway...

    Regards

    Pete

    > On Dec 3, 8:09 pm, "William L. Hartzell" wrote:
    >> Sir:
    >>
    >> Pungh0Li0 wrote:
    >>> I need to set up USB Flash Drive support. Can anyone tell me where I
    >>> can get drivers now that IBM no longer provides them? I guess I need
    >>> usbstor. I tried to get Chris Wohlgemuth's to work but they wouldn't
    >>> recognize my drives.
    >>> I've been searching all over, but no joy.
    >>> Thanks, Joe

    >> Did you try eCS subscription?
    >> --
    >> Bill
    >> Thanks a Million!

  7. Re: USB Drivers?

    On 04.12.07 05:41, William L. Hartzell wrote:

    [eCS Software Subscription Service (SSS)]

    > has the terms, which seem to be for purchasers of 1.2R only?

    Right. You need 1.2 (that means 1.2r for langs for that's available)
    and the SSS. The SSS is valid for 1 year. It includes an eCS 2.0 GA
    license, even if the year would we over before.

    --
    Andreas Schnellbacher

  8. Re: USB Drivers?

    Thanks for everyone's help. I wish IBM had left there ftp site up
    or made the files available to Hobbes or elsewhere.
    We we're using Jaz drives but they are obsolete now too.
    If I can't get flash drives working I might try the cd-rw again.

    Thanks again, Joe

    On Dec 4, 8:45 am, Peter Brown
    wrote:
    > Hi Joe
    >
    > Pungh0Li0 wrote:
    > > Hi, I only see a newsletter subscription.
    > > It seems you need to buy OS/2 from them in order to download drivers.
    > > Is that right?

    > > Thanks, Joe

    > No, not quite...
    >
    > eCS has a few bits that are not in the IBM version including better
    > support for more modern hardware.
    >
    > Yes, you do need to purchase (seehttp://os2.mensys.nl/indexuk.html)
    > and Register eCS to be able to download any available updates from
    > ecomstation.
    >
    > You may find it is not just USB drivers that you need to get a Flash
    > drive working; other driver updates may be required depending on what
    > you already have installed. Offhand that could include IBM IDE drivers
    > and kernel.
    >
    > If you manage to locate and install all required drivers you may find
    > USBcfg helpful in configuring USB - note that it does not work with
    > CWUSB drivers though
    >
    > http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/system/usbcfgb7a.zip
    >
    > Might be worth downloading and reading through the Help and FAQ bits
    > anyway...
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Pete

  9. Re: USB Drivers?

    Hi Joe

    Pungh0Li0 wrote:
    > Thanks for everyone's help. I wish IBM had left there ftp site up
    > or made the files available to Hobbes or elsewhere.
    > We we're using Jaz drives but they are obsolete now too.
    > If I can't get flash drives working I might try the cd-rw again.
    >
    > Thanks again, Joe

    Does "I might try the cd-rw again" mean that you cannot write to cd-rw?

    What software is in use and, very importantly, what bldlevel of
    os2cdrom.dmd and os2dasd.dmd are installed?

    It's a while ago but there were definitely problems with os2cdrom.dmd;
    bldlevel 10.70 worked mainly and then there were a few bldlevels that
    were absolutely useless with the next useable bldlevel being something
    like 10.135

    Current (last) bldlevel is 10.163 and seems to work fine here.

    Regards

    Pete

    > On Dec 4, 8:45 am, Peter Brown
    > wrote:
    >> Hi Joe
    >>
    >> Pungh0Li0 wrote:
    >>> Hi, I only see a newsletter subscription.
    >>> It seems you need to buy OS/2 from them in order to download drivers.
    >>> Is that right?
    >>> Thanks, Joe

    >> No, not quite...
    >>
    >> eCS has a few bits that are not in the IBM version including better
    >> support for more modern hardware.
    >>
    >> Yes, you do need to purchase (seehttp://os2.mensys.nl/indexuk.html)
    >> and Register eCS to be able to download any available updates from
    >> ecomstation.
    >>
    >> You may find it is not just USB drivers that you need to get a Flash
    >> drive working; other driver updates may be required depending on what
    >> you already have installed. Offhand that could include IBM IDE drivers
    >> and kernel.
    >>
    >> If you manage to locate and install all required drivers you may find
    >> USBcfg helpful in configuring USB - note that it does not work with
    >> CWUSB drivers though
    >>
    >> http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/system/usbcfgb7a.zip
    >>
    >> Might be worth downloading and reading through the Help and FAQ bits
    >> anyway...
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Pete

  10. Re: USB Drivers?

    I tried to work my way through tutorials on Hobbes and
    http://www.os2world.com/cdwriting/index.htm
    and it seemed like I almost got it writing to cd in os/2.
    I can burn ghost images so I left it at that. But I really
    need to be able to transfer files between systems. I just
    downloaded the RSJ Writer demo. I've installed it but
    I probably won't have time to test it for a week or two.
    I'll try to check the bldlevel before then.

    Thanks, Joe

    On Dec 5, 11:55 am, Peter Brown
    wrote:
    > Hi Joe
    >
    > Pungh0Li0 wrote:
    > > Thanks for everyone's help. I wish IBM had left there ftp site up
    > > or made the files available to Hobbes or elsewhere.
    > > We we're using Jaz drives but they are obsolete now too.
    > > If I can't get flash drives working I might try the cd-rw again.

    > > Thanks again, Joe

    > Does "I might try the cd-rw again" mean that you cannot write to cd-rw?
    >
    > What software is in use and, very importantly, what bldlevel of
    > os2cdrom.dmd and os2dasd.dmd are installed?
    >
    > It's a while ago but there were definitely problems with os2cdrom.dmd;
    > bldlevel 10.70 worked mainly and then there were a few bldlevels that
    > were absolutely useless with the next useable bldlevel being something
    > like 10.135
    >
    > Current (last) bldlevel is 10.163 and seems to work fine here.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Pete

  11. Re: USB Drivers?

    On 12/05/07 01:13 pm, Pungh0Li0 wrote:
    > I tried to work my way through tutorials on Hobbes and
    > http://www.os2world.com/cdwriting/index.htm
    > and it seemed like I almost got it writing to cd in os/2.
    > I can burn ghost images so I left it at that. But I really
    > need to be able to transfer files between systems. I just
    > downloaded the RSJ Writer demo. I've installed it but
    > I probably won't have time to test it for a week or two.

    Don't wait to long, when I tested RSJ I got sidetracked and by the time
    I tried it the demo had run out (IIRC 30 days)
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread