Re: Is This Group Active - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: Is This Group Active - OS2 ; Here in comp.os.os2.advocacy, Bob Campbell spake unto us, saying: >In article , > "Mark Dodel" wrote: > >> They did have the option until microsoft strong armed IBM and forced >> them to kill their own opeating system in favor ...

  1. Re: Is This Group Active

    Here in comp.os.os2.advocacy, Bob Campbell
    spake unto us, saying:

    >In article ,
    > "Mark Dodel" wrote:
    >
    >> They did have the option until microsoft strong armed IBM and forced
    >> them to kill their own opeating system in favor of the inferior
    >> windows. When Warp came out, every month PC Magazine had a list of
    >> the 10 best selling software for the month. OS/2 was always at the
    >> top, so what happened? PC Magazine dropped the feature. Millions
    >> every month were paying for OS/2 to replace the crappy windoze on
    >> their machines.

    >comp.sys.mac.advocacy removed since this has nothing to do with Macs!
    >
    >The above is completely wrong. If you think MS was in a position to
    >"strong arm" IBM in 1995 you are simply crazy. IBM had to sell Windows
    >if they wanted to sell PCs because no one wanted OS/2.

    Sworn testimony from IBM executives in the US DOJ's trial against MS
    and comments made after the fact seem to indicate otherwise.

    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall.../MS/IBM-1.html
    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall.../MS/IBM-3.html
    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall.../MS/IBM-4.html

    The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

  2. Re: Is This Group Active

    In article ,
    rsteiner@visi.com (Richard Steiner) wrote:

    > >The above is completely wrong. If you think MS was in a position to
    > >"strong arm" IBM in 1995 you are simply crazy. IBM had to sell Windows
    > >if they wanted to sell PCs because no one wanted OS/2.

    > Sworn testimony from IBM executives in the US DOJ's trial against MS
    > and comments made after the fact seem to indicate otherwise.

    Yeah, and that's completely unbiased right?

    Bob Campbell

  3. Re: Is This Group Active

    On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 01:07:47 UTC, Bob Campbell wrote:

    -> In article ,
    -> rsteiner@visi.com (Richard Steiner) wrote:
    ->
    -> > >The above is completely wrong. If you think MS was in a position to
    -> > >"strong arm" IBM in 1995 you are simply crazy. IBM had to sell Windows
    -> > >if they wanted to sell PCs because no one wanted OS/2.
    -> >
    -> > Sworn testimony from IBM executives in the US DOJ's trial against MS
    -> > and comments made after the fact seem to indicate otherwise.
    ->
    -> Yeah, and that's completely unbiased right?

    So you are questioning sworn testimony given in a U.S. federal court
    proceeding? So there isn't any evidence or proof that will keep you
    from questioning your own opinions? Are you just another microserf
    troll?

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel