The Push To Discredit Leopard - OS2

This is a discussion on The Push To Discredit Leopard - OS2 ; In article , barro wrote: > > Any chance you could stop cross this posting Leopard stuff? > > Thanks, Excuse me. I had not noticed the crossposting. _x. -- Only one "o" in my e-mail address...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 35 of 35

  1. Re: The Push To Discredit Leopard

    In article
    <3f3b7522-c3cb-45d1-a383-0d9a19942f7f@x69g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>,

    --
    Only one "o" in my e-mail address

  2. Re: The Push To Discredit Leopard

    In article ,
    Xavier Llobet wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Michael Siemon wrote:
    >
    > > Well, without going anywhere _near_ "Leopard is as poorly developed
    > > as Vista" (which I do not remotely believe to be the case...), I have
    > > good experience with Leopard on my MacBook (other than the utterly
    > > abominable and hateful "translucent" menus, which suck big time...).
    > >
    > > However, I have nothing but grief trying to put Leopard on my G5 dual
    > > system. Half a dozen attempts, with varying styles (upgrading, doing
    > > a complete erase-and-install, etc.) all wind up unusable. I have never
    > > (in about 20 years of Mac usage, starting with a MacII) had this kind
    > > of problem with a new Mac OS release. Ever. Leopard is, IMO, flawed.

    > Upgraded to Leopard (from burned DVD) into a Dual 1.8GHz PowerPC G5,
    > with 512MB: no problem at all, it works as a charm. Not that I like it
    > much more that Tiger or Panther, but I've had no problems.
    >
    > (The machine where I do most of my work is on 10.3.9).
    >
    > _x.
    >
    > --
    > Only one "o" in my e-mail address

    My most recent try at Leopard on the G5 is at least semi-stable --
    some problems in booting/restarting, but not the unusable hash from
    the initial attempts. It is conceivable that the disruptions have
    had something to do with the Sonnet Jive SATA card & disks I put in;
    if I disable those, the restarts are (mostly) OK.

  3. Re: The Push To Discredit Leopard

    On Dec 3, 12:07 pm, Michael Siemon wrote:
    > In article ,
    > Xavier Llobet wrote:
    >

    > > In article ,
    > > Michael Siemon wrote:

    > > > Well, without going anywhere _near_ "Leopard is as poorly developed
    > > > as Vista" (which I do not remotely believe to be the case...), I have
    > > > good experience with Leopard on my MacBook (other than the utterly
    > > > abominable and hateful "translucent" menus, which suck big time...).

    > > > However, I have nothing but grief trying to put Leopard on my G5 dual
    > > > system. Half a dozen attempts, with varying styles (upgrading, doing
    > > > a complete erase-and-install, etc.) all wind up unusable. I have never
    > > > (in about 20 years of Mac usage, starting with a MacII) had this kind
    > > > of problem with a new Mac OS release. Ever. Leopard is, IMO, flawed.

    > > Upgraded to Leopard (from burned DVD) into a Dual 1.8GHz PowerPC G5,
    > > with 512MB: no problem at all, it works as a charm. Not that I like it
    > > much more that Tiger or Panther, but I've had no problems.

    > > (The machine where I do most of my work is on 10.3.9).

    > > _x.

    > > --
    > > Only one "o" in my e-mail address

    > My most recent try at Leopard on the G5 is at least semi-stable --
    > some problems in booting/restarting, but not the unusable hash from
    > the initial attempts. It is conceivable that the disruptions have
    > had something to do with the Sonnet Jive SATA card & disks I put in;
    > if I disable those, the restarts are (mostly) OK.- Hide quoted text -

    Please stop-cross posting.

    Thank you,

  4. Re: The Push To Discredit Leopard

    barro wrote:
    > On Dec 3, 6:28 am, Xavier Llobet wrote:
    >> In article ,
    >> Michael Siemon wrote:
    >>
    >>> Well, without going anywhere _near_ "Leopard is as poorly developed
    >>> as Vista" (which I do not remotely believe to be the case...), I have
    >>> good experience with Leopard on my MacBook (other than the utterly
    >>> abominable and hateful "translucent" menus, which suck big time...).
    >>> However, I have nothing but grief trying to put Leopard on my G5 dual
    >>> system. Half a dozen attempts, with varying styles (upgrading, doing
    >>> a complete erase-and-install, etc.) all wind up unusable. I have never
    >>> (in about 20 years of Mac usage, starting with a MacII) had this kind
    >>> of problem with a new Mac OS release. Ever. Leopard is, IMO, flawed.

    >> Upgraded to Leopard (from burned DVD) into a Dual 1.8GHz PowerPC G5,
    >> with 512MB: no problem at all, it works as a charm. Not that I like it
    >> much more that Tiger or Panther, but I've had no problems.
    >>
    >> (The machine where I do most of my work is on 10.3.9).
    >>
    >> _x.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Only one "o" in my e-mail address

    > Any chance you could stop cross this posting Leopard stuff?

    Possibly.

    > Thanks,

    No problem.

  5. Re: Inappropriate postings for comp.os.os2.* groups

    J de Boyne Pollard wrote:
    > PB> Remove comp.os.os2.misc *Before* replying so that I don't see the
    > reply :-)
    >
    > http://homepages.tesco.net./~J.deBoy...d/FGA/add-the-
    > followup-to-header.html>

    OK.

  6. Re: The Push To Discredit Leopard

    barro wrote:
    > On Dec 3, 6:28 am, Xavier Llobet wrote:
    >
    > Any chance you could stop cross this posting Leopard stuff?

    Not even Dave Tholen (if he's aware of the situation) seems to think it
    is worth his attention to stop these guys from their irrelevant
    cross-postings, so let's not waste our energy, eh?

    Let's just thank whatever it is that we worship that Eric Bennett hasn't
    jumped in...

  7. Re: The Push To Discredit Leopard

    Marty wrote:
    > barro wrote:
    >> On Dec 3, 6:28 am, Xavier Llobet wrote:
    >>
    >> Any chance you could stop cross this posting Leopard stuff?

    > Not even Dave Tholen (if he's aware of the situation) seems to think it
    > is worth his attention to stop these guys from their irrelevant
    > cross-postings, so let's not waste our energy, eh?
    >
    > Let's just thank whatever it is that we worship that Eric Bennett hasn't
    > jumped in...

    I think that global warming is largely to blame.

    HTH,

    Andy.

  8. Re: The Push To Discredit Leopard[FUD4]

    On Dec 4, 3:22 am, Marty wrote:
    > barro wrote:
    > > On Dec 3, 6:28 am, Xavier Llobet wrote:

    > > Any chance you could stop cross this posting Leopard stuff?

    > Not even Dave Tholen (if he's aware of the situation) seems to think it
    > is worth his attention to stop these guys from their irrelevant
    > cross-postings, so let's not waste our energy, eh?
    >
    > Let's just thank whatever it is that we worship that Eric Bennett hasn't
    > jumped in...
    >
    > --
    > [Reverse the parts of the e-mail address to reply.]

    ****, I thought I had the guy talked into not cross-posting and you
    brought him back in. I don't know these other idiots (Tholen, Bennet)
    so I can't comment.

    JB

  9. Re: The Push To Discredit Leopard

    Marty writes:

    > barro wrote:

    >> Any chance you could stop cross this posting Leopard stuff?

    > Not even Dave Tholen (if he's aware of the situation) seems to think it
    > is worth his attention to stop these guys from their irrelevant
    > cross-postings, so let's not waste our energy, eh?

    The key word here is "if".

    > Let's just thank whatever it is that we worship that Eric Bennett hasn't
    > jumped in...

    You mean Elizabot?

  10. Re: The Push To Discredit Leopard

    On Dec 3, 5:28 am, Xavier Llobet wrote:

    > Upgraded to Leopard (from burned DVD) into a Dual 1.8GHz PowerPC G5,
    > with 512MB: no problem at all, it works as a charm. Not that I like it
    > much more that Tiger or Panther, but I've had no problems.
    >
    > (The machine where I do most of my work is on 10.3.9).

    I have a Dual 1.8 as well, and Leopard installed and runs like it's
    supposed to. Finally got rid of all my OS9 apps though,sad to see
    them go. But then, I haven't ran some of them is quite some time, so
    time to move on.

    A local CL'er wanted to swap his retail Leopard for a retail version
    of Tiger, straight across, I jumped at it.

  11. Re: The Push To Discredit Leopard

    On Dec 5, 7:13 am, Silicon Sam wrote:
    > On Dec 3, 5:28 am, Xavier Llobet wrote:
    >

    > > Upgraded to Leopard (from burned DVD) into a Dual 1.8GHz PowerPC G5,
    > > with 512MB: no problem at all, it works as a charm. Not that I like it
    > > much more that Tiger or Panther, but I've had no problems.

    > > (The machine where I do most of my work is on 10.3.9).

    > I have a Dual 1.8 as well, and Leopard installed and runs like it's
    > supposed to. Finally got rid of all my OS9 apps though,sad to see
    > them go. But then, I haven't ran some of them is quite some time, so
    > time to move on.
    >
    > A local CL'er wanted to swap his retail Leopard for a retail version
    > of Tiger, straight across, I jumped at it.

    Any chance you could stop cross-posting Leopard stuff to non-Mac
    groups?

    Thanks,

    jb

  12. Re: The Push To Discredit Leopard

    On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 12:20:02 UTC, barro wrote:

    [Followup set to comp.sys.mac.misc]

    ->
    -> Any chance you could stop cross-posting Leopard stuff to non-Mac
    -> groups?
    ->
    -> Thanks,
    ->
    -> jb

    If you realy want to end the cross-posting either remove the
    inappropriate group from your own post, or set a followup to the
    appropriate news group.

    The best way to deal with threads started by useless trolls is to just
    ignore them.

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.warpstock.eu

  13. Re: Inappropriate postings for comp.os.os2.* groups

    On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 18:44:24 +1100, Andy wrote:
    > J de Boyne Pollard wrote:
    >> PB> Remove comp.os.os2.misc *Before* replying so that I don't see the
    >> reply :-)
    >>
    >> http://homepages.tesco.net./~J.deBoy...d/FGA/add-the-
    >> followup-to-header.html>

    [comp.os.os2.*]
    Score: =-9999
    Expires: 3/13/2008
    Subject: Leopard

  14. Re: The Push To Discredit Leopard

    barro wrote:
    > On Dec 5, 7:13 am, Silicon Sam wrote:
    >> On Dec 3, 5:28 am, Xavier Llobet wrote:
    >>

    >>> Upgraded to Leopard (from burned DVD) into a Dual 1.8GHz PowerPC G5,
    >>> with 512MB: no problem at all, it works as a charm. Not that I like it
    >>> much more that Tiger or Panther, but I've had no problems.
    >>> (The machine where I do most of my work is on 10.3.9).

    >> I have a Dual 1.8 as well, and Leopard installed and runs like it's
    >> supposed to. Finally got rid of all my OS9 apps though,sad to see
    >> them go. But then, I haven't ran some of them is quite some time, so
    >> time to move on.
    >>
    >> A local CL'er wanted to swap his retail Leopard for a retail version
    >> of Tiger, straight across, I jumped at it.

    > Any chance you could stop cross-posting Leopard stuff to non-Mac
    > groups?

    Maybe.

    > Thanks,

    You're welcome!

  15. Re: Inappropriate postings for comp.os.os2.* groups

    Spamm Trappe wrote:
    >>> reply :-)
    >>>
    >>> http://homepages.tesco.net./~J.deBoy...d/FGA/add-the-
    >>> followup-to-header.html>

    > [comp.os.os2.*]
    > Score: =-9999
    > Expires: 3/13/2008
    > Subject: Leopard

    I don't understand - what does this have to do with MacOS 10.5?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2